does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the panthers players are saying it.they are saying every team in the league knows how to get to moss.chris carter is saying moss,s play is pathetic.now i know moss,s stats speaks for itself.i know he draws double coverage,but there are times i have noticed he dosent always give the effort to get the ball,or swat it away from a defender.but there are to many positives compared to negatives to say randy moss is a quitter, I am a big moss fan,and i am glad he is on the team.i think many teams,and people are seeing the pats struggleing right now,and are feeding into it.they know the more it gets to them the more it will effect there games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/cris-carter-on-randy-moss-it-was-pathetic/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?

what happened to your other post on this?it isnt here anymore.but as i stated on the other one.a third receiver threat is needed also the o-line needs to give brady time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It's called an offensive coordinator.

Josh McDaniels or Charlie Weis would not sit there and say, "Oh, they took Randy out of the game"

I think Moss' problem is a combination of many things. One, he hasn't been healthy, or so it seems. He's also had his confidence take a hit by being shut down several times this year. Then, it seems like all the goodwill he built up in New England took a hit with one little incident. Kevin Faulk, after the Carolina game, said the team took it personally when the media chastized Moss for being late and being a "malcontent" again. There were four people late and not just Randy. I think he's a bit disheartened seeing that people think the old Randy's back. Lack of third receiver is an issue, yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

People need to chill the eff out on the Moss thing.  I think Brady looks for him too much at times, but game after game he has come through for this team and Brady to Moss has been much more of a good thing than the latest poor results.  Moss may have had a bad stretch of games but let's give it a rest on the whole "malcontent" thing.  

I watched a replay of the game yesterday and Moss was certainly bumped and manhandled, at times more than should have been allowed without a penalty.  He needs to play through it, easier said than done, but I'm sure he'll help this team wina few more games before the year is through.       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?:
    [QUOTE]the panthers players are saying it.they are saying every team in the league knows how to get to moss.chris carter is saying moss,s play is pathetic.now i know moss,s stats speaks for itself.i know he draws double coverage,but there are times i have noticed he dosent always give the effort to get the ball,or swat it away from a defender.but there are to many positives compared to negatives to say randy moss is a quitter, I am a big moss fan,and i am glad he is on the team.i think many teams,and people are seeing the pats struggleing right now,and are feeding into it.they know the more it gets to them the more it will effect there games. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/cris-carter-on-randy-moss-it-was-pathetic/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I think BB's defense of Moss says it all.  BB does not say things so out of character about another team to defend a player he thinks is quitting or dogging it.  Regardless of what some fans think.  Regardless of what some former players and media think.  BB put his wood on the cutting board today in defense of Moss.  Does anyone really think he'd do that for someone who was anything other than a great teammate and player?  Who knows, maybe he really is playing with a bad back this year?  

We'll know when Moss really hits the bottom.  A new board user will appear on the scene named welkereffect43 lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from finishbreakfast. Show finishbreakfast's posts

In Response to Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?:
    [QUOTE]People need to chill the eff out on the Moss thing.  I think Brady looks for him too much at times, but game after game he has come through for this team and Brady to Moss has been much more of a good thing than the latest poor results.  Moss may have had a bad stretch of games but let's give it a rest on the whole "malcontent" thing.   I watched a replay of the game yesterday and Moss was certainly bumped and manhandled, at times more than should have been allowed without a penalty.  He needs to play through it, easier said than done, but I'm sure he'll help this team wina few more games before the year is through. 

Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Just a couple of questions for you:

If Welker moped around yesterday, what would the score have been?

If Moss got hit as hard as Welker did, would he have stayed on the field?

How many rings does Moss have that places him in such an esteemed position to have people running to get in line to defend him?

Must be nice for Randy Moss to have all these self-appointed apologists(Brady included) having his back all the time. Why is everyone so scared of him? This guy has been terrified to go across the middle his entire career, what are they afraid of if someone gets in his face and calls him out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If the Colts or Saints were saying this, the story would go farther.  Coach Fox of the Panthers is about to lose his job if he doesn't tap dance fast enough.

Other defenders have claimed that Moss deliberately dogs it on them, only to open up to full speed in some instant when he gets ignored.  It might be a tactic.

I suspect that myself and ten average middle-aged trolls could possibly guard Randy Moss.  All eleven of us would shift over to Moss's edge of the field.  Tom Brady would see this shift, take the snap and trot down the center of the field to the goal line all by himself, of course.

Carolina guarded Moss well, but at the cost of giving up some of the running game, giving up on Wes Welker and maybe giving up on Ben Watson.  Did I mention giving up on the game?  Carolina scored a locker room victory after the game which might possibly save the coach's job.  At least it's better than nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think he might be injured.  I remember seeing him on the practice reports earlier in the season, and I think it's no coincidence that he sits out of practice on Tuesdays, even if it's "non-football-related."

I'd also say that, by Colts rules, Moss gets held and illegally contacted almost every play.  He is also frequently hit with autonomy by a defender not playing the ball so someone else can make the interception (see Indianapolis interception in the end zone).

Alas, if the Patriots are never going to get the game called the same way as everyone else with regards to interference and illegal contact, they need to adjust accordingly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You people are absolutely crazy.  Randy is 6th in the NFL in yards and tied for 2nd in TD's.  He can't get 150 yards and 2 TD's every game, no reciever ever has, not even close.  Some games are better than others. 

The Pats have 2 recievers in the top 10 in yards, because of Moss drawing coverage.  If they dindn't have Moss they wouldn't have one reciever in the top 10.  The only recievers who are even close to his production this year are Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne.  Wayne has 4 more yards and the same amount of TD's, Johnson has about 150 more yards and 1 less TD.

As for Welker, he is great but when the field is short like in the red zone moss cannot open up the field for him.  The result:  Welker 4 TD's, Moss 9TD's

Randy is the greatest reciever in the NFL, he may be the best ever if not he'll be second.  He didn't get there by being lazy, just be happy the Patriots have him now because he's not going to be here forever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It seems as though something is wrong physically or mentally. Whatever the case is I believe it is in the Pats best interest to get this guy on track if he is indeed off.I wrote this on another post that disappeared so I might as well repeat it. If Randy is one of those guys that needs to be nurtured instead of screamed at then that's the way it should be handled. Bill Parcells was the best at handling athletes on an individual basis and he always said some players need to be screamed at and some need to be treated with kid gloves. I applaud BB for standing up for Moss. I'm staying away from the hate columns in the Boston media this week also. We need Randy for the playoffs so whatever is wrong I'm now convinced BB will do the right thing. He may just need to be more involved in the offense. Who knows, maybe he's sick of being a Hall of Fame Decoy that clears the middle of the field for Welker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Randy is fine, been a tough year, he is a major threat, or the other teams just like to waste talent covering him.

He is and will be a great receiver for the Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

[quote]Just a couple of questions for you:

If Welker moped around yesterday, what would the score have been?

If Moss got hit as hard as Welker did, would he have stayed on the field?

How many rings does Moss have that places him in such an esteemed position to have people running to get in line to defend him?

Must be nice for Randy Moss to have all these self-appointed apologists(Brady included) having his back all the time. Why is everyone so scared of him? This guy has been terrified to go across the middle his entire career, what are they afraid of if someone gets in his face and calls him out?[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the plays and routes called by the coaches and the QB? if so, why do you think someone would be afraid of going over the middle? If the play is for Moss to do a go route, and he does a go route, then all the sudden he is afraid to go over the middle? He is just doing the route that is being called. Your verticle thread will always have less going over the middle route compare to your slot WR. Need to stop with the stupid theory of he is afraid of going over the middle.... If I am not mistaken, Moss is also the primary passing target for Brady in the red area, which is as much traffic as there is compare to the middle of the field. The team will always conserve their top WR from calling too many middle route for them to go, it is not about Moss being scared to go over the middle....

And let me answer your 3 questions by asking you 3 simple questions:

1) If Welker, who isn't physically gifted, moped around yesterday, would he have been in the NFL? (hint: that's what he is about, a tough, hard nose WR, you ask him to run Moss's route he can't do it)

2) If Barry Sanders run the same style as Jerome Bettis, would he have played for as long as he did? (hint: there are players who are shifty and know how to avoid hard hit)

3) Perhaps number of ring doesn't have anything to do with anything but being a good teammate and work hard in the practice field do?

I am just surprised how many Moss haters are out there..... get your facts straight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?:
    [QUOTE][quote]How many rings does Moss have that places him in such an esteemed position to have people running to get in line to defend him?
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]
    One.  Mr. Kraft gave him one for the 16-0 regular season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I don't understand what the hater's angle is?  Do they want him off the team?  Do they actually think we would be better off without him?

He is the best receiver that has ever put on a Patriot uniform and I'm glad he is on our team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand what the hater's angle is?  Do they want him off the team?  Do they actually think we would be better off without him? He is the best receiver that has ever put on a Patriot uniform and I'm glad he is on our team.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

It's just miserable people with no life.  Either they're not true Pats fans or they are just reactionist get-a-lifers that want to rip anyone they can. His whole team is behind him and that is key. We may use this as a rally cry.
    The guys numbers are already awesome thru 13 games. Who wouldn't want him on their team.
        Receiving   
    G     GS   
    Rec   Yds     Lng    TD        
    009 New England Patriots     13     13 69 1,074 15.6   71T       9

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him?:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know.

However, there were similar reports coming out of Oakland, before the Pats acquired him.  People from the Bay Area were boldly stating that he was done; the Pats got an ex-player.  (They were wrong.)

However, had these previous reports not been manufactured, this issue would most likely be mute.  So, one should not be too quick to question those who question, in this particular instance.  Of course, it might be wise to factor in what BB/TB are offering.  After all, these guys see him in practice all the time.  Ideally, Pats fans and the rest can chalk this up to a bad day/game.  Obviously, Moss can  hit the pedal and get the job done, beyond expectations...if he chooses.

*Note to Randy: "Do, or do not.  There is no try."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him? : I don't know. However, there were similar reports coming out of Oakland, before the Pats acquired him.  People from the Bay Area were boldly stating that he was done; the Pats got an ex-player.  (They were wrong.) However, had these previous reports not been manufactured, this issue would most likely be mute.  So, one should not be too quick to question those who question, in this particular instance.  Of course, it might be wise to factor in what BB/TB are offering.  After all, these guys see him in practice all the time.  Ideally, Pats fans and the rest can chalk this up to a bad day/game.  Obviously, Moss can  hit the pedal and get the job done, beyond expectations... if he chooses. *Note to Randy: "Do, or do not.  There is no try. "
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE] i agree about him haveing bad days.all players do.like i said before i am a moss fan.not every post i put up means that i beleive in them,but to just spark conversations,and debates.if i had one issue with moss.it would be the int,s that are happening on him,and they are right there to where he could slap the balls away before they happened.other then that i hope moss gets his ring soon.for this is why he chose the pats over other teams.feeling his chance was best here.in 2007 it was a heart breaker.last year brady got injured,and this year the team is struggleing.if there is any kind of frustration maybe its because his window is closeing for the opportunity to get the super ring.yes he is playing hard.his stats have shown it,but like BB said stats are for losers.winning is the goal,and moss,s goal is to have a ring before he calls it quits.and its not going his way of late.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him? : I think BB's defense of Moss says it all.  BB does not say things so out of character about another team to defend a player he thinks is quitting or dogging it.  Regardless of what some fans think.  Regardless of what some former players and media think.  BB put his wood on the cutting board today in defense of Moss.  Does anyone really think he'd do that for someone who was anything other than a great teammate and player?  Who knows, maybe he really is playing with a bad back this year?   We'll know when Moss really hits the bottom.  A new board user will appear on the scene named welkereffect43 lol.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE] with all the un-employed comedians out there your trying to be one.dont judge my fanhood because i put up a topic for debate.if you notice i am asking a question on the matter,and it ends with a question mark.if i was comeing out saying that this is what moss is doing,it would be stated that way.it dosent always mean im buying into it,but just to spark debates and conversations.like this one here about jerry rice,s input. when i was much younger these things would really upset me in what people would say about the pats and there players even though most were true before the brady era,but i didnt care,and didnt like it.now i laugh about them because i know better,and use them as conversation peices. i will call out something on the team [defense] if i feel it is a problem.everyone here has at one point in time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/jerry-rice-joins-the-chorus-ripping-randy-moss/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Brady and Bellicheck seem to love Moss and always praise Moss for how hard he works.

Maybe the media should STFU.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I didn't like it when the Pats had to baby sit Terry Glenn. I applauded when Belichick stood up to him and told him where the door was! There is no "I" in team. Just because people call it like they see it dose not make them Patriot haters or Moss haters. That's silly.  Chris carter , Jerry Rice and others
    calling Moss out. Why? Because he takes plays off and in some cases games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him? : with all the un-employed comedians out there your trying to be one.dont judge my fanhood because i put up a topic for debate.if you notice i am asking a question on the matter,and it ends with a question mark.if i was comeing out saying that this is what moss is doing,it would be stated that way.it dosent always mean im buying into it,but just to spark debates and conversations.like this one here about jerry rice,s input. when i was much younger these things would really upset me in what people would say about the pats and there players even though most were true before the brady era,but i didnt care,and didnt like it.now i laugh about them because i know better,and use them as conversation peices. i will call out something on the team [defense] if i feel it is a problem.everyone here has at one point in time. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/jerry-rice-joins-the-chorus-ripping-randy-moss/

Moss, my last sentence was a total joke (hence the lol) and not to be taken seriously.  You might have misinterpreted my post.  The majority of my post was not addressing you personally, but the numerous others out there on the half-dozen Moss threads that do think he quit.  I wasn't throwing sand in your face.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him? : Moss, my last sentence was a total joke (hence the lol) and not to be taken seriously.  You might have misinterpreted my post.  The majority of my post was not addressing you personally, but the numerous others out there on the half-dozen Moss threads that do think he quit.  I wasn't throwing sand in your face.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE] i saw the welker effect,so yes i did take it wrong.my apologies sir.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Why doesn't Moss get defenders to stop playing, as he gets the best of them?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't like it when the Pats had to baby sit Terry Glenn. I applauded when Belichick stood up to him and told him where the door was! There is no "I" in team. Just because people call it like they see it dose not make them Patriot haters or Moss haters. That's silly.  Chris carter , Jerry Rice and others calling Moss out. Why? Because he takes plays off and in some cases games.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Chris Carter and Jerry Rice were never on the field for seventy plays and Ron "Mr. Judgement" I'm sure you would have a heart attack after 2 go routes so relax.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: does randy moss stop playing when defenders get the best of him? : Just a couple of questions for you: If Welker moped around yesterday, what would the score have been? If Moss got hit as hard as Welker did, would he have stayed on the field? How many rings does Moss have that places him in such an esteemed position to have people running to get in line to defend him? Must be nice for Randy Moss to have all these self-appointed apologists(Brady included) having his back all the time. Why is everyone so scared of him? This guy has been terrified to go across the middle his entire career, what are they afraid of if someone gets in his face and calls him out?
    Posted by finishbreakfast[/QUOTE]

You are a chump along with everyone who is in on this uncalled for bashing on Moss. Moss has been stellar in NE. I recall him having a game earlier this season where his back was nearly broken and went out and had a field day, Yet you all question his desire and integrity....effin ridiculous..

ummmmm what has Cris Carter ever done to feel able to bust on Moss? You shouldnt be throwing stones when you live in a glass house.

As for the two Panther players calling him out, Not very classy boys. Take it like men and stfu. Neither of you will be breaking any records....pilons

Jerry Rice is Jerry Rice so ya.......lol. Although I will say this is coming from a guy who gave no respect to Moss when he broke his td record. Rather dismissed it.