Does anyone Else Feel this way about Next Season??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Does anyone Else Feel this way about Next Season??

You're both right...no, really. The real season starts in January, and they have to change who they are and what they've been doing as players and coaches. But, yes, the team/ownership needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves what they're willing to do and to sacrifice to win in January/February. I'm not worried about Tom Brady, he's already showed what he'll sacrifice. Somehow, the defense in particular needs to get that edge again that Teddy and company all had...some will come with experience, but at some point a third year Patrick Chung just has to flatten LT and get in his face; Crumpler has to flatten Bart Scott a lot, hopefully into a concussed state; yes, the Patriots need a physical revenge on the Jets; winning in the regular season is not enough to win in the second season; there has to be something more, we've seen that with and early decade version of the Patriots defense but not with this version. That's how I see it. They need some key talent and the right veteran or two would help in addition to the draft; but they need to look inside their heart and find both light and darkness...and then let it rip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

So the question is which January does next season start in? I agree with this one. This team was close to being great, much closer than I thought they would be. I hope that Bill doesn't push too many picks into next year. With the early picks that they have, they could really solidify this team for years to come.
     I aree that we need some players with a mean streak. The 2011 Pats look too much like the colts for my taste (including the early playoff exit). I'd like to see a little more of the attitude that the defenses of the other top AFC teams have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Right now I'm concerned that the Pats get in a great state for a season that may not even be played, negating everything.  Or the Pats, like the Red Sox this year, look great on paper but injuries doom them.

That's why the losses in 2007 (once in a lifetime opportunity, especially when Brady gets hurt next year) and this year (would have probably beaten Pitt and strong chance to win SB) are frustrating as these chances won't keep coming

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I disagree pats aren't chokers, somebody got to win or loose.
    06 - Lost cauz of the lack of superstar reciever
    07 - Lost cauz of a miracle play.
    09 - We sucked plain and simple, our D sucked.
    10 - OC, WR, TB weren't able to figure out how to beat jets and Jets prob played the best game of their year, that was their superbowl.

You are overreacting. 
    We should've won superbowl this year but we never were really that good TB was just plain and simple flawless in regular reason but he was covering up lot of stuff for us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone Else Feel this way about Next Season??:
    [QUOTE]I disagree......Pats season starts now.......... this team needs to take a long look at itself...needs to question it's toughness. Needs to draft players with talent and toughness......pickup FA's with that attitude....go into pre-season with an attitude of toughness....finally approach the season and playoff hopes with that attitude. This team had the talent this year.....but the swagger/attitude was lacking.....not across the board but with certain individuals.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Pats have a deserved, and growing reputation around the league, for being "soft". That needs to drastically change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Thank you, Patriots: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/01/would_jets_linebacker_bart_sco.html

Because of your cowardly, pathetic performance last week, we are subjected to the likes of Bart Scott.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot of good posts on this thread. I believe next year will end like this year, if there is not some changes. If we don't get an impact player in the front seven of the D it will look a lot like this year. If we have to rely on Brady every single game, we won't go far, just like last year, this year, the year before and probably next year. The "Formula" we have for success is a mirage, it's not hat we are successfull because of smart spending, it's because of Brady and if Brady is off, we are done. Yeah we are young, but are we good? I think Spikes, McCourty, Cunningham, Chung are all going to be solid, we need more than solid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I disagree.  For me at least, every season is about each game in that season.  I don't watch football just for the play-offs but for the play. The play-offs are a bonus for your team's good play.  Of course I want them to make the play-offs and to do well but each season is its own story and each game is a chapter.  To be only interested in the play-offs is short sighted IMO. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Let the panic begin!

Just like the start of the season this year when everyone wanted to fire BB. 

It's a young team. It's darn near impossible to win in the playoffs with a young team inexperienced team. Impact draft player or not. That's not going to change this. 

This team is a lot like the team that was starting to emerge when BB first took over. It's the first full rebuild of this team. That rebuild that BB walked in to started even before him. The team was loaded with young unchallenged talent, that wasn't winning the big game. 

It came together. The main ingredient is going to be time. It will pull together and the Pats will have their championship defense. They need a couple more impact players but most importantly they need to see the rooks and 2nd years rise to veteran players who have the leadership and set the examples. 

Everyone's disappointed, but you don't retool a team in 2 years and win a superbowl. It doesn't happen. They are officially going into year 3 of the retool. By year 4 or 5, that's when we'd better get results :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FebruaryGirl. Show FebruaryGirl's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone Else Feel this way about Next Season??:
    [QUOTE]Let the panic begin! Just like the start of the season this year when everyone wanted to fire BB.  It's a young team. It's darn near impossible to win in the playoffs with a young team inexperienced team. Impact draft player or not. That's not going to change this.  This team is a lot like the team that was starting to emerge when BB first took over. It's the first full rebuild of this team. That rebuild that BB walked in to started even before him. The team was loaded with young unchallenged talent, that wasn't winning the big game.  It came together. The main ingredient is going to be time. It will pull together and the Pats will have their championship defense. They need a couple more impact players but most importantly they need to see the rooks and 2nd years rise to veteran players who have the leadership and set the examples.  Everyone's disappointed, but you don't retool a team in 2 years and win a superbowl. It doesn't happen. They are officially going into year 3 of the retool. By year 4 or 5, that's when we'd better get results :)
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU, MACRAWN!