Does the national media and NFL fans hate the Pats and there following?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Does the national media and NFL fans hate the Pats and there following?

Being from N.E. but living somewhere else as many of you probably do too, gives me a slightly different perspective. I live In Ariz and for the most part the NFL fans hate the Pats. The local media doesnt say too much , very little talk shows or fan involvement of any kind. I think the Pats may be the most hated or maybe 2nd to dallas depending upon your prospective. what do you see in your areas of the country?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Does the national media and NFL fans hate the Pats and there following?

I've felt hated for sometime now. My shrink says I need to quit being a door mat.
    I think all pats should be packing and strapping.It ain't easy out there for any of us right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Very true, I'm in Dallas and the local media only reports the negative here.  There are more Pats fans than you would think here, though.  I know several!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is called JEALOUSY!  When your team is not the top dog, or most of the time, one of the top dogs year in and year out, you want to hate that team.  Here is a classic example:

This year, there was a surprising amount of "love" for the Colts and Saints in their run to go undefeated.  How much negative publicity did you see about them this year? Not much.  Now, harken back to 2007 and the Pats, 18 - 0 and going for the ultimate brass ring in SB42.  Every SB, ESPN does a survey of the other 30 cities as to who they support to win the SB.  Every year, they would see AFC cities support the AFC team and the same for the NFC.  For the first time in history, even when the Pats were on the cusp of making history, the historic achievement of going 19 - 0  was not desired by the fans in other NFL cities.  ALL 30 cities were in favor of the Giants to knock off the Pats.  Need you say more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I hear you.  And you're right...we hate you and your team down here in Miami. LOL. 

But yeah, it's just jealousy.  And you're not the only fans that feel that way. All fans feel their teams should be the only team talked about on Sportscenter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

oggieman...  you are right.... and would be expected.  So, you hate on the Pats because of the media?  Pats don't control them.  This year, the Colts and Saints were in the news week in and week out.  I did not see too much hatred towards them.  Seems everyone loved the idea a team or two could not only match, but out do the Pats.  Anyone but the Pats, I guess.  As Polian was quoted, the Colts wanted that 24 game "regular" season win streak to knock the Pats off that record.  I guess Polian forgot, the Colts did lose a game in the middle, an unimportant playoff game, but, that is not regular season, so that loss does not count!!  I don't think the NFL Hall of Fame wil replace the diorama in the hall, about the Pats 21 game CONSECUTIVE streak, with this streak because they'll have to explain that playoff loss in the middle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I live in Tampa. The feeling I get, is people believe the Patriots and their fans are arrogant because of the success we've had.

I find both the team and its fans to be blue collar and thankful, because we remember the bad times. The hating is just sour grapes.

I don't find the media to be bias, some love us, some hate us, they are welcome to their opinions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

jedinate your 100% right, maybe they mistake passion for arrogance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ever wonder why nobody hates the lions?