Does Vince have a chance for Defensive Player of the Year??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Does Vince have a chance for Defensive Player of the Year??

If so, state your case and if not, explain why.

I know he does play the nose tackle position but if J.J. Watt can be considered for MVP of the whole league, I dont see why Vince couldnt get the Defensive Player of the Year honor. I mean the guy does it all. Shows up every week and plays a high snap count and is the anchor of our Run defense as well as helping out on 3rd downs with pass rush the last couple years and I dont know any other lineman with the Size of a NT and Nimbleness of a Linebacker and smarts and instincts that our out of this world! It just really HIt me watching the game. I mean JJ Watt was all over the place and Hit Brady all day but obviously it want enough to make in impact as Brady still shredded their Defense.  So I say, why not VINCE???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Does Vince have a chance for Defensive Player of the Year??

he should get it for the a** plant play on sancheeze alone 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

No, most Pat defenders won't.  The scheme doesn't highlight the play of any single defender rather uses a team defense approach that eschews individual stats for the greater good.  

In short all of our players suck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

There is a bias against his position and what he is asked to do.  The award goes to the flashy player who accumulates sacks/picks.  The last pure tackle to win the award was Sapp I think.  The award will go to Watt IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He has zero chance because stats rule the world of awards. They would have to create a stat for something like "outcome impact" which would count when a player has direct impact on a successful D play. But that would still be subjective and hard to count.

If they had an award for best defensive anchor given to the guy who makes the plays that allows others to make the tackle or sack then he would get that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

no chance but he does have a good chance at a super bowl ring! Unlike Ladanian Foolinson I am sure Vince prefers the ring!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Vince has been absolutely dominant this season, he won't get the award cause he doesn't have the glory #s but he should definately be in the mix.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ok, so will those lack of stats and the fact he plays a un glorified position and allows others to mostly make the plays, does this keep him from being considered for Canton? I am thinking about these things as he is getting up there at 31, but I believe he still has a good 4 to 5 strong years left in him and you can be a dinosaur at that position(Ted Washington) if you stay in shape and I think his impact has been tremendous the last couple years not to mention his leadership so I just hope he gets considered at some point. Not sure how many pure nose tackles have made it but playing DT in the 4-3 has atleast gave him the ability to make more plays like the INT"s we saw last year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so will those lack of stats and the fact he plays a un glorified position and allows others to mostly make the plays, does this keep him from being considered for Canton? I am thinking about these things as he is getting up there at 31, but I believe he still has a good 4 to 5 strong years left in him and you can be a dinosaur at that position(Ted Washington) if you stay in shape and I think his impact has been tremendous the last couple years not to mention his leadership so I just hope he gets considered at some point. Not sure how many pure nose tackles have made it but playing DT in the 4-3 has atleast gave him the ability to make more plays like the INT"s we saw last year.

[/QUOTE]

A couple of more years at this level (and another ring!) and he will definitely be in Canton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

zero chance for Vince. 2 way race between Watt and Miller

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally I think Watt has it sown up (15 pass deflections is ridiculous), but if there is a race I don't see how Aldon Smith isn't involved.  Guy will probably break the single season sack record and not win DPotY.  I never would have thought that was possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally I think Watt has it sown up (15 pass deflections is ridiculous), but if there is a race I don't see how Aldon Smith isn't involved.  Guy will probably break the single season sack record and not win DPotY.  I never would have thought that was possible.

[/QUOTE]

I like Watt, but give me Aldon Smith all Day. Dude is a Freak! Tall, long arms and just a Pain in the you know what, but JJ Watt is a monster as well. cant go wrong with either one.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

No, not a chance in Hell although he is certainly deserving of the award.  He's the anchor to our young, ascending Defense.  He does the little things quietly that aren't very 'stat-worthy.'  He demands double and triple teams every time he's on the field and is an excellent run-stuffer. Wilfork's and Mayo's impact on the team goes well beyond the stat sheet, a concept that is foreign to some here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way -too fat and half the time he's a non factor out there. STOP the nonsense-Defensive player of the year.GEEZ

Do any of you know anything about football at all!?

UGH!

[/QUOTE]

No, we don't.  Hence the reason why we love your presence here and strive to be enlightened by you.  What would we do without ya, buddy?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

No way -too fat and half the time he's a non factor out there. STOP the nonsense-Defensive player of the year.GEEZ

UGH!

[/QUOTE]

Aldon Smith, JJ Watt and Von Miller will get consideration before Vince!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

UGH!

[/QUOTE]

Nonfactor is right. But Moore should get a shot. I mean did you see that tackle he made on Sanchez? I've never seen anyone make a tackle with his butt before!

Wilfork won't get it because of his position not because he doesn't deserve a node. He's been one of the most disruptive DL players in the league this year right up there with Watt and Smith. But because he plays an interior position mostly double and tripled teamed he won't get the recognition he deserves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

no cause of the way they vote

but he is a Hall of Famer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As I said earlier I don't expect VW to be even given any consideration, but I just stumbled upon this little nugget from ESPN Boston.  Insane.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4736296/stats-glance-quantifying-wilforks-impact

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If so, state your case and if not, explain why.

I know he does play the nose tackle position but if J.J. Watt can be considered for MVP of the whole league, I dont see why Vince couldnt get the Defensive Player of the Year honor. I mean the guy does it all. Shows up every week and plays a high snap count and is the anchor of our Run defense as well as helping out on 3rd downs with pass rush the last couple years and I dont know any other lineman with the Size of a NT and Nimbleness of a Linebacker and smarts and instincts that our out of this world! It just really HIt me watching the game. I mean JJ Watt was all over the place and Hit Brady all day but obviously it want enough to make in impact as Brady still shredded their Defense.  So I say, why not VINCE???

[/QUOTE]

triple, i think vince should be in top 3 defensive mvp.

i dont think he will .... that will go to someone with "stats"

i had him co game mvp with brady last game (and comvp for season for us)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

interesting in that Vince had two passes knocked down on Monday and Watts ( alledgedly the swat king) had none.

I think he is top 3  but give the nod to Smith.  

however , another national game on Sunday where Vince will be playing against Smith. lets see what happens .

stats are misleading , sacks , swats come at different times in the game. Vince seems to make the play when it is needed.

Discount Brady  and  Vince is MVP Patriot

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.