Dobson's status for Thursday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Dobson's status for Thursday?

Has anybody heard anything about how likely Dobson is to play on Thursday?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Dobson's status for Thursday?

he may be forced to play depending on Amendolas situation...but assuming health with every WR, if the Pats go with 4 active on game day, Dobson does not make the cut (yet)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Has anybody heard anything about how likely Dobson is to play on Thursday?

Probable, Hammies are tricky.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I wouldnt expect much anytime soon from him. With our thin corps they arent gonna rush him back and last I saw him he needed more work. Seriously we all got duped in preseason. Once teams gameplan its much harder and seeing as Dobson was behind KT all season and KT just ate some humble pie, I dont see why the rush for fans to see him. I dont think he is ready and the fact he is slower, taller than KT, I think he has a harder time getting seperation. I would ease him back at this point. May we see Quentim Sims activated? Is he on our p/s?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I wouldnt expect much anytime soon from him. With our thin corps they arent gonna rush him back and last I saw him he needed more work. Seriously we all got duped in preseason. Once teams gameplan its much harder and seeing as Dobson was behind KT all season and KT just ate some humble pie, I dont see why the rush for fans to see him. I dont think he is ready and the fact he is slower, taller than KT, I think he has a harder time getting seperation. I would ease him back at this point. May we see Quentim Sims activated? Is he on our p/s?

1.) We want to see him because he was the first guy on offense drafted. His measurable are also quite impressive and he reminds a lot of people certain 23 TD receiving WR we once had.

2.)    He's actually faster than Thompkins since he ran a 4.42 to Thompkins' 4.55. Thompkins is certainly quicker,  but Dobson has better hands, verticals and height for the redzone.

3.) when a WR is raw, game time is the best time for a raw WR to get better. Not on the sideline.

4.) Sims is on the PS, but why are you rating two undrafted higher than the 2nd round pick? The two UDRFA went UD for a reason, Sims beat the Giants #4s. Terence Nunn used to beat the Giants number 4 too and you guys loved him and wanted him on the team. The Buccs picked him up, I think he's out the league now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

1.) We want to see him because he was the first guy on offense drafted. His measurable are also quite impressive and he reminds a lot of people certain 23 TD receiving WR we once had.

If you wanna compare him to Randy who ran a 4.3 in his sleep and was would have been the # 1 overall pick if  not for off field questions, fine, but I aint gonna put pressure on the kid,.

2.)    He's actually faster than Thompkins since he ran a 4.42 to Thompkins' 4.55. Thompkins is certainly quicker,  but Dobson has better hands, verticals and height for the redzone.

I had this same convo with Wozzy. I dont know WHY people put so much stock into pro days. Tell me about combine. Oh I can talk Chad Jackson who ran a 4.3! There is game speed and timed speed. KT is faster on the field. Nuff said. Madden ratings done by experts after preseason say KT is 91 speed. Boyce - 93 and Dobson - 87. Seems they agree with me.

3.) when a WR is raw, game time is the best time for a raw WR to get better. Not on the sideline.

Im not saying he shouldnt be playing and getting better, Im saying if he has a hammy, you need to let him rest. What good is he is if he goes out and re injures trying to run fast and impress you?

4.) Sims is on the PS, but why are you rating two undrafted higher than the 2nd round pick? The two UDRFA went UD for a reason, Sims beat the Giants #4s. Terence Nunn used to beat the Giants number 4 too and you guys loved him and wanted him on the team. The Buccs picked him up, I think he's out the league now.

Im rating them based on the depth chart in training camp that had KT as the # 1 and Dobson somewhere behind AMendola and Edleman. Hear me out, I am not in love w/Sims. I never even mentioned him this preseason. I am just looking at bodies to play on a short week since Dobson is on the report.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sadly I didn't get dupped, though at this point I wish I did. I was concerned about the rooks being able to perform out of the gate and Amendola staying healthy over the course of the season (honestly didn't think it would be this early in the season he might miss a game). The depth at WR without a durable vet was really concerning to me and this 4 day turn over was my biggest fear. Lets hope it clicks with the rooks soon and that Gronk gets back because after the Jets and TB we have some real tough games coming up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Lets hope so, hamstring injuries can stick around for a whole season, sometimes longer. He and gronk are both needed to get this offense moving. My concern is the same as most everyone else in that the receivers are injury prone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Sadly I didn't get dupped, though at this point I wish I did. I was concerned about the rooks being able to perform out of the gate and Amendola staying healthy over the course of the season (honestly didn't think it would be this early in the season he might miss a game). The depth at WR without a durable vet was really concerning to me and this 4 day turn over was my biggest fear. Lets hope it clicks with the rooks soon and that Gronk gets back because after the Jets and TB we have some real tough games coming up.

Yea I was concerned too, but I was in the mindset that our running game would carry us early on. 1 game in and 52 pass attempts later I guess I was duped on THAT theory. We have to establish some sort of run vs the Jets and keep Rexy from going all out on Brady. I would like to see Blount get some carries too. He fumbles as well but the less touches for each he and ridley lessens the chance at fumbling, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Yea I was concerned too, but I was in the mindset that our running game would carry us early on. 1 game in and 52 pass attempts later I guess I was duped on THAT theory. We have to establish some sort of run vs the Jets and keep Rexy from going all out on Brady. I would like to see Blount get some carries too. He fumbles as well but the less touches for each he and ridley lessens the chance at fumbling, no?

I wouldn't give up on the run game yet , i think the running game was pretty good against Buff. I know they threw much more than they ran but they did run 35 times for almost 160 4.5yds a carry... that is pretty good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

If you wanna compare him to Randy who ran a 4.3 in his sleep and was would have been the # 1 overall pick if  not for off field questions, fine, but I aint gonna put pressure on the kid,.

I had this same convo with Wozzy. I dont know WHY people put so much stock into pro days. Tell me about combine. Oh I can talk Chad Jackson who ran a 4.3! There is game speed and timed speed. KT is faster on the field. Nuff said. Madden ratings done by experts after preseason say KT is 91 speed. Boyce - 93 and Dobson - 87. Seems they agree with me.

Im not saying he shouldnt be playing and getting better, Im saying if he has a hammy, you need to let him rest. What good is he is if he goes out and re injures trying to run fast and impress you?

Im rating them based on the depth chart in training camp that had KT as the # 1 and Dobson somewhere behind AMendola and Edleman. Hear me out, I am not in love w/Sims. I never even mentioned him this preseason. I am just looking at bodies to play on a short week since Dobson is on the report.

[/QUOTE]

1.) I dont think i compared him to Moss, I said he reminds people of Moss due to height and schooling mostly.

2.) Kenbrell isnt faster than Dobson, I dont care what Madden says. Madden gave Brandon Lloyd a 90 speed last year and we all know Lloyd isnt a 90. Madden sucks, EA needs to lose the license so 2K can make games again.

3.) I never said i want him to rush back, I want him to take his time.  This is the time of the schedule that Dobson should sit. Once we come back from the BYE is when the schedule gets playoff quality. That's when I want Dobson, Vareen, Gronk and Armstead playing most.

4.) He's not ready. Boyce, Edelman, Danny The Manny and Thompkins will do if Dobson cant go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Sims is on the PS but AJ Francis just got signed to it today and Sims wasn't seen at practice soo...hope he didn't get released.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

1.) I dont think i compared him to Moss, I said he reminds people of Moss due to height and schooling mostly.

2.) Kenbrell isnt faster than Dobson, I dont care what Madden says. Madden gave Brandon Lloyd a 90 speed last year and we all know Lloyd isnt a 90. Madden sucks, EA needs to lose the license so 2K can make games again.

3.) I never said i want him to rush back, I want him to take his time.  This is the time of the schedule that Dobson should sit. Once we come back from the BYE is when the schedule gets playoff quality. That's when I want Dobson, Vareen, Gronk and Armstead playing most.

4.) He's not ready. Boyce, Edelman, Danny The Manny and Thompkins will do if Dobson cant go.

Thats Cool Bro. I can agree with 1,3 and 4  but we will have to agree to disagree on # 2. Everytime I have saw these 2 on the field, KT has looked faster. Now I will grant maybe he timed out faster but if its the same pro day #'s that Wozzy posted. I will ask you to find Any skill position guy who ran a slow 40 at their pro day. Its a joke. Guys run slow at combine and then get a month later are always atleast a second fasters on their schools track. Let me find KTs pro day.

edit: I went and checked both pro days. Here is what I found. They do 3 40 yard dashes a and time each one. They take the average of the 3 times so they dont go buy ones person clock.

Dobson ran a 4.35, a 4.43 and 4.57

KT ran a 4.40 , 4.46, and 4.59. 

So to me, it looks like 4.35 was his fastest time according to ONE persons clock(maybe his college coach ;) and 2 others #'s that are more likely what he really runs. So they both were clocked as slow as 4.57 and 4.59. At the end of the day I really dont care about #s. Just wanted to point how u can skew numbers and you all are taking his best Pro day time. If he can run by defenders at this level, I care not what he runs. So far he hasnt looked fast and hasnt ran by anyone. Atleast we have seen KT look fast and get over the top of defense a few times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Just to be clear, I'm not hoping they rush him back or anything. I was just wondering if anyone has heard more news on his status because I have not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

RT @Nick_Underhill: Dobson told me he expects to play

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If Amendola does not play  . . .  then Dobson will dress for this game . . . Edelman in the slot and Thompkins will be his backup.  Thompkins starts as the wideout with Boyce as his backup.  Sims has been cut from the practice squad and there is no wide receivers on the PS.  Dobson becomes the 3rd backup at the wideout and Boyce is 3rd in the slot.   The big question is who replaces Vereen out of the backfield as a receiver . . . Washington . . . Bolton . . . Blount .  .  .  Ridley may be a not-go with that shoulder and it deep in BB's dog house.  I see Bill using Bolton/Blount in a big running attack (why else would they have picked up another TE today) and Washington being the 3rd down back and we need him returning kickoffs!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

RT @Nick_Underhill: Dobson told me he expects to play

I hope so.  He has the most upside out of the new WR group.

19. This post has been removed.