Does our previous dope slapping of Houston..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Does our previous dope slapping of Houston..........

Helps us and I think what happened 2 years ago will also help us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm.... I think we win his game but I'll go against the grain and say it hurts a little more than it helps.

1. Confidence/Motivation.  Some on the losing team may not be as confident and some on the winning team may be overconfident.  Coaches will do their best to prevent this.  The good players won't let this happen.  It might affect some players.  I'll give a slight advantage to the Texans solely because this was an embarrassing loss.  Those types of losses can motive teams.

2. Game planning.  I'll give the advantage to the losing team.  While they cannot change the players that they have or make their players play much better than they have, the losing team is probably going to throw more wrinkles into their game plan than the winning team.  They are probably more apt to go back to the drawing board and try something different.  In fact, when the Jets beat us they put together a really good defensive game plan.  Don't know that they would have done that had they won the prior game.  The winning team will introduce some wrinkles, but you are probably less motivated to change too much.  In other words, the Pats will probably resemble the Pats of the last game more than the Texans will resemble the Texans of the last game.  Slight advantage to the team that previously lost.

But the Pats win this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Insert Eye Of The Tiger sound byte here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Normally I don't like to say any team is in the other teams heads but this is one case that it's true. Just looking at Hou's face after that game and what they did in the following weeks it's obvious they lost their edge. Even against Cinn, if it was pre-Pats game they would have killed Cinn but Cinn made it a game.

My thought is they will come in fired up and ready to go. If the Pats let them stick around it's going to be a nail bitter but if the Pats come out early and put up two quick scores then the game is over. Hou will collapse in on themselves and be half way to the bus by the half. The key will be the start of the game though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Normally I don't like to say any team is in the other teams heads but this is one case that it's true. Just looking at Hou's face after that game and what they did in the following weeks it's obvious they lost their edge. Even against Cinn, if it was pre-Pats game they would have killed Cinn but Cinn made it a game.

My thought is they will come in fired up and ready to go. If the Pats let them stick around it's going to be a nail bitter but if the Pats come out early and put up two quick scores then the game is over. Hou will collapse in on themselves and be half way to the bus by the half. The key will be the start of the game though.

[/QUOTE]

the fans in Houston boo'd them. Wanted them to go for it on 4 th down a couple times.  The texans know if they lose he whole season is a failure.   How's it feel texans ?   They have to win or at least make a showing for self respect. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

It looks like the weather for Sunday might be quite balmy. Here is a copy and paste from the National Weather Service in Taunton extended forecast.

"Saturday and Sunday...temperatures warm significantly through this
    period...well above normal. With 850mb temperatures around 10c...highs
    should be in the 50s possibly up to near 60 Sunday. Keep in mind
    this is still 6 to 7 days out. Rain is possible Sunday with a cold
    front moving through southern New England".

Here is the link to the full forecast.

http://www.wunderground.com/DisplayDisc.asp?DiscussionCode=BOX&StateCode=RI&SafeCityName=Providence

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think the first outcome plays a huge role. Bottom line, I don't think the texans match up well with the Pats. Also. Houston's offense hasn't been performing well, putting up points, and i think their d is a tad overrated. 

I think the pats win, but the margin being 10 this time around. 34-24 final score.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Help or hurt the Pats this coming Sunday?

[/QUOTE]

I dont think it matters much, but if any team I would say Houston has the edge. Only because they are the ones that lost that 1st matchup. They have revenge on their minds and normally I would say they may be lacking confidence but they played very well on defense Saturday and they have  both their CBs back healthy now and also B.Reeds who didnt play last game. I saw a secondary that played very physical with Jackson and Joseph and also that has another pass rusher in Reed they can throw out and lets not forget Brady was hit all game by Watt so this will not be a repeat IMO and will be a game the Pats have to take, it will not be given. Im hoping the defense brings some mental toughness and can battle throughout the game and I hope BB lets them play agressive. We have Gronk who was absent last matchup but I have to wait and see how he looks. Last game was concerning the way he favored his arm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Previous game has absolutely zero impact one way or the other IMO. There are players who were missing from both teams the last time they met but I consider that to be a seconary consideration.  BB will have the team ready to play of that I am certain.  Will Kubiak have the Texans ready?  If so, it will be a tightly contested football game.  If not, then the Pats could blow them out again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

From Houston's perspective I think the rematch is beneficial for two reasons:

They now know exactly what the Pats are and -- more important -- what they are not.

The Texans appear to me to be a team guilty of reading its own press that simply imploded when the reality of its situation became clear: The very definition of Not Ready for Prime Time.

I agree with the guy who said the Pats are probably in the Texans' head, but I also think that what is right smack in the forefront of the Texans' head is that they ain't nearly as good as they thought they were, and having a positive attitude and saying all the right things isn't going to get them out of New England alive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Help or hurt the Pats this coming Sunday?

[/QUOTE]

It is a new game. It helps and it hurts and it doesnt mean a thing! All at the same time. It helps that we floored them for our confidence and their possible questioning of themselves. It hurts because it is a grudge game for them and gives them a little extra something (playoffs or not a little extra something never hurts... that is why you wont hear BB give them any extra to help them get revved up).

I do agree I expect BB will remind the team of the Jets game a couple of years ago. Bottom line is this is a new game. Houston will prepare differently and will show us things we did not see (and they hope will not expect). I would not be surprised to see a VERY aggressive D using whatever it takes - blitzing or whatever - to pressure the Pats and TB. It will take a litttle more from the O line, the RBs or TEs used to block and peel off as safety valves and schemes to handle what could look like an onslaught. I thnk they have Reed back too (and we have Gronk at whatever level he is).

I do believe that OUR D is going to have to come up big and not just rely on the O.