Does anyone think the PI call at the end was BS?????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Does anyone think the PI call at the end was BS?????

In the history of Patriot football (I think that is 2001 - present)  there has never been a call that has gone for the Pats that was not a good call.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

PatsGetScrewed:  What team are you a disgruntled fan of?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PatsGetScrewed:  What team are you a disgruntled fan of?

[/QUOTE]

i think he is meadowlandmike

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

You sound angry.  I can't really relate to your impotent rage, because I was able to enjoy three awesome Pats Super Bowl wins. 

Each one was sweeter than the last.  Great times.  

You should become a Pats fan, then you wouldn't have to rage-troll message boards. 

Just a thought!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"In the history of Patriot football (I think that is 2001 - present)  there has never been a call that has gone for the Pats that was not a good call.  "

It's pathetic the way you stereotype other fans. 

In fact that was a terrible PI call. The Pats were the beneficiaries of a couple of very questionable calls towards the end of that game.I wasn't happy about it, I don't want to win that way. 

That said, there was a different between those calls and a couple we have been railing about from earlier in the year: the other team had a chance to respond and they did. Cleveland could have won that game, their kicker just about pulled it off. 

The worst bad calls are those that end the game - last play of the game or thereabouts. I don't like to see those called on either team. We've had at least one, if not two of those this season. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

No is was not!  The back never looked for the ball, the Cleve back did nothing else but ru up onto the Patriots receiver.  Actually, I think the call should have been made prior to the end-zone but who cares anyway!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I almost think that the officials try to compensate for blown calls in a game.  I don't care if it was bogus or very questionable.  What about some late hits on Brady that weren't called?  What about a game we lost where there was absolutely PI that wasn't called?  By the end of the year each team probably has as many calls bogusly called against them as called for them.  We moan and groan as they happen, but it probably all balances out by the end of the year.

No team doesn't both benefit from, and get penalized from blown calls throughout the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It was a bad call.  If it had happened to NE I would have been livid.  At most it was defensive holding.  Certainly not PI.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It was a partial makeup for some blown calls on us earlier in the game.  We got a bone thrown our way after havng a few taken away.  Was it complete BS?  No.  Did it need to be called?  No.  It was a soft PI, and I'm of the mind that soft PI's should be allowed to be played through. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In real time from refs view it looked worse then it was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a bad call.  If it had happened to NE I would have been livid.  At most it was defensive holding.  Certainly not PI.

[/QUOTE]

PCM reppin objectivity.  My Man.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

same thought here but then i thought back to the jets phantom call, and the Carolina no call and said "whatever bout f%cking time"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Bad call.  Bad calls are part of the game.  We have had our share against us.  Justice served. Best team won. Team sho should have won did win.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

obvious PI

Here's the rule....

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. 

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

>>>(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch. 

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

>>> (c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. 

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the rule....

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. 

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

>>>(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch. 

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

>>> (c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. 

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

so are you defending the call or not?