[QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

Master of Arts.

A postgraduate degree. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh a wimp degree.

[/QUOTE]

A wimp degree, what would be the opposite of that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Dobson Shows Signs Of Improvement?

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

A wimp degree, what would be the opposite of that?

[/QUOTE]

an MS? 

[/QUOTE]

That would be tough or manly?  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Article on Dobson's Progress

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/10/aaron_dobson_s_catching_on

Fans expectations of immediate contributions were unrealistic.  I still don't think he has reached his potential, doubt that will occur this year - but at least he's showing some signs of improvement.  It takes actual pro experience to develop route running and timing. 

[/QUOTE]

BB obviously had expectations of immediate contributions because he had him out there as a starter.

[/QUOTE]

WELL, WHAT OTHER RECEIVERS WERE ON THE TEAM?

[/QUOTE]

None and whose fault is that?

[/QUOTE]

Does it have to be anyone's?  

[/QUOTE]

Who signs and cuts players and puts the team together?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Who signs and cuts players and puts the team together?

[/QUOTE]

Not you.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. 

The original poster suggested that the fans had unrealistic expectations of Dobson coming and contributing straight away and I suggested obviously BB did or why else would he have him as a starter in his NFL team. You would expect a coach would believe any player he starts in the NFL would expect him to contribute otherwise why have him there?You weighed in with the obvious who else was there and I said no one and whose responsible for that? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I must admit that I didn't know a single thing about Dobson coming out of college.  When the Pats drafted him this place was filled with all the great stories of how he never dropped a pass and the pictures of his great one handed end zone catch, people even brought up Randy Moss's name when talking about Dobson, lol!  So yeah, I bought into they hype, big time.  So my disappointment could be due to the expectations were so high based on these stories and pictures and talk posted here before he even stepped on the Patriots practice field.

But I must say that I don't understand what is going on.  Who will get more snaps, more passes Sunday vs the Steelers, Dobson or Thompkins? I think Thompkins has looked better then Dobson, why was he not used last weekend? 

[/QUOTE]

Did you ever think that Brady's throws, many of them lacking touch at times or the right traectories, are why these supposed "drops" are happening?

A circus catch not completed are not "drops".  Period. I don't care how the metric is judged. I know what I see. Dobson and Thompkins have had some rookie nerve type drops like all rookies will, but that's it.

Those will dwindle in time.

They key to ANY rookie is progression throughout the season.  It appears all the rookies are progressing, even if at varying rates.

[/QUOTE]

Well nobody cares what you think.  Apparently these people who are judging the metrics and post them on their site have a who bunch of people who references them.  Unlike you, who nobody cares about so I will take their word over yours.  Plus I have caught you in lies daily here so why would anyone care what you have to say?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Aaron Dobson - 26 receptions, 324 yards, 12.5 ypc, longest catch 53 yds,

2 TDs.

Those are Dobson stats half way through the season having played in 7 of the 8 games played.  Projecting no further improvement during his rookie year that looks to be 56 receptions, 694 yards, 4 TDS over 15 games.  Will he produce that?  Dunno but I see no reason why he shouldn't.  All things considered those are not bad numbers for a rookie wideout in a complex offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]Aaron Dobson - 26 receptions, 324 yards, 12.5 ypc, longest catch 53 yds,

2 TDs.

Those are Dobson stats half way through the season having played in 7 of the 8 games played.  Projecting no further improvement during his rookie year that looks to be 56 receptions, 694 yards, 4 TDS over 15 games.  Will he produce that?  Dunno but I see no reason why he shouldn't.  All things considered those are not bad numbers for a rookie wideout in a complex offense.

reply to ATJ

+1, and I think he will be better, , With Gronk, JA , Collie and JE , vereen I will not be looking for huge numbers from him or KT, I expect a more even distribution, Add to that a decent running game This O will not rely on getting 100 catches (or 50 for the last half season)"From anyone? that is what has killed us before in the playoffs, I just expect more efficiency - less drops better accuracy, better protection, more ridly our best blocking rb

And wasn't Dobby 4 for 6 targets with 2 missed throws by TB with an injured hand in windy conditions?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

The original poster suggested that the fans had unrealistic expectations of Dobson coming and contributing straight away and I suggested obviously BB did or why else would he have him as a starter in his NFL team. You would expect a coach would believe any player he starts in the NFL would expect him to contribute otherwise why have him there?You weighed in with the obvious who else was there and I said no one and whose responsible for that? 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree that BB is ultimately responsible for the overall state of the team; including the situation with all the receivers.  That being said, neither you nor I have any idea of what BB is thinking, his rationale, or expectations (either way) in terms of anticipating outcome. In other words, there's no way to know if he had unrealistic expecations of WRs; like Dobson, without having a conversation with him (and whether he would reveal the truth or not).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he's been decent the past 2 games.