Does Rodney Harrison Belong in The Hall Of Fame?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Does Rodney Harrison Belong in The Hall Of Fame?

to me this a good question.the guy is definately a intimidater on the feild,and has made many great hits.he does still have the 30 int,and 30 sacks.if anything,he should be considered.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Does Rodney Harrison Belong in The Hall Of Fame?

That's a good question.  I think the fact that he's the only player with 30 sacks and 30 ints helps him greatly.  I think he also stepped up in big games and is therefore worthy.  Unfortunately, the fact that opponents  hate him won't help.  Because of this, I think he's only made 2 pro Bowls, which is BS.  Not sure if anyone has made less Pro Bowls and still made the Hall.  Many people don't understand all that he brings to a team.  My guess would be no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

He ended his career with the Pats so OF COURSE he does. Duh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Yes but will he ever get there? Probably not. He's not politically correct enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

To bad they don't keep stats on how many receivers dropped passes because they were intimidated by Harrison and took their eyes off the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5rings. Show 5rings's posts

Does HGH factor into the debate???? "Cheating" always seems to be brought up in regards to Roger Clemens, who has never been proven to have used. Harrison actually admitted it after he was caught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think he will get in but he should. I will miss having him with the team. He made it possible for players like Bruschi to focus on what is going on in front of them instead of always worryign about the D backs. He was a general of this D. I hope he retires  Patriot, f*ck the chargers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This shouldn't even be in question...  30 sacks, 34 ints, nearly averaged 100 tackles every full season he played and was extremely durable up until the end.  Years from now the people who played with and against him will remember and he will waltz in, plus he'll be on TV broadcasting every Sunday so he'll be hard to ignore.  I say it's a lock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

His reputation hurts him the most..  equating "hard hitting attitude" with "dirty player".  But, then again, it is not players who vote for the HoF.  It may also depend on any anti-NE bias.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think if the HOF voting was done by ex-players and coaches he would be in for sure. however, the "dirty" tag hung on him by the media (who holds the votes) may be hard to overcome. If I had a vote I'd say yes on the first ballot. He certainly has the stats and rings (if not the pro bowls) to deserve a bust!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think he does belong. He was one of the best safeties, year in, year out, in the NFL during the time he played.

I think because he didn't try to dodge the issue with HGH and took full responsibility for it even though there is no way it could be proven that he actually took them. And the fact that there are so many players already in the Hall that took steriods (read that the great Steelers teams from the Chuck Noll era) that his use of HGH won't stop him from getting in.

And finally, because he has the 30-30 record he will get in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I want him to get in but i just dont see it happening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]to me this a good question.the guy is definately a intimidater on the feild,and has made many great hits.he does still have the 30 int,and 30 sacks.if anything,he should be considered.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Rodney has been a leader and a winner on two teams...the Chargers and the Patriots. As the Ronnie Lott of his era, he should be enshrined. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree but the HOF voters are not very good at their job so he wont get in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Does anyone think that, if he were a former Giant, Cowboy or Redskin, we would even be having this debate? No. He'd be a lock for the HOF. A no-brainer.

But, as a Patriot? Not so much. Too much anti-patriot sentiment out there, combined with his media-generated reputation as a "dirty player".

Funny, anyone remember him being tagged as a "dirty player" when he was in SD? I don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Absolutely!  Rodney revolutionized the safety position in the NFL.  He is underrated because opposing teams feared him and didn't like his passion!

My guess is these haters would welcome him on their team anytime!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

You have a very short memory span Alfie.  He was absolutely tagged as a dirty play while he was still in SD.  Where do you think he amassed the lion's share of his fines??  There was an anti-Rodney sentiment  well before he came to NE.  That would help explain why he only made 2 pro bowls during his prime yrs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I think he belongs but i'm certain HGH use will come up in the debate amongst the voters. I hope they take into account that he used it to heal from injury faster (his words) and that it had no effect with his performance on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Based on the numbers he's a near lock. His Pro Bowls won't help him, but two Super Bowl rings should.

Wozzy is right... with him being on television every week he'll have more than an ample opportunity to change the minds of his doubters by how well he carries himself off the field.

He is in.

Thanks for the memories, Rodney.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Well he defiantly has 2 strikes against him.

1)  Always voted most dirty player by his peers.  That's certainly not a good thing.

2)  Busted for P.E.D's.  We will see how the football HOF voters view this. 

In my opinion, if any professional athlete get busted with or using PED's they should automatically be eliminated from consideration.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The HGH shouldnt hurt him, like 99% of all Steelers in the Hall were on roids when they played and they all got in. Lawrence Taylor was on coke and roids all the time when he played hell he was a crackhead by teh time he retired and they let him in. Rodney was not even coaght doing HGH he was implemented and instead of denying it he addmited what he did. The HGH wont prevent him from getting it. Just the fact that he was considered a dirty player his entire career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

No, he is not that good enough in coverage. gets burnt deep too much. hits like a mac truck. while very good I say no to the hall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]No, he is not that good enough in coverage. gets burnt deep too much. hits like a mac truck. while very good I say no to the hall.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE] yea i guess your right.

http://www.upi.com/topic/Rodney_Harrison/13/10/?section=2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]yea i guess your right. http://www.upi.com/topic/Rodney_Harrison/13/10/?section=2
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] this was one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sj7PP2UwuE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Harrison wasnt good in coverage the last several years. With the Chargers and the first couple of seasons with the Pats, whe he had his speed, he was certainly very good in coverage.

Harrison will have a tough time making the hall even though he deserves it. Defensive players have to have an amazing resume to get into the hall. For safeties, a rational HOF would easily admit 100+ tackles a season, 30 sacks and 34 interceptions for the career, multiple SB titles and appearances, and some of the best defenses in NFL history. For this insane HOF, it's probably not enough.