Dobson to Play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Dobson to Play?

Aaron Dobson (hamstring) is tentatively expected to make his NFL debut Thursday.

Given the rash of injuries to the Patriots pass-catchers, the Patriots are going to be in an "all hands on deck" situation. But Dobson is strictly an outside receiver that is behind Kenbrell Thompkins and possibly Josh Boyce as well. We wouldn't expect significant snaps even if he's active.

Well, we need him......  Hopefully he doesn't re aggravated the hammy.  Lets go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Dobson to Play?

I dont know If I agree that we NEED him, atleast not right now. I think ONE rookie WR in the lineup is enough for now. I dont wanna see a guy out there because its desperate times. If he has a hammy that kept him out sunday, I would like to see him get another 10 days rest. Hammies can linger around ALL season if you dont play it right.

I think he still has a ways to go and would only do harm to himself and this offense. Lets see what improvements we can get from KT after his 1st game experience. Lets see what our young, talented RB team can do when needed. Lets see what this hyped us , top 5 predicted Defense can do for a week. Other aspects of the team need to step up instead of us rushing a rookiw WR back from a hammy who is likely gonna struggle early anyway. I mean he was behind KT all camp and we saw what his 1st game looked like. I hope they rest him for later.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want to see Dobson, but I don't want him rushed back if he isn't ready physically. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I dont know If I agree that we NEED him, atleast not right now. I think ONE rookie WR in the lineup is enough for now. I dont wanna see a guy out there because its desperate times. 

So who else would you want at WR?  Boyce, he's a rookie also.

Well Boyce is ok cuz he is healthy. I am not saying if Dobson is ready he shouldnt play, Im saying why rush him knowing how thin you are this year. We do still have Edleman, KT and a TE in Hooman. I would play a lot of base with 2 WR sets (KT and Eds) still bring in Boyce in passing downs in 3 WR set but I would try to make this a ground it out game and why not test our line and see if they can run on the Jets. Its gonna be needed in January. IN years past, we passed our way thru the reg. season and THEN tried to get tough and run in January. I believe its something you must establish early and continue during season. I was disappointed with 52 pass attempts by Brady. Thats got to be lower tommorow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I dont know If I agree that we NEED him, atleast not right now. I think ONE rookie WR in the lineup is enough for now. I dont wanna see a guy out there because its desperate times. 

Well Boyce is ok cuz he is healthy. I am not saying if Dobson is ready he shouldnt play, Im saying why rush him knowing how thin you are this year. We do still have Edleman, KT and a TE in Hooman. I would play a lot of base with 2 WR sets (KT and Eds) still bring in Boyce in passing downs in 3 WR set but I would try to make this a ground it out game and why not test our line and see if they can run on the Jets. Its gonna be needed in January. IN years past, we passed our way thru the reg. season and THEN tried to get tough and run in January. I believe its something you must establish early and continue during season. I was disappointed with 52 pass attempts by Brady. Thats got to be lower tommorow.

I would agree 52 pass attempts is a big number but to keep it in context the Pat's had the 3rd most rushing attempts in week 1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I would agree 52 pass attempts is a big number but to keep it in context the Pat's had the 3rd most rushing attempts in week 1.

and the only 100 yard rusher! Go figure. Thats what I heard atleast. Hard to believe AP ripped off a 78 yarder on the 1st play and didnt crack 100. I just felt that some of those forced passes to KT that amounted to nothing should have been runs and Vareen was breaking them off seemingly every carry. Maybe they knew he was hurt and didnt want him to do too much but he caught the ball alot(bad wrist?) Just a wierd game. Maybe we had a lot of plays on offense, but any way you slice it, 52 is bad. Esp in week 1. Brady is gonna be on injury report early this year. Im just tired of hearing about how talented the backfield is. We had many threads in offseason talking about smashmouth and I kept saying, The 2013 Patriots will once again look to outscore opponents with a passing attack. I didnt think they would force it though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

How is everyone injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Football players are P U & & ? E S. hockey is still the best sport

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

We sure have been hit with hammy and groins - I really don't understand it with the young guys. they should always be stretched out.

I think the we will see more run anyway - they just resigned Mulligan, Ridley will get another chance and he can run. Bolden (can he do like a Vereen?) and Blount will all play. I wonder if we see more Cannon.

Active healthy wrs' Endleman, Boyce , KT, Slater. Unhealthy Amendola,Dobson.               With 3 rookies there was always going to be a game with muliple rookies in the game at the same time. If not now against the jests , then when?

Boyce can play slot which is the easiest route running receiver position.

If Dobson runs a few medium routes i will be fine

The jests will try to play man and disguise coverage on TB.  If you think about it - TB has always picked on the other teams safeties. TB is best against zone.

There Dline is the best part of their D.

They have 2 ok lbs - one being nicked up. and 2 going over the hill.

The jests safeties are average.   After this game we can have a good conversation on who has better safeties. lol

1 cb is pretty good and the other rookie has not shown much.- and no depth in Wilson - he is not Arrington in any stretch of the imagination.- 

In NYT land here ( and greenie on M&M) there is still no respect for the Pats D.  Greenie seems to think the jests skill position players on O are better than what the Pats will put out tomorrow - even said if TB puts up 40 he will say TB is the greatest - but then he took it back by saying if the jests didn't turn it over - what a tool !

Of course the jests do not have Spiller, freddi jackson,  a Johnson  or even the USC kid on the team.         I bet BB stuffs the run and dares Smith to beat him with his arm with almsot no one to throw to. Right now we would be happy if we had  Winslow - and btw he only has the best things to say about the Pats.

The feeling here is that the jests have a good chance to upset the Pats. there is some history in Game 2's against the jests with the jests winning. There is no swagger left in Rex

I don't go by Vegas point spreads anymore concerning the Pats - its all about getting bettors. With the Pats name and the no vote confidence in Rex and the Sanchise and rookie qb- it just doesn't matter the point spread.

At the same time - Does the Offense turn the ball over - If they don't I don't see the Pats losing. if the pats get it going - the jests may break down.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We sure have been hit with hammy and groins - I really don't understand it with the young guys. they should always be stretched out.

Not that I should compare myself to these guys.. but...I always stretch and get lose before I play basketball.  And I always leave the court with something pulled to be honest.  Not that I can't play anymore or the next day but def.. not 100%.. shyt happens. 

When these guys sprint to 100% capacity, nothing can make sure they don't pull up lame. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not that I should compare myself to these guys.. but...I always stretch and get lose before I play basketball.  And I always leave the court with something pulled to be honest.  Not that I can't play anymore or the next day but def.. not 100%.. shyt happens. 

When these guys sprint to 100% capacity, nothing can make sure they don't pull up lame. 

I've been reading a lot of articles in the health sections about how stretching doesn't really do anything for you as far as injury avoidance is concerned. But it does lessen the severity of the injury. Not sure I believe it but the main study came from one of the big Sports Medicine schools in the midwest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well - Im not an  expert either. but when i played basketball i never had a hammy or a groin. but then again . i wasnt that fast - lol

Maybe its becasue their muscles are so big taht the strain is too much?

I don't always belive conventional wisdomn. i am open minded on the finding  but i am not yet there on that new stretching theory

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Getzo, you and me both! I just turned 36, I still play competively and coach. Ive been playing 4 years now since my surgey and I stretch out my calfs every time I play but still cramp up after 4 to 5 games,but I still play hard and I think its more to do with my age. I look at NBA players retiring where I am but Im gonna go till I cant anymore.

Seawolf, Brady always sais he never pulls any muscles cuz he doesnt have any. Maybe its true...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

the otehr thing in this post was the number of shot gun snaps taht were not good -

i had said that on another post and i didn't ahve any tape

maybe i have a career as a paid football analyst - lol lol lol

pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Getzo, you and me both! I just turned 36, I still play competively and coach. Ive been playing 4 years now since my surgey and I stretch out my calfs every time I play but still cramp up after 4 to 5 games,but I still play hard and I think its more to do with my age. I look at NBA players retiring where I am but Im gonna go till I cant anymore.

Seawolf, Brady always sais he never pulls any muscles cuz he doesnt have any. Maybe its true...lol

DUDE that is the exact muscle the gets me everytime, and it seems to strick on my lay-ups!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've been reading a lot of articles in the health sections about how stretching doesn't really do anything for you as far as injury avoidance is concerned. But it does lessen the severity of the injury. Not sure I believe it but the main study came from one of the big Sports Medicine schools in the midwest.

[/QUOTE]

Right, just taking it easy and warming up really is the same as stretching IMO, but it doesn't hurt to stretch it out before hand.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

GetzoGetzo and Og. You are old compared to these kids lol and I am ancient lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If his hammy is actually ready, put him in for a few snaps, especially on third and long situations.  If they single cover Dobson deep, throw him a couple of bombs.  Worst case #1, unlikely with Dobson because he uses his height when he becomes the defender, the cornerback catches it and the defense doesn't get more than a punt.  Medium case, incomplete and the Patriots probably would have punted anyway.  Best case, Dobson's height and ability to box out wins downfield. 

One or two successful long passes pushes double coverage way back, well away from the line of scrimmage.  That's one less defender up front.