Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...

In Response to Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...:
    [QUOTE]They had Manning in the grasp. I thought they were going to sack him and then....... They had him they had him, they had him. Could they have been blown a whistle, in the grasp?
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

One referee said he had made his mind up to blow the whistle, then didn't. It was just a poor effort all the way around by the officiating crew.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

F***ing Asante was manned up on Tyree, where the F*** was he?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Should have been incomplete. The ball hits the ground helping him maintain posession, it pushed it back into his hands. He certainly did not have full possession prior to this, it was loose on the way down. At least thats the way I see it...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...:
    [QUOTE]I forget was that under 2 minutes? At the very least, it should have been reviewed. I don't think that's outlandish.  I always wondered what a still frame of that would have looked like. When it happened, I sort of chuckled and then realized there is no way NE was winning the game after such a lucky play like that. I give Tyree a ton of credit, but the luck element is comical, too.  We'll never see such a ridiculous circus catch in a situation like that in a SB ever again. Eli Manning lives off of this whole play and he didn't do anything but do what any one of us did in the backyard in desperation playing football on the weekends. That's sports in a nutshell and why people watch sports.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

I chuckled a little as well, looked over to my girlfriend at the time and said "We're gonna lose this game."  When something like that happens, you know it's destiny.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Or I am looking for the yellow flags flying on the two to three holds going on during that play. I also see the game clock started and stopped according to the rules and the giants not get and extra 80 seconds on te drive. But hey that is the past and lest hope we have better momories this year.

Go Pats!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I gotta ask..doesn't the ball hit the ground and how is holding the ball against your helmet considered controlled.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]i still can't bare myself to watch any highlight or even dare look at such photos from super bowl xlii. still pains me. 
    Posted by lexlib[/QUOTE]

Yeah, best not to "bare" yourself while watching any highlight. But it is a hard one to bear, I agree. Think it's worse than the Buckner fiasco, mostly because it was so completely lucky, and so completely HOLDING on the Gints Oline!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Protect the Quarterback,  Protect the Quarterback etc. etc.  Firstly there was blatant holding by the Giants but as so many games are decided by the whims of referees, we got screwed as they should have blown the whistle and stated "he was in the grasp".
    Regarding referees deciding a game, I am a 49er fan too having lived in SF for over 40 years but my roots are Maine so a Boston team fan first.

As opposed to Manning, a quarterback, not being called for being in the grasp, a running back still visibly upright(I was at the game and have seen many films) was called "forward progress stopped"---hogwash !!!

Call me sour grapes but with the score tied with about 2 minutes to go there was an uncalled fumble by Giants’ Ahmad Bradshaw as he was artfully stripped of the ball while still upright.   The officials declined to review the play and refused to let coach Jim Harbaugh challenge the call because a forward progress judgment cannot be overturned by replay.  SF would have had the ball on the NY 20 yard line and could have milked the clock to score a TD or kick a field goal and even if there was time left, NY would have used all its timeouts.

There were previous plays where two 49er defenders collided and prevented themselves from interceptions on 2 occasions. But if the fumble had been allowed, there would not have been the fluke nicking the knee of the receiver giving the ball to NY on the 20 yard line resulting in a TD and then there wouldn't have been the fumble on the kickoff in OT giving them a field goal from the 20 yard line. The Giants in the 2nd half kicked some 10 times and Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. Without the 2 fumbles, they did not score.

Tell me the Giants as in the David Tyree highlight with "in the grasp and holding" not called proves the Giants were lucky to beat the Pats in the SB and 49ers a week and a half ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I recently saw a replay of the missed interception by Samuel on tv.  Someone referred to Samuel as Asante Buckner.  Funny and terrible at the same time.  I can't really watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...:
    [QUOTE].... "Maybe he'll drop it this time!!!!"
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

I always think - why did the other dbs slow down and watch the play instead of running full steam ahead and hit the man. He would have dropped that ball with a good hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]I recently saw a replay of the missed interception by Samuel on tv.  Someone referred to Samuel as Asante Buckner.  Funny and terrible at the same time.  I can't really watch.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

NFL channel has been running that crap all week. I cannot bring myself to watch. F*** Strahan!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Why didn't Harrison go after the ball instead of trying to tackle him? 

Sterling Mooreshowed how to do it against the Crows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I just hope that some type of karma comes our way this time around.