Does NE double dip for WR or sign one more FA WR? Here is what is left in FA.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Does NE double dip for WR or sign one more FA WR? Here is what is left in FA.

Brandon Lloyd, Patriots. Age: 32.
    Brandon Lloyd's 1,448-yard 2010 campaign seems like a decade ago. Lloyd has been pretty mediocre the past two seasons. He just couldn't generate any chemistry with Tom Brady, as he's been accused of trying to avoid contact and having a negative attitude. Worst of all, he'll be 32 in July, so he's unlikely to have another 1,000-yard season.

Titus Young, WR, Rams. Age: 24.
    There's no questioning Titus Young's talent, but he's a major head case. He started off last season by punching teammate Louis Delmas. He then sabotaged a game against the Packers by intentionally lining up in the wrong spots. And to top it off, he continued to mouth off on Twitter during the offseason, indicating that he hadn't learned his lesson. I wouldn't touch him, but there might be a coach out there who can turn him around.

Michael Spurlock, WR/KR, Chargers. Age: 30.
    Michael Spurlock scored two special-teams touchdowns in 2012. He also recorded seven catches for 64 yards in one game as a slot receiver.

Laurent Robinson, WR, Jaguars. Age: 28.
    Laurent Robinson has been medically cleared to play following his multiple concussions. With that being the case, he deserves a spot on a roster to compete for a No. 2 role. Teams need to be cautious, however, given Robinson's extensive injury history.

Joshua Cribbs, KR, Browns. Age: 30.
    Joshua Cribbs maintained decent return averages in 2012, but he has just one special-teams touchdown in the past three years. He'll be 30 in June.

Ramses Barden, WR, Giants. Age: 27.

Steve Breaston, WR, Chiefs. Age: 30.

Brandon Stokley, WR, Broncos. Age: 37.

Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 30.

Seyi Ajirotutu (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 26.

Sammie Stroughter, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 27.

Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets. Age: 27.

Early Doucet, WR, Cardinals. Age: 27.

Devery Henderson, WR, Saints. Age: 31.

Derek Hagan, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.

Austin Collie, WR, Colts. Age: 27.

Randy Moss, WR, 49ers. Age: 36.

Donte' Stallworth, WR, Patriots. Age: 32.

Ben Obomanu, WR, Seahawks. Age: 29.

Deion Branch, WR, Patriots. Age: 34.

Devin Aromashodu, WR, Vikings. Age: 29.

Matt Willis, WR, Broncos. Age: 29.

Roscoe Parrish, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 31.

David Reed (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 26.

Brian Robiskie, WR, Lions. Age: 25.

Ruvell Martin, WR, Bills. Age: 31.

Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013WR.php

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Does NE double dip for WR or sign one more FA WR? Here is what is left in FA.

Honestly, at this point, I could see any of the following scenarios:

#1 - We resign Lloyd and draft a WR

#2 - We draft 2 WRs

#3 - We trade for a WR and maybe draft one too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Does NE double dip for WR or sign one more FA WR? Here is what is left in FA.

None of the aforementioned ellicit much enthusiasm ! I guess it's time to draft a WR who can catch a ball and run a sub 6.50 3 cone drill because if he can't run the 3 cone in under that amount of time chances are BB isn't going to draft him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Brandon Lloyd, Patriots. Age: 32.
    Brandon Lloyd's 1,448-yard 2010 campaign seems like a decade ago. Lloyd has been pretty mediocre the past two seasons. He just couldn't generate any chemistry with Tom Brady, as he's been accused of trying to avoid contact and having a negative attitude. Worst of all, he'll be 32 in July, so he's unlikely to have another 1,000-yard season.

Titus Young, WR, Rams. Age: 24.
    There's no questioning Titus Young's talent, but he's a major head case. He started off last season by punching teammate Louis Delmas. He then sabotaged a game against the Packers by intentionally lining up in the wrong spots. And to top it off, he continued to mouth off on Twitter during the offseason, indicating that he hadn't learned his lesson. I wouldn't touch him, but there might be a coach out there who can turn him around.

Michael Spurlock, WR/KR, Chargers. Age: 30.
    Michael Spurlock scored two special-teams touchdowns in 2012. He also recorded seven catches for 64 yards in one game as a slot receiver.

Laurent Robinson, WR, Jaguars. Age: 28.
    Laurent Robinson has been medically cleared to play following his multiple concussions. With that being the case, he deserves a spot on a roster to compete for a No. 2 role. Teams need to be cautious, however, given Robinson's extensive injury history.

Joshua Cribbs, KR, Browns. Age: 30.
    Joshua Cribbs maintained decent return averages in 2012, but he has just one special-teams touchdown in the past three years. He'll be 30 in June.

Ramses Barden, WR, Giants. Age: 27.

Steve Breaston, WR, Chiefs. Age: 30.

Brandon Stokley, WR, Broncos. Age: 37.

Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 30.

Seyi Ajirotutu (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 26.

Sammie Stroughter, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 27.

Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets. Age: 27.

Early Doucet, WR, Cardinals. Age: 27.

Devery Henderson, WR, Saints. Age: 31.

Derek Hagan, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.

Austin Collie, WR, Colts. Age: 27.

Randy Moss, WR, 49ers. Age: 36.

Donte' Stallworth, WR, Patriots. Age: 32.

Ben Obomanu, WR, Seahawks. Age: 29.

Deion Branch, WR, Patriots. Age: 34.

Devin Aromashodu, WR, Vikings. Age: 29.

Matt Willis, WR, Broncos. Age: 29.

Roscoe Parrish, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 31.

David Reed (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 26.

Brian Robiskie, WR, Lions. Age: 25.

Ruvell Martin, WR, Bills. Age: 31.

Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013WR.php

By the way good research on your part jjdbrasil...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

#2 - We draft 2 WRs

Since you put the chinese menu out I'll take two from column 2...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ramses Barden

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I would be down to give Titus Young a chance and see if he makes the team. If he doesnt then its no foul but if he does, he has the talent to be a good player. Wouldnt hurt.

Titus says the only reason why he wasn't a good teammate in Detroit was because they didn't throw him the Dam ball or include him in the offense. He was a stud at BSU and though Kellen moore is a favorite of mine he isn't near the QB as TB is...yes he might be worth a look see!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What did Titus Young do to make Jeff Fisher tell the kid get the hell outta here....before the ink was even dry on his contract......

Gotta think about stuff like that.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Lets get a stud WR coming out this year in Draft!   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

#2 - We draft 2 WRs

1-Pats don't resign Lloyd-he was a bi-polar nightmare and drove team mates crazy. No way do the Pats draft 2 WRs-they will draft one. Very possible they could trade for a WR or use Mallet as trade bait for a second-JMO?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I'm down for Robinson. 2 years ago with Romo he had a great year and is pretty dealdly in the red zone. He played for the Jags last year and they had QB trouble each week. Could come to New England and put up a decent amount of receptions and touchdown totals. He could do something like what Lloyd did for the Pats this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

What did Titus Young do to make Jeff Fisher tell the kid get the hell outta here....before the ink was even dry on his contract......

Gotta think about stuff like that.........

totally mustve been BAAAAD.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Lets get a stud WR coming out this year in Draft!   

hopkins and rogers

or if only 1, rogers.

rd 1, 2, 3 :

carradine, rogers, dobson

or

or rd 1, 2, 3: hopkins, okafor or hunt and dobson.

if we pickup a high 2nd add a 14 mid pick and get

hopkins, carradine de, rogers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Let's see we have Amendola with Edelman as his backup in the slot.  Jones, Jenkins, Ebert, Aiken, Homes, Slater and Hernandez as possible wide outs.  With Stallworth still sitting there ready to play . . .  and Branch if we end up losing that many guys during the season.

At Tight End we have Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawnu, Herman, and Gronkowski (even if he misses the first 1/2 of the season).

Out of the backfield we have Demps, Ridley, Washington, Bolden, and Vereen (and Vereen can play a slot or wide out position).

That's 18 receivers now . . . . at most the will keep the two slot guys, four backs, and three tight ends . . . then 4 or 5 wideouts with one being Slater because of his special teams play.

So my question is, why the hell do we need more than one more in the draft?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I suggested in my draft thread that the Pat's would come away with two receivers in this draft...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Let's see we have Amendola with Edelman as his backup in the slot.  Jones, Jenkins, Ebert, Aiken, Homes, Slater and Hernandez as possible wide outs.  With Stallworth still sitting there ready to play . . .  and Branch if we end up losing that many guys during the season.

At Tight End we have Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawnu, Herman, and Gronkowski (even if he misses the first 1/2 of the season).

Out of the backfield we have Demps, Ridley, Washington, Bolden, and Vereen (and Vereen can play a slot or wide out position).

That's 18 receivers now . . . . at most the will keep the two slot guys, four backs, and three tight ends . . . then 4 or 5 wideouts with one being Slater because of his special teams play.

So my question is, why the hell do we need more than one more in the draft?

Because most of those guys have little to no potential. We still have a HoF QB, so why not pick two WRs and hope that we strike gold on at least one of them? You can't just bunch up all of the RBs and TEs and call them receivers because they aren't. They can receive, but they aren't wideouts.

So pick two receivers in the draft and let the competition begin. Half of the players you mentioned won't be on the opening day roster because they just aren't that good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I suggested in my draft thread that the Pat's would come away with two receivers in this draft...

good call.

can you make a way for us to get hopkins and rogers while still getting carradine or okafor.

(dobson my first alternate [hunter will be too high])

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

I'm down for Robinson. 2 years ago with Romo he had a great year and is pretty dealdly in the red zone. He played for the Jags last year and they had QB trouble each week. Could come to New England and put up a decent amount of receptions and touchdown totals. He could do something like what Lloyd did for the Pats this year.

Medical problem...too many concussions and carries a high risk of repeating them.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have no idea what BB will do but, given the possibilities discussed above, I'm thinking Lloyd will be re-signed and a wideout drafted in either rd 2 or 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

#2 for me too

#2 - We draft 2 WRs

Since you put the chinese menu out I'll take two from column 2...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

very good thread. I say draft two, sign one after training camp cuts, and bring back branch as the 5th reciever. I know wveryone here knows he has lost a couple steps but he got chemistry with Brady and always in the right spot. Not to mention he is a great lockerroom guy. I dont see Molasses Mike making this team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I do believe in the 'Shiny Hood Ornament' theory of drafting WR in the first round - even the absolute best are only involved in maybe 10% of the offensive plays so I hope we aren't drafting one in round 1. And I wouldn't mind passing in round 2 either. If there is a double dip, then make it round 3 and 7.

I think there will also be some interesting cuts after the draft and through the pre-season to add to the above list.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just because they may be targeted on only 10% of plays doesn't mean they're involved in only 10%.  Remember, they attract coverage every time they run a route, and if they're really good, they may pull two or even three defenders away from other players (receivers and even runners).  So they have greater impact than you can calculate by just looking at the number of times they are targeted.  Plus their receptions are often crucial to keeping the chains moving, so that 10% of plays may turn out to be very important plays.  I think the "shiny hood ornament" is a silly one . . . most teams pass on 55% to 60% of their offensive plays, so having good receivers makes a big difference in the offense.