Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday?

Its December now, sloppy weather coming, need to establish that running game. We've hung on to this guy all year are we saving him for the December/post season run? Nice time to bring him out against the Jets. Hard to defend what you don't plan for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday?

I'm going to give Taylor a "Rusty his first game back" label. BB will play him as a feature back when he needs tough yards on third and 1.  Benny will get more snaps.  Danny Woodhead deserves a few extra chances against the team that wanted to cut his salary in half while sticking him onto the practice squad.

Good running if Steve Neal is back out in front with Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Alge Crumpler, Gronkowski, Vollmer.  This is an excellent set of blockers and they all pull, so the Jets D-line has to be mobile to stop the run, not just strong as with other teams.  Different skill set.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday?:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to give Taylor a "Rusty his first game back" label. BB will play him as a feature back when he needs tough yards on third and 1.  Benny will get more snaps.  Danny Woodhead deserves a few extra chances against the team that wanted to cut his salary in half while sticking him onto the practice squad. Good running if Steve Neal is back out in front with Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Alge Crumpler, Gronkowski, Vollmer.  This is an excellent set of blockers and they all pull, so the Jets D-line has to be mobile to stop the run, not just strong as with other teams.  Different skill set.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I doubt Neal will be back, paul.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Fred will probably see limited action, got a good thing going right now...sure BJGE didn't do well in the first game but he's gotten more reps & Mankins is back so I wouldn't judge him to harshly on week 2....
    I was actually wondering if Taylor Price might see some action with that 4.2 speed of his...he may be a fly in the ointment the jets won't be ready for....so many things to think about...man I can't believe we have to wait till Monday Night!!!! Probably get the best raitings of the year thus far....

Let all us Patriot fans hopefully enjoy watching the Raiders,Panthers & Vikes lose over the weekend to enhance our 2011 draft picks....(Seattle gets the 4th we get from Denver so that doesn't matter, for getting Branch) If all of that happens & The Patriots win I'd say it would be one heck of a week for us!!!!
    GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not only do I think Fred Taylor will play I think all of those Defensive players who didn't play last week were given the time off to rest up for this game. You might see a new wrinkle at WR as Taylor Price might be unveiled also,speed kills!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I love the enthusiasm, but Taylor Price? Really?

[QUOTE]Fred will probably see limited action, got a good thing going right now...sure BJGE didn't do well in the first game but he's gotten more reps & Mankins is back so I wouldn't judge him to harshly on week 2.... I was actually wondering if Taylor Price might see some action with that 4.2 speed of his...he may be a fly in the ointment the jets won't be ready for....so many things to think about...man I can't believe we have to wait till Monday Night!!!! Probably get the best raitings of the year thus far.... Let all us Patriot fans hopefully enjoy watching the Raiders,Panthers & Vikes lose over the weekend to enhance our 2011 draft picks....(Seattle gets the 4th we get from Denver so that doesn't matter, for getting Branch) If all of that happens & The Patriots win I'd say it would be one heck of a week for us!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

The Jets are in for a storm. We are the Jets kryptonite. Our line, Rob Gronkowski, the short passing game, and even our running game is all going to churn past the Jets on Monday. Super Bowl!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm more concerned with Wilhite. I don't know how much longer this defense can stay competitive using two CBs, and subbing LBers and Safeties for the nickelback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday?:
    [QUOTE]Its December now, sloppy weather coming, need to establish that running game. We've hung on to this guy all year are we saving him for the December/post season run? Nice time to bring him out against the Jets. Hard to defend what you don't plan for.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

well, if it's snowing he might get action. Otherwise, Fragile Fred will only play if Law Firm and Woddy can't go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Taylor ran well in the first half against the Jets last game (he didn't play in the second half--I assume the toe got to him).  I think if he's healthy, they use him because he's better at challenging the edges of the field than BJGE.  BJGE runs well up the middle, but he's not fast enough to turn the corner on outside runs.  Taylor is quicker and has great vision, so he seems to know exactly when and where to turn it upfield when he's running outside.  With the Jets defense so strong, being able to attack it across the field is important, and so if Taylor is healthy, I suspect BB uses him. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see some two-back sets this game if Taylor is healthy.  Establishing the run would be a huge advantage against the Jets.

I agree with zbellino's concern about Wilhite.  I think Mayo and Guyton are okay in pass coverage for LBs, but there is still a mismatch when they're up against slot receivers and teams seem to be exploiting those mismatches.  There are a lot of passes being completed in the underneath zones against our LBs.  In this game the LBs are going to have to respect the run, too, so that may make it even harder for them to cover the underneath zones.  We need a big game from Mayo and Guyton in the middle.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Fred will his return and the good thing will be is the jets will not know with certainty how he will be used. Law Firm is north-south runner and Woody si the little speedster/trickster.

Fred is better than Morris blocking and coming out of the backfield to catch the passes.

I see the Pats using more TE sets on passing routes as well.

I am hopeful the pats defense can stop the run first which means Spikes in the middle and force Sancheez to beat them in the air. The Pats may need Guyton over Spikes if they figure LaDouchebag Tomlinson will need a speedier guy to spy him and also cover him leaving the backfield for passes....

The Pats need to execute well in all 3 phases of the game and not turn the ball over. The past few weeks they have been pretty good, but this time they need a full 60 minute game!

I am also hopeful the defense can continue to force turnovers, but they need to lead to touchdowns and not field goals. I still do nto trust the game to come down to a field goal to win it w the new kicker....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I've been thinking all year that BB has held Morris and Taylor in reserve for the nasty weather. Typically we get them for the first 5 or 6 games before the injury bug hits them. This way we get them for crunch time and the younger guy's have gotten plenty of experience..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

TAMIRA   NEEDS A BIG BIG GAME.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Who cares?  The Fragile One has not earned his keep in almost 2 years here and I can't wait for him to be gone so we get a RB who can contribute meaningfully to this team.  Remember its Fred himself who recently said Law Firm is a coming star!  I say BJGE and Woody deserve the carries, even Sammy, over Fred.  Let's go with what got us here!  Know what I'm sayin', boys?

The big deal in this game won't be runnin the ball for either side.  A shoot out is coming, with Jets great receivers - and they are a three headed monster here, as ZBell and others note, against a weak and undermanned DB cadre for Pats.  Our strength, as always, is Tom, TE trio, Wes and Dieon.  Maybe Tate can actually catch one long ball this season to give the Jets some deep ball concerns too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

[QUOTE]Its December now, sloppy weather coming, need to establish that running game. We've hung on to this guy all year are we saving him for the December/post season run? Nice time to bring him out against the Jets. Hard to defend what you don't plan for.

He played in the first matchup.  If that was what he has to offer...than I would rather he sit this one out!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]The big deal in this game won't be runnin the ball for either side.  A shoot out is coming, with Jets great receivers - and they are a three headed monster here, as ZBell and others note, against a weak and undermanned DB cadre for Pats.  Our strength, as always, is Tom, TE trio, Wes and Dieon.  Maybe Tate can actually catch one long ball this season to give the Jets some deep ball concerns too.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that.  The Pats have been best this year when they get other teams to respect their running game.  The empty-backfield spread offense hasn't worked all that well for them, honestly.  Brady has been much more effective under center I think, with a running back in the backfield.  Part of the problem is their deep game isn't that good this year, so if they give up on the run, all teams need to worry about are the short and intermediate passes. Branch may be changing that dynamic a bit, but I think the Pats are in a tougher position Monday if they can't run effectively. To me, that spread offense has seemed very one-dimensional and not all that hard to stop this year.

On the other side of the ball, the Pats defense has been worst in the games where their opponents have been able to run on them--i.e., Cleveland and the Jets in the second half of the first Jets game.  For all these reasons, I'd be very surprised if the run doesn't play a big role in Monday's game.  I expect the Jets to try to beat the Pats with the run early (using the pass primarily to set up the run and keep the D honest) and only go to a heavier pass offense if they fall behind or if the run is shut down.  

I think if the Pats can stop the Jets running game, they'll be in good shape. Even if Sanchez gets a few scores on big plays to his wideouts, he's not good enough to win the game all on his own I don't think. If the Jets can be balanced, though, this game will be much tougher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I grow weary of this.  Fred Taylor has not been a factor for the PATS in two years and having watched him stumble to the side line, injured after minimal action, is getting really old.. 

This is just more the "we need a marquee running back stuff.  We have running game in Green Ellis and Woodhead and its doing just fine if you would follow along.  They've been putting up good numbers in the last three games or so.  No, there aren't the one time in a game sixty yard runs that are so thrilling but there are four to six yards often, if not more most of the time, giving Brady and the passing game more options on second and third downs and after that on first down, with play action.  This is the program, get with it and stop dreaming of the glorious long run.  Glorious long runs are actually rare.  Gutting it out is much more important.  I suppose you didn't see Green Ellis' fifteen yard run to pay dirt last game when he just pushed the Detroit back into the end zone.  Now that's what I like to see, attitude.  Skip the shifty stuff. I hope he stays on the bench.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I agree with you Spheriod, who ever wins the ground game wins period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Does Fred Taylor get unveiled Monday? :  They've been putting up good numbers in the last three games or so.  No, there aren't the one time in a game sixty yard runs that are so thrilling but there are four to six yards often, if not more most of the time, giving Brady and the passing game more options on second and third downs and after that on first down, with play action.  This is the program, get with it and stop dreaming of the glorious long run.  Glorious long runs are actually rare.  Gutting it out is much more important.  I suppose you didn't see Green Ellis' fifteen yard run to pay dirt last game when he just pushed the Detroit back into the end zone.  Now that's what I like to see, attitude.  Skip the shifty stuff. I hope he stays on the bench.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the long run I care about, but the ability to run outside.  BJGE is great straight ahead, but the Pats have not run outside well at all.  That limits our running attack to up-the-middle runs, which a stout defense may be able to shut down.  Taylor (if he's healthy) does give us better ability to attack the edges with the run than BJGE does--and that creates a different challenge for the defense.  It's not the long run I'm looking for, it's the diversity of effective running plays I want so the defense has more to worry about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just a note,with Neal going on the IR there is another roster spot opening up does tony Brown the CB get that spot? Or do they bring up the OG that is down on the squad Austin?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No, I would not play Fred against the Jets D. I think Woody and BJGE actually have been running really well, and I would continue using these two much like we have over the past month or so. If posed with a 2nd or 3rd and short, goal line situation, perhaps...but I like the way Woody and BJGE are running the ball

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Interesting that the Pats picked up RB Thomas Clayton . . . . he was waived yesterday and Neal went to IR today.  Don't think the timing is purely coincidence.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They expect running game weather, breezy in the Foxboro open ended stadium and in the 30s.  This might benefit the Jets.  On the other hand, if Mr. USC Sancheese needs a bit more practice throwing into a swirling wind, he'll find it on Monday.  The winds are a bit worse in Foxboro.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares?  The Fragile One has not earned his keep in almost 2 years here and I can't wait for him to be gone so we get a RB who can contribute meaningfully to this team.  Remember its Fred himself who recently said Law Firm is a coming star!  I say BJGE and Woody deserve the carries, even Sammy, over Fred.  Let's go with what got us here!  Know what I'm sayin', boys? The big deal in this game won't be runnin the ball for either side.  A shoot out is coming, with Jets great receivers - and they are a three headed monster here, as ZBell and others note, against a weak and undermanned DB cadre for Pats.  Our strength, as always, is Tom, TE trio, Wes and Dieon.  Maybe Tate can actually catch one long ball this season to give the Jets some deep ball concerns too.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

Tate will have opportunities downfield, that I guarantee. The Jets  will leave whoever is outside 1:1 and Tate can outrun either of those guys  straight up. Whether Brady has time to get it there and whether Tate can actually start pulling those in... that is a different story.