Dobson just s u cks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Dobson just s u cks

In response to wozzy's comment:

Are we really going to pretend Dobson hasn't been improving game by game, what was Brady yelling at him three weeks ago for, not being able to stop on the outside back shoulder throw on the streak, he caught a long one tonight beautifully, he dropped nothing easy.  This guy has all the tools.  

No. Forgotten here? It took them three tries to connect on tha one ... the final try was the TD. Dobson is having some kind of problem knowing when to look for it. 

The posters telling us that Brady was given the worst tools of his career when many of us suggested patience with the rookies look like fools.  

In a manner of speaking, to start the season, he was given the worst tools. This isn't offensive turnover we are talking about ... it's been pure offensive flux. The only guy to start and play every single game on offense this season (from a skill position) is Brady. Every singe week its been a different cast of characters. At the beginning of the season, they were basically playing with a bunch of rookies. 

Stop and consider that. 

Dobson does look better ... what looks a lot better though is Brady, Gronk and Amendola actually having a couple weeks to practice together. 

Thus Dobson's misrun routes and drops (a couple of the former, another of the latter) don't pile on top of Thpmkins', that pile on Boyce's, that pile on Hooman's inability to consistently work himself open, that piles on Boyce's disappearing act ...

It creates an atmosphere that is hostile to precision. Yes Brady wasn't sharp, especially in the middle games. It's basically impossible to be sharp with a different set of guys each week, all of them making major fundamental errors on a repeated basis. 

Does it mean they are terrible now and forever? No.

It's what being realistic about being forced (by attrition and a couple poor managment decisions) to play through rookie issues looks like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All told ... wasn't it great to see a true WR get open deep AND get under the ball for once? 

[/QUOTE]

What, Get under the ball?  Everyone knows that even though the WR runs another 30 yards since the QB releases the ball on a deep route it's the QB's fault if the ball comes down on the outside shoulder and not the inside shoulder.

[/QUOTE]

Haha.

Man, I totally gave up trying to correct people about that on this forum. A few years back, when everyone started talking about how NE couldn't connect deep anymore.

The funniest bit, is you'll see some of the worst offenders there pop up in draft threads and sometimes even mention how well a WR tracks the ball in flight ... but then ... disconnect. 

As soon as they are watching Brady, and a pass is INC because it's "off" by 3-5 yards from 40 yars deep they throw Brady under the bus.

On deep passes the QBs job is to throw the WR open ... the WRs job is to get to where the ball is regardless. 

The traditional concepts of 'accuracy' are meaningless. There is so much that happens between the pass and catch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The WRs last year were more reliable but much less talented. There is a difference. 

Reliability can be taught .. it's part of getting experience in the NFL. 

Talent ... what Dobson did ... just blowing past defenders? To be clear ... Brandon Lloyd has never been able to do that ... much less in the twilight NE had him for. 

Also, you are 100% correct. Talib will be huge. It hurts not having him against teams like Pitt who have a complete complement of WRs. It shows. 

[/QUOTE]

What a bag of garbage.  This year's WR's are more talented then last year?  Are you kidding me?  Did you see why Dobson blew by the defense?  They thought it was a run?  I watch Lloyd blow by defense several times last season and Lloyd did it being much older.  Please tell me more.

[/QUOTE]

What Looyd were you watching?

Film please. 

I can't recall a single play where Lloyd had more than a shade over the top. He never was that guy anyhow. 

TB and Lloyd lived on the back shoulder stop adjustment on their go routes because Lloyd couldn't get over the top. 

Yes, in terms of raw  talent ... they are much better. 

Bigger, faster, more athletic. 

Experience, reliability, health, etc, are different matters entirely, some of which won't be settled for a year or so ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The posters telling us that Brady was given the worst tools of his career when many of us suggested patience with the rookies look like fools.  

In a manner of speaking, to start the season, he was given the worst tools. This isn't offensive turnover we are talking about ... it's been pure offensive flux. The only guy to start and play every single game on offense this season (from a skill position) is Brady. Every singe week its been a different cast of characters. At the beginning of the season, they were basically playing with a bunch of rookies. 

Stop and consider that. 

Dobson does look better ... what looks a lot better though is Brady, Gronk and Amendola actually having a couple weeks to practice together. 

Thus Dobson's misrun routes and drops (a couple of the former, another of the latter) don't pile on top of Thpmkins', that pile on Boyce's, that pile on Hooman's inability to consistently work himself open, that piles on Boyce's disappearing act ...

It creates an atmosphere that is hostile to precision. Yes Brady wasn't sharp, especially in the middle games. It's basically impossible to be sharp with a different set of guys each week, all of them making major fundamental errors on a repeated basis. 

Does it mean they are terrible now and forever? No.

It's what being realistic about being forced (by attrition and a couple poor managment decisions) to play through rookie issues looks like.

[/QUOTE]

^This is the truth. This is the reality. This is the real world of objective analysis devoid of homerism. I saw nobody claiming the rooks would never amount to anything. I simply saw people saying they didn't amount to much yet. I saw people saying better decisions should have been made to assure these new guys didn't get put behind the 8 ball before they were ready. I saw people saying it was silly to blame the HOF QB because he had a jerry-rigged collection of inexperienced people to throw the ball to.

There is no "I told you so" going on with these rookies despite what some kool-aide guzzing homers would like to believe, and there is nobody I have seen that was/is a fool for protesting that a "trial by fire" approach was not sound management of the situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All told ... wasn't it great to see a true WR get open deep AND get under the ball for once? 

[/QUOTE]

What, Get under the ball?  Everyone knows that even though the WR runs another 30 yards since the QB releases the ball on a deep route it's the QB's fault if the ball comes down on the outside shoulder and not the inside shoulder.

[/QUOTE]

Haha.

Man, I totally gave up trying to correct people about that on this forum. A few years back, when everyone started talking about how NE couldn't connect deep anymore.

The funniest bit, is you'll see some of the worst offenders there pop up in draft threads and sometimes even mention how well a WR tracks the ball in flight ... but then ... disconnect. 

As soon as they are watching Brady, and a pass is INC because it's "off" by 3-5 yards from 40 yars deep they throw Brady under the bus.

On deep passes the QBs job is to throw the WR open ... the WRs job is to get to where the ball is regardless. 

The traditional concepts of 'accuracy' are meaningless. There is so much that happens between the pass and catch. 

[/QUOTE]

Let's just tell it like it is. Many people here simply expect Brady to be perfect to make up for other deficiencies on the team. They are used to him bailing them out and if he doesn't they point the finger his way. Rather silly really, and also dishonorable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Based on what I heard from the draft "experts" and scouts, Dobson was never a burner in college. He didn't get much separation and relied on his size, hands, and pure catching ability to make plays. He certainly got tons of separation on that 80-yard TD. Is it just me, or is he a lot faster than expected? I mean, he ran away from Ike Taylor.

I really haven't seen any of that failure to get separation issue with Dobson, at least not beyond what you might expect out of a rookie receiver competing against NFL talent. Right now, I'm not sure what to think about Dobson. Are the scouts wrong about him, or is he just benefitting from not being the focal point of the offense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Somebody tell 49 and Irishmob that their contributions here are so puny and unworthy of acknowledgement that they are on ignore. Otherwise I would wipe the floor up with their child's nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh dear.  Here we go again: proving posters wrong is more important than the team winning.

If the poster is NOT a Pats' fan, but a Jests/Jints/Donkeys troll, fine.  But, otherwise.....ahhh, fuggedaboutit....

Dobson had a career game = awesome = leave it at that.

[/QUOTE]

I must confess that this post is pretty much reflective of my view. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh dear.  Here we go again: proving posters wrong is more important than the team winning.

If the poster is NOT a Pats' fan, but a Jests/Jints/Donkeys troll, fine.  But, otherwise.....ahhh, fuggedaboutit....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously some threads are simply created to provoke. That is especially galling when the premise isn't even correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Perspective please...Dobson was horrible in the first half and thankfully remembered he found his game last week and had a fantastic 2nd half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perspective please...Dobson was horrible in the first half and thankfully remembered he found his game last week and had a fantastic 2nd half.

[/QUOTE]

I think the saying goes.... "He lacks consistency, but has shown flashes of brilliance".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously some threads are simply created to provoke. That is especially galling when the premise isn't even correct.

[/QUOTE]

On this score, sir, you and I are in complete agreement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Recievers with dropsies, check out the KC./Bills game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Anybody besides me notice Dobson was being double covered a lot in the first half? Unless I was seeing things, that means we have a receiver that teams fear on the outside. That hasn't happened since Moss left. I don't think NFL defenses double cover receivers that are lousy. I could be wrong... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The posters telling us that Brady was given the worst tools of his career"

That's actually true out of the gate, though AH has something to do with that...but in week one it was true for sure.

Yet somehow we didn't lose...

Patience is good but it's a very risky strategy in the NFL. We were very lucky the D carried us through the first number of games so that the offense could gell more. BB gets credit but it was a very high risk strategy he could have mitigated more than he did. That said we are through the worst of it and if not for defensive industries we might be looking like a championship team already. The D may yet come around even wtih the injuries. 

"Luck" had nothing to do with it, Belichick assembling a killer defense had everything to do with it, if Vereen and Amendola stay healthy the offense wouldn't have looked as inept as it did, and yet somehow we still didn't lose.

By the way Wozzy you do realize the essence of Internet message boards is a heavy does of whining and complaining right? Ten years from now you will still be lecturing on this topic and there will still be too much belly aching. :) I admire the determination but it's a hopeless cause. Would love to see more of your football analysis (some of the best in this forum) and less your berating other fans in here and calling them tools.

I don't really like the "tools" moniker, there are so many other, better ways to go, but I would have an easier time answering you if you would respond to me directly, I almost missed this?  I try to keep away from personal attacks altogether but it's hard when you get goaded into it.

At any rate, my views are complex: 

- You could see that Brady can thrive with good healthy weapons and enough OL protection

- PIeces on the offense like the heavy use of Ridley are falling into place

- We have overcome some of the worst of the rookie growing pains. If these guys can stay relatively healthy they may be able to carry the D for a few games while a few guys get healthy and backups get savvy with schemes. 

In a wide open AFC we may have enough....

All credit to Belichick and the coaching staff for such a good record given all we have been through. All shame to those who put this all on Brady when it was much more complex than that.

I would add that a huge amount of credit should go to Belichick the General Manager, he has back up plans for his back up plans, a lesser team would have folded up and went home long ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over yourself. We just played one of the worst teams in the league.

Too many of you are quick squirters. Any sign of something good, and you blow your wad. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

You're telling others to get over themselves?  That's rich.  You complain about people over reacting to positive play, yet you're even worse when it comes to anything remotely negative. 

Talk about someone who needs to learn the game.  I think you stand proudly at the head of the line there!

[/QUOTE]

I thought that YOU and I had put this kind of thing behind us. But apparently YOU haven't. Ignored. I have no time to waste on your worthless views.

[/QUOTE]

My god man, how can you be so sensitive?  All I'm saying is that you come across very hypocritical.  You jump on people for over emphasizing the positives, but you do the exact same thing with the negative.  Sorry, if I offended you.  The fact that you plan on ignoring me, simply because I have a different view point, speaks volumes about you. 

Anyway...whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better, be my guest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

In a manner of speaking, to start the season, he was given the worst tools. This isn't offensive turnover we are talking about ... it's been pure offensive flux. The only guy to start and play every single game on offense this season (from a skill position) is Brady. It's what being realistic about being forced (by attrition and a couple poor managment decisions) to play through rookie issues looks like.

[/QUOTE]

If Vereen and Amendola don't miss time, this offense would have scored more points early in the season, that's not a bad set of tools to start the season with, it's a bunch of tools that need to be sharpened and oiled.  

Poor management decisions..?

7-2 headed into the bye week, apparently you haven't read our injury report lately, it reads like a Pro Bowl roster...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody besides me notice Dobson was being double covered a lot in the first half? Unless I was seeing things, that means we have a receiver that teams fear on the outside. That hasn't happened since Moss left. I don't think NFL defenses double cover receivers that are lousy. I could be wrong... 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he was being doubled but the steelers were rolling their safeties to the outside guys for a good portion of three quarters and Gronk & DA were killing them down the seams. When the steelers adjusted it allowed for softer outside coverage. Brady and Dobson took advantage of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In a manner of speaking, to start the season, he was given the worst tools. This isn't offensive turnover we are talking about ... it's been pure offensive flux. The only guy to start and play every single game on offense this season (from a skill position) is Brady. It's what being realistic about being forced (by attrition and a couple poor managment decisions) to play through rookie issues looks like.

[/QUOTE]

If Vereen and Amendola don't miss time, this offense would have scored more points early in the season, that's not a bad set of tools to start the season with, it's a bunch of tools that need to be sharpened and oiled.  

Poor management decisions..?

7-2 headed into the bye week, apparently you haven't read our injury report lately, it reads like a Pro Bowl roster...

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I don't see any questionable management decisions there.  The fact is, BB made a commitment to youth.  If they can continue to show improvement, as they have been doing, and ride through this wave of injuries...I think they should be looking very strong, come playoff time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

7-2 headed into the bye week,

[/QUOTE]

You need to temper your enthusiasm wozzy. Going into this week we had played only 2 teams with winning records and lost to one of them and barely beat the other if not for a Brady miracle.

We're all happy with 7-2 at this juncture, but it's a soft 7-2.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need to temper your enthusiasm wozzy. Going into this week we had played only 2 teams with winning records and lost to one of them and barely beat the other if not for a Brady miracle.

[/QUOTE]

7-2 is 7-2 in the NFL. Ask Denver /KC fans if they are happy even though they have only beaten 2 teams with winning records.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The reasonable people around here said that the rooks would get better (well, at least one has) and that a healthy Vereen, Gronk and Amendola would do wonders for Brady.  Dobson is a legit threat but, yes, he will still have lapses.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

7-2 is 7-2 in the NFL. Ask Denver /KC fans if they are happy even though they have only beaten 2 teams with winning records.

[/QUOTE]

We lost our last 2 SBs to Giants teams with 9-7 and 10-6  regular season records. So, I'm not impressed by regular season records. I'm more impressed with beating good teams than pounding on the suckballs.

And I'm not impressed with KC or the donkey's rolling up wins on bad teams either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reasonable people around here said that the rooks would get better (well, at least one has) and that a healthy Vereen, Gronk and Amendola would do wonders for Brady.  Dobson is a legit threat but, yes, he will still have lapses.    

[/QUOTE]

One for three isn't bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We lost our last 2 SBs to Giants teams with 9-7 and 10-6  regular season records. So, I'm not impressed by regular season records. I'm more impressed with beating good teams than pounding on the suckballs.

And I'm not impressed with KC or the donkey's rolling up wins on bad teams either.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't buy that whole notion of a "soft" winning record.  It is what it is.  To me the focus should be on how the team got those wins.  The fact that the Patriots have been able to amass that record with so many new players and with so many injuries...that's a sign of strength, to me.