Does anyone here agree that Aqib Talib has made a difference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Does anyone here agree that Aqib Talib has made a difference?

With his inclussion to the secondary the Patriots finally have a shutdown corner which allows the other members of the secondary the freedom to make plays,if you look at the play of Gregory the last two weeks you can see what impact a good CB can make on a defense...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: Does anyone here agree that Aqib Talib has made a difference?

I agree with both the comments above. Talib has added a key missing piece to our defense. More tests coming up but I am very happy so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

T.S.T.T.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Neal his approach says it all there are only 8 known defensive disciplines of a DB and he's played each one. His ability to play the ball effectively is showing the other DB's what they can do without giving up the big play,I've noticed that two players in particular have upped their games since Aqib's arrival Dennard and Gregory have become more aggressive and ballhawking in their coverages.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Let's see what happens when they play houston and sf

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I believe SF has the #1 D in the league. Giving up the fewest points per game. I don't think Houston is very far behind them. Both will be very tough games.

Every year there are a few teams that have a horse shoe up thier you know what. This year Houston is one of those teams. So a pretty good team, catching good breaks, is always hard to take down. IMHO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

After 1 game????

REALLY???????

Let's ask this question after the end of the regular season, when the pool of games to judge his contributions is available. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After 1 game????

REALLY???????

Let's ask this question after the end of the regular season, when the pool of games to judge his contributions is available. 

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it has been 2 games. Still early, but a bigger sample than 1 game...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

His sample size is 4 years! He has played 2 games in NE. He's a legitimate CB not some Johnny come lately. He ha more defensed passes than McCourty had in 9 weeks than he had in 4,not to count his tackling YAC which is amongst the best in the game. You are right in waiting for the total results,but from where I sit he is changing the secondary's philosophy,from bend don't break to take the game to the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lets see how talib, SF and the texans play in the snow.  none of them play in the cold.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets see how talib, SF and the texans play in the snow.  none of them play in the cold.  

[/QUOTE]You are assuming they will all get a chance too play in a snow game. As of yet it hasn't snowed much in New England and that's the only place left for the Patriots to see snow!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's see what happens when they play houston and sf

[/QUOTE]Houston's game is based upon grinding it out and keeping the ball from it's opponents and their secondary makes the Patriots secondary look like it's a star studded secondary!!!! As for their running game they would be trying to run against what appears to be a fairly stout Patriots run defense. Please name the last rookie QB that beat a BB coached team?Though Kaepernick is technically a 2nd year player this is his first year as a starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I think a pick six in his first game brings hope to all of us.  I did notice when a reciever did make a catch he was right their to tackle them even if it wasn't his guy making the catch.  How many turnover have we had in the last two weeks, 6 or 7?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want to say yes to this question but we need more sampling.  2 games isn't enough and the Jets where just a mess so that game really shouldn't count.  I think the Pats defense would have had the same type of game against the Jets without Talib.  A few passes got past Aqib against the Colt but he did have some pretty darn good coverage on those passes, they were just picture perfect passes.

I think having Talib so that DMC can play safety is huge and will be a big change for the better in the defense so no matter what, Talib was a good signing by the Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are assuming they will all get a chance too play in a snow game. As of yet it hasn't snowed much in New England and that's the only place left for the Patriots to see snow!

[/QUOTE]

Everyone we have left are warm weather teams.  Even if it doesn't snow it will still be cold  I'm betting that after the fins game the real winter hits.   That could turn out to be a big advantage. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Let's face it. It wasn't really hard to improve the secondary w/ the players we had on the roster. 

Shutdown CB? Too early to tell, but I hope so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A little early to really assess but from what I've seen I'm optimistic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So far, YES!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Talib has absolutely made a difference. The fact he was on the team for what, 2 weeks and earned  starting spot speaks for itself. Although I think it says alot about the state of the secondary beforehand. Also you have to look at how he ran the pick six (allowing his teammates to set up a wall to help him get to the endzone) to see his level of on the field accumen. If I'm not mistaken the Jets didn't even try throwing his way once all game and that also says alot.

I'm not saying his presence has put our secondary at world class level but it has certainly made a difference in a postive way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think the people who want to see more are saying that because when they look at the stat sheet, they see Sanchez with a 300 yarder, but Sanchez added 100 yards in the 4th and about 80 yards of that came from the prevent defense with the back ups.