Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???

He has been in the system for 2 years now, he should have the classroom work done.  Do you think he will ever add anything to this team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???

Honestly no. He wasn't that highly regarded coming out of the draft that year and the pats probably reached a bit for him and probably wished they didn't. He hasn't played in two years, which is never a good thing even if you know what it takes to play in the NFL. His legs look like sticks, I can't imagine him holding his ground against NFL tackles. If I remember he didn't exactly have impressive sack totals in college, so I think his time here is coming to an end, probably in the form of an injury settlement in training camp after the wind blows too hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Crable will contribute.  Crable says,"would u like fries with that?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

He hasn't played in two years, which is never a good thing even if you know what it takes to play in the NFL. His legs look like sticks, I can't imagine him holding his ground against NFL tackles.

This is what concerns me...being out of the game for a few years, without having even played at the NFL level.  This type of example is exactly why I didn't mind seeing the Pats grab the #1 punter with the 5th (round) pick.  A regular improvement in feild position in exchange for another middle-rounder who does/can not play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

If Crable contributes this year.....

That would be like putting on an old jacket and finding $100 in the pocket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i honestly think he will play for us, he didn't have an injury problem in college and was a hell of a OLB, he had quite a few sacks but where he really excelled was forcing the opposing QB to get rid of the ball. He was a great athlete who demanded attention from the offensive coordinator. (I am a former Ohio State student who watched him pretty much weekly terrorize opposing QB's. As much as it pains me to say it he was a beast in college and hopefully some of that translates into his time with the Patriots.) I think he will play this season and surprise quite a few of us.  After all if Belichick didn't have faith in him why would he keep him on the roster and payroll? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he will be cut during camp...and i for one cant wait. i'm so sick of people on this board still talking about him as a possible contributer. or as the next jason taylor (look at threads from this time last year). good riddance to a bad draft pick!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Nope.

BB was asked how Spikes would fit in the Pats LB roster in a Herald piece; he listed every LB on the roster in one answer .... except one.  Guess who? Yup, Crable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Can't rule out anything, but I have to give it a slim chance.  Although he's been learning the system for 2 years, he's also been out of football for 2 years.  I would think there has to be a loss of skills there.  I hope I eat crow on this one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???:
    If Crable contributes this year..... That would be like putting on an old jacket and finding $100 in the pocket.
    Posted by RealtyPats

I did that once though it was a $50.  As for Crable... I think he may be depth and special teamer but to expect more then that is crazy. Would be nice if it happened though. It is this year or bust though for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I really want him to succeed, and as a Michigan fan I have witnessed his talent. He has all the ability in the world. That said, I have a feeling he might be let go. Then again, he could be like Troy Brown and prove us all wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i think BB is gonna give him one more shot(what can it hurt, third times a charm right) in the preason. If he can Really show something impressive in the preseason, but if not or he gets jurt again for the year , i think he is out the door

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Crable is ready,and if he can remain healthy, he will begin his career as a Patriot....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Neither Crable or Cunningham were highly rated comming out of college.  But both were the TALLEST OLB's on the board.  Woods is at a similar height.

For whatever reason, BB places an unussually high emphasis on height for OLBs. 

Looking at the Pats roster, there is currently 9 DTs (including Gerad Warren and the rookies) but only 2 DEs (T Warren and Wright).  I guess M Pryor or Daryll Richard could be counted as a DE but this is clearly an area the Pats are not yet finished with in the off-season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Neither Crable or Cunningham were highly rated comming out of college.  But both were the TALLEST OLB's on the board.  Woods is at a similar height. For whatever reason, BB places an unussually high emphasis on height for OLBs.  Looking at the Pats roster, there is currently 9 DTs (including Gerad Warren and the rookies) but only 2 DEs (T Warren and Wright).  I guess M Pryor or Daryll Richard could be counted as a DE but this is clearly an area the Pats are not yet finished with in the off-season.
    Posted by bobomul

traditional 4-3 DTs play DE in the 3-4 if they are tall enough

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Nope. It would've happened already. You don't get put on IR for bruised shins two years in a row. He's either too big of a wuss to play in the NFL or doesn't have the commitment level or attitude needed. I read one interview where he said 'This year I'm going all out'. That's awesome Shawn, start trying this year. I wanted BB to cut him after he said that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???:
    He has been in the system for 2 years now, he should have the classroom work done.  Do you think he will ever add anything to this team?
    Posted by emilycuba33

if the guy could stay healthy he has a shot to play a role with this team.  At draft time he reminded me of larmar woodley also from michigan who I thought the patriots were trading up for when they picked chad jackson.

But injuries and time away take their toll.  The athletic skills were there on draft day to be a solid player, but who knows now.  Time will tell. 

maybe he turns out to be like mike sims walker a guy that gets over his injuries and realizes his potential.  hope for the best

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Both Crable and Thomas will start the 2010 Football year in Patriot uniforms. 

No way Belichick lets Thomas go, as annoying as it was, all that whining Thomas did showed that he wanted to be a Patriot. He wanted to get after the QB. You can hate him, I do too, but he is also the best pass-rusher, cover, and the most versatile LB on the roster. He's not going anywhere. 

On Crable, come on, the guy has missed two seasons due to "shin" injuries. The only reason you keep something that fragile around is if you think it has serious value in the future. Crable was a freak in college, but like Tebow, he has to prove he can be a freak in the NFL. And I, for one, look forward to it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Why not give him one last shot to prove if he can stay healthy and contribute? If not then part ways with him but might as well give it one last go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Two years out with injury as a rookie = He is done!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

have you paid attention to anything the pats have said or done this offseason?? its all about character and locker room chemistry and fixing the dynamic that went wrong last year. meanwhile they resign almost every single player, but have had zero contact with AD or his agents. they are usually on total lockdown when it comes to any drop of info but they have let it be widely known that AD was considered the problem last season. they have also made it clear that they dont think he's a good pass rusher. oh and BB has mentioned all the LB's on the depth chart a few times over the past few days with the exception of two names: thomas and crable. once the rookies start to sign and the team needs to cut down players to stay under 80, these are the first two out the door.

i mean seriously dude, how could you possibly think that AD will be on this team next year? its just so totally absurd, especially from someone like you who appears to follow the pats on a daily basis and posts on here all the time. i dont mean to trash you but its kind of an embarrassing statement you just made about these players. time to get with it. and calling crable a freak in college? he was a semi freak at the combine, thats it. he was a huge recruit coming out of high school and was an overall disappointment as a college player, aside from a few decent games as a senior. but to compair him to TEBOW???? come on! thats like compairing osi umenyura to lawrence taylor. you would never do that, right? never ever?? because that would be some comparison.

Both Crable and Thomas will start the 2010 Football year in Patriot uniforms.  No way Belichick lets Thomas go, as annoying as it was, all that whining Thomas did showed that he wanted to be a Patriot. He wanted to get after the QB. You can hate him, I do too, but he is also the best pass-rusher, cover, and the most versatile LB on the roster. He's not going anywhere.  On Crable, come on, the guy has missed two seasons due to "shin" injuries. The only reason you keep something that fragile around is if you think it has serious value in the future. Crable was a freak in college, but like Tebow, he has to prove he can be a freak in the NFL. And I, for one, look forward to it. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

He will get his shot in the mini-camp and preseason to prove himself.  If BB thought he was done already they would have cut him (maybe they still will before camp.

I think he gets one last shot, but with all the LB's on the roster now, he really needs to show something to stick around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Posted by emilycuba33

Since it is in his best interest to actually get on the field, as in money. One would think that he will be there. Myself, I am skeptical. He has two options, play NFL football, or become a bouncer in a girly bar. He may go for the latter. What will be the IR complaint this time? A hang nail? Someone needs to tell the lad, Potential and $3.00 will get you a Big Mac and Fries at McDonalds. The hour glass is running out of sand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by emilycuba33

Even though he's been with the Patriots for 2 years, he's been injured. This is a crucial pre-season for him - either he makes progress or he's out. Plus, he has ZERO pro experience.