Dobson out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Dobson out

Disappointing.  Injury or skill? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Dobson out

Heard it was the hamstring. They don't wanna push him if not a 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Looked it up.  He was on injury list with Hamstring.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well, we need another 2nd round bust to keep the streak alive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flospanksthespanker. Show flospanksthespanker's posts

He wasn't going to decide the game anyway..not this early in his career ...

I don't fear the might Buffablow Bills

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Really...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

Small loss...like Phat Rex

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Amendola will have a great game tomorrow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The pats have a lot of inter changeable parts, NBD, lets relax

The pats sure seem to have a lot of hammies but its better than some teams

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've found TCals offensive Mayo. If Dobson doesnt put up Calvin Johnson type numbers ...TCal will dub him a bust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Makes for a good opportunity for Boyce.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thompkins and Boyce looked better than him coming out of camp at this point so doesn't hurt to keep him out if he's not 100%. They can afford to play the lowly Bills week 1 with 4 WRs

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've found TCals offensive Mayo. If Dobson doesnt put up Calvin Johnson type numbers ...TCal will dub him a bust.

[/QUOTE]

Just a little sarcasm.  I'm sure he'll be just fine.  Plus Edelman is right on track to be IR'ed by week 5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I knew there was a reason I have tcal on ignore

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jeesh - Even I knew tcal was dropping the irony bomb.  Ease up guys.

Hardly a big deal that Dobson is out for this game.  Looking forward to the kickoff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Just a little sarcasm.  I'm sure he'll be just fine.  Plus Edelman is right on track to be IR'ed by week 5.

You haven't learned your lesson from Brady tweaking his knee right after your prediction, no wonder Ras couldn't stay healthy, bad mojo... let's keep the positive healthy vibes flowing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I also think Dobson has been performance based. Today he is clearly the 5th WR and the Pats most games will have 4 WR's active on game day. Dobson will have to force his way in thru his play in practice. 

With DAmendola and JEdelman's injury histories, Dobson most likely will play meaningful snaps, but as of right now and UDFA and a 4th rounder have beaten him out of playing time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I also think Dobson has been performance based. Today he is clearly the 5th WR and the Pats most games will have 4 WR's active on game day. Dobson will have to force his way in thru his play in practice. 

With DAmendola and JEdelman's injury histories, Dobson most likely will play meaningful snaps, but as of right now and UDFA and a 4th rounder have beaten him out of playing time. 

Will be interesting to watch how Cordarelle Patterson (Vikings, 29th pick overall) and Markus Wheaton (Steelers, 79th overall pick) do . . . those are two receivers the Pats could have had instead of Dobson:  Patterson if BB had stayed where he was and didn't trade down and Wheaton even with the trading, since he was a third round pick.  

I'm hoping for the best from Dobson, but I was disappointed with his ability to separate in preseason. His measurables look good and I think he has good hands, but if he can't separate, he'll never be an impact receiver.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Jeesh - Even I knew tcal was dropping the irony bomb.  Ease up guys.

Hardly a big deal that Dobson is out for this game.  Looking forward to the kickoff.

Not sure it was ironic...  More like edgy humor, but  most good jokes have an element of truth in there.

Haha... Tcal good one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Will be interesting to watch how Cordarelle Patterson (Vikings, 29th pick overall) and Markus Wheaton (Steelers, 79th overall pick) do . . . those are two receivers the Pats could have had instead of Dobson:  Patterson if BB had stayed where he was and didn't trade down and Wheaton even with the trading, since he was a third round pick.  

I'm hoping for the best from Dobson, but I was disappointed with his ability to separate in preseason. His measurables look good and I think he has good hands, but if he can't separate, he'll never be an impact receiver.  

I think some of the bigger wide receivers don't really separate real well, so I'm not surprised Dobson doesn't either, but they all use their size advantage to be productive and I hope Dobson will do that. I said the very second they drafted him that I absolutely hated the pick, but I saw him at camp and I thought he looked like a guy that will help us right away. We shall see, but he is definitely not the type of guy we usually draft for the position (which is why I didn't like it), but they drafted him for a reason. I think he is not 100% healthy right now and maybe he hasn't been since he twisted his ankle earlier this summer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Disappointing.  Injury or skill? 

46 man gameday roster, only so many hands...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

That stinks, I was looking forward to seeing Dobson get a little playing time...wouldn't surprise me if they are playing it safe with him and activate him for the game Thursday. 

Still won't take away from my excitement for the game today!