Does Talib sign a Bodden like deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Does Talib sign a Bodden like deal?

Who's better on the outside?  Arrington?  McCourty?  Before you say Arrington played well, it's because he was were he is supposed to be - in the slot.  And I've always been a fan of his in-side playing.

Talib didn't make me scream turn around!  He just got burnt once real bad were it seemed he thought he had safety help.

I guess I have to reiterate yet once again.  I don't want to worry about the CB position anymore as a Pats fan.  That is the number one reason I want him signed.  Draft another pass-rusher in the first round and sign Talib, and this defense continues to grow and get better.  Just sayin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

not yet....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What am I missing? While it has been a small sample size, and Talib is still getting into shape, Dennard has played a better CB than Talib, and in the defensive dark days of games 1-5, McCourty played a better CB than Talib is playing. Let the season play out and see what the market will bear on Talib. He is a risky signing and I am betting his market value isn't as high as many think. 

I also assume no one knows his better than BB. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd agree with that - Dennard may be playing better than him right now, but Dennard is in football shape and has been playing in this defense all year. Looking at the two from a physical standpoint Talib has more size and is faaster - plus he already is a proven commodity. And comparing McCourty to him as a corner is a  stretch don't you think? Do you remember the saeson McCourty had last year? And what about all the times early this season that he didn't turn for the ball?

[/QUOTE]

Gee, you agreed with everything I said regarding Dennard and Talib.

i thought that McCourty played very well at CB beginning of the season, although i am in the minority on this board