Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD

A bye week is usually a good thing to have in the middle of the season. But, in the case of the 2009 Patriots, last weeks' bye seem to hurt them. They were on a roll, and were just beginning to look 2007-like crisp....til the bye seemingly slowed their momentum. The Pats reverted to having troubles in the redzone, settling for four FGs...which turned what should have been an easy win into a nail-biter. They can ill afford to settle for FGs next week in Indy. Here are my grades:

A.) OFFENSE: Consistently moved the ball. But, redzone difficulties made this a tougher win than it should have been.

1.) QB: The "Terrific One" posted good numbers, going 25/37 for 332 yards. But, 107 of those yards came on two highlight reel plays made by Randy Moss...as the dink and dunk was very much in vogue. The failure to finish drives that was so prevalent early in the season, reared its' ugly head this week...and could have cost the Patriots this game. Brady interception on the Pats' initial drive, and the 52 yard FG that followed, gave the 'Fins hope. Though Tom turned in a solid effort against a defense that, 2007 aside, has given him trouble over the years...he, along with the coaches, must accept the lion's share of the blame for the redzone failures:
    GRADE: B-;

2.) RBs: Workman-like performance by the overly criticized Laurence Maroney, who carried 20 times for 82 yards...just enough to keep the 'Fins' defense honest. Kevin Faulk chipped in with 4 receptions for 35 yards. 
    GRADE: B;

3.) OL: Protected Tom Brady well. Would like to see them be more physical at the point of attack on running plays. With Dolphins' NT Jesse Ferguson, and ILB Channing Crowder out, it seems that the Patriots should have been more successful running the ball than they were:

4.) WRs & TEs:
    Generally a good job of blocking by the TEs...and Ben Watson contributed in the passing game, with 4 catches for 49 yards. Another sensational game by Randy Moss against Miami, as he finished with 6 catches for 147 yards...including the two highlight reel plays discussed above. Wes Welker had his usual good "move the chains" game, with 9 catches for 84 yards. The Pats still lack a solid 3rd WR, as Sam Aiken returned to earth after his big game in London:
    GRADE: A;

B.) DEFENSE: Caged the "Cat" for most of the game...with the noticable exception of the two Miami TD drives. Though this unit allowed too many third down conversions, it managed to stop the Dolphins when needed in the 4th quarter.

1.) DL: No fancy stats, but controlled the "Cat". Though the Dolphins managed to rush for over 130 yards for the game, 35 of those came one one Pat White wildcat. Seemed to control the line of scrimmage, which in turn freed the LBs to make plays.

2.) LBs: Jarod Mayo is the Patriots' Patrick Willis...as he finished with a game high 12 tackles, 7 of which were solos. Fellow ILB Gary Guyton chipped in with 5 tackles (4 solos), and OLBs Tully Banta-Cain (9 tackles/5 solos) and Adalius Thomas (4 tacles, 2 solos, and a sack) made plays throughout the day.
    GRADE: A-;

3.) SECONDARY: Brandon McGowan is proving to be one of the free agent steals of the offseason...as he was in on 11 tackles, 8 solos. A solid day of tackling by this unit, as Darius Butler, Leigh Bodden, Brandon Meriweather, and Patrick Chung  combined for 19 tackles, including 15 solos...and a sack (by Chung). I've seen a marked improvement in the play of Chung over the past two games. No big pass plays allowed...but thats' kind of expected against the Wizards of the Wildcat.
    GRADE: B+;

C.) SPECIAL TEAMS:
    Kept Jets buster Ted Ginn under control. It could be that the Patriots have found their own Ted Ginn in KR/WR Brandon Tate, who averaged over 30 yards on two chances. Tate bears watching. Outstanding 4/4 day for "The Ghost", who put the game out of the Dolphins' reach late in the 4th quarter. Punter is still a question mark:
    GRADE: B+;

D.) COACHING: 
    BB and his band of brothers had two weeks to prepare for the "Wildcat". Save for a couple of long-"cat" TD drives, one of which was fueled by the aforementioned 35 yard Pat White run, BB and his staff were able to cage it. Granted, though the Dolphins are an underrated team, the Pats' lack of success in the redzone must be addressed...and solved by next Sunday.
    GRADE: B-;

E.) PLAY OF THE GAME: 
    The 71 yard catch and, mostly run, by Randy Moss;

F.) GAME BALL: 
    Randy Moss.

Here are the game stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291108017 
        Oh...incidently, Dolphins' LB Joey Porter failed to make the stat sheet. I guess Porter used up all of his energy smack-talking before the game...LOL!!

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Just a minor correction. One of the TD drives wasn't in Wildcat. I am pretty sure I remember that when Pat White was Qb-ing they were running the option offense.

Miami got a TD out of that formation, but NE shut it down later on. Looks like they shot their wad of trick plays this season. If they run the option next time, I hope NE just decks White.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I thought Meriweather had a horrible game, he needs to go back to tackling 101, Springs equally unimpressive, love McGowan and Bodden was ok, i give the unit a C as a whole. Better shore up the tackling next week meri.

Play of the game = Chung, that was a sack and not a penalty, i loved seeing the back of Hennes head hit his own a s s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]Just a minor correction. One of the TD drives wasn't in Wildcat. I am pretty sure I remember that when Pat White was Qb-ing they were running the option offense. Miami got a TD out of that formation, but NE shut it down later on. Looks like they shot their wad of trick plays this season. If they run the option next time, I hope NE just decks White.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Technically, you're right. But White is just a part of the gadget type schemes Miami runs to compensate for not having a major league QB, and any deep threat WRs.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD :      Technically, you're right. But White is just a part of the gadget type schemes Miami runs to compensate for not having a major league QB, and any deep threat WRs.    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I agree. It seems the option is another wrinkle in their overall play to strength offense. And, you forgot that it takes advantage of their two excellent rbs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD :      Technically, you're right. But White is just a part of the gadget type schemes Miami runs to compensate for not having a major league QB, and any deep threat WRs.    

Indeed it is.

The irony is, if Miami got a credible QB, they would stop these formations, simply because it would make no sense to take him out of the game froma tactical perspective, and it would make no sense to expose him to massive hits in the option from a player health perspective.

White was probably stoked to be 'involved,' but it is a lack of respect. If Miami had plans on using him as a real QB, they wouldn't dare run him in the option. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I really didn't like the 3rd down defense.  If it wasn't 3rd and forever, they gave it up.  They also can't generate a pass rush by winning one-on-one battles.  They seem to rely on exotic blitz schemes to generate pressure, and you only have so many of those to use each game before it becomes something that's recognizable either on film or from memory.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex,

You have obviously watched every Pats game closely.  The Red Zone nightmare happened again today, the stats shows 1 - 4 success rate.  Just what is it about the Pats offense in which they can drive 50 -60 yards downfield into the red zone and suddenly bog down?  Play calling changes dramatically?  Don't stick with the plays that got them into the red zone in the first place?  Trying too hard to get the TD on the first chance in the red zone?  What have you seen?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

good analysis TEX

however you sound a little dissapointed in the overall performance. I agree that the pats were'nt "clicking on all cylinders" but i had a good feeling today would be a close game despite the pats coming off a bye week. The dolphins have basicaly tried to build a team, and a scheme that can defeat the Patriots. I think it was a classic AFC east battle. Im happy the pats pulled it out, this is a big confidence builder heading into Indy. The pats didnt play flawless, which gives BB alot of leverage coming into practice this week. "we need to execute in the red area, we need to tackle better" lol thats what the patriots are goin to hear all week.

i like our chances @ INDY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, You have obviously watched every Pats game closely.  The Red Zone nightmare happened again today, the stats shows 1 - 4 success rate.  Just what is it about the Pats offense in which they can drive 50 -60 yards downfield into the red zone and suddenly bog down?  Play calling changes dramatically?  Don't stick with the plays that got them into the red zone in the first place?  Trying too hard to get the TD on the first chance in the red zone?  What have you seen?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    Law Firm should have caught a TD pass in the endzone, but dropped it. It's a mix of things. Sometimes it's a bad pass, sometimes it's a dropped ball, and sometimes it's the playcalling. You'd think they would have it worked out by now but it's still somewhat an issue. They are getting better.

This team is really starting to get it going on offense. Hopefully by the end of the season we fix the red zone issues and everything starts to click. If we go into the playoffs hot with our offense in top form, we have a great chance at a superbowl win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I thought Maroney was phenomenal today.  The Dolphins play tough, physical defense, and he accumulated a good portion of his yards by putting his head down and initiating contact with defenders.  Basically played the opposite way from what he is normally criticized for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Red Zone Excellence will be the last thing to come around for this team. The Red Zone is the most difficult place to execute for an offense...

i totally disagree that the bye "seem to hurt them" that`s crazy. Any team needs rest and to have it just before the "hot part" of the schedule is gonna the huge.

Miami DB´s did some nice plays on some "TB12" passes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Maroney was phenomenal today.  The Dolphins play tough, physical defense, and he accumulated a good portion of his yards by putting his head down and initiating contact with defenders.  Basically played the opposite way from what he is normally criticized for.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

I agree, maroney actually looked like a NFL feature back today, although he missed several opportunities to bounce it outside when the initial hole just wasn't there. Where's this type of performance been for three years? As long as he keeps it up, all is forgiven.

Loved watching our rookie sea bass handle taylor and make a fool out of motor-mouth porter! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Good report guys.  I'll be watching the game in about 5 hours out here (replay) so I'll get to see for myself.

You know, I think its kind of hard to grade the Pats (at least the defense) on a game against the Fins and their Wildcat.  It's just such a different type of play so in a sense the Pats have to do things differently IMO.

Winning by double digits is what most of us called and expected so I think they need to just move on to Indy.

But again - good stuff on the report card and comments!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]     A bye week is usually a good thing to have in the middle of the season. But, in the case of the 2009 Patriots, last weeks' bye seem to hurt them. They were on a roll, and were just beginning to look 2007-like crisp....til the bye seemingly slowed their momentum. The Pats reverted to having troubles in the redzone, settling for four FGs...which turned what should have been an easy win into a nail-biter. They can ill afford to settle for FGs next week in Indy. Here are my grades:      A.) OFFENSE: Consistently moved the ball. But, redzone difficulties made this a tougher win than it should have been. 1.) QB: The "Terrific One" posted good numbers, going 25/37 for 332 yards. But, 107 of those yards came on two highlight reel plays made by Randy Moss...as the dink and dunk was very much in vogue. The failure to finish drives that was so prevalent early in the season, reared its' ugly head this week...and could have cost the Patriots this game. Brady interception on the Pats' initial drive, and the 52 yard FG that followed, gave the 'Fins hope. Though Tom turned in a solid effort against a defense that, 2007 aside, has given him trouble over the years...he, along with the coaches, must accept the lion's share of the blame for the redzone failures: GRADE: B-; 2.) RBs: Workman-like performance by the overly criticized Laurence Maroney, who carried 20 times for 82 yards...just enough to keep the 'Fins' defense honest. Kevin Faulk chipped in with 4 receptions for 35 yards.  GRADE: B; 3.) OL: Protected Tom Brady well. Would like to see them be more physical at the point of attack on running plays. With Dolphins' NT Jesse Ferguson, and ILB Channing Crowder out, it seems that the Patriots should have been more successful running the ball than they were: GRADE: B;   4.) WRs & TEs: Generally a good job of blocking by the TEs...and Ben Watson contributed in the passing game, with 4 catches for 49 yards. Another sensational game by Randy Moss against Miami, as he finished with 6 catches for 147 yards...including the two highlight reel plays discussed above. Wes Welker had his usual good "move the chains" game, with 9 catches for 84 yards. The Pats still lack a solid 3rd WR, as Sam Aiken returned to earth after his big game in London: GRADE: A;      B.) DEFENSE: Caged the "Cat" for most of the game...with the noticable exception of the two Miami TD drives. Though this unit allowed too many third down conversions, it managed to stop the Dolphins when needed in the 4th quarter.   1.) DL: No fancy stats, but controlled the "Cat". Though the Dolphins managed to rush for over 130 yards for the game, 35 of those came one one Pat White wildcat. Seemed to control the line of scrimmage, which in turn freed the LBs to make plays. GRADE: B; 2.) LBs: Jarod Mayo is the Patriots' Patrick Willis...as he finished with a game high 12 tackles, 7 of which were solos. Fellow ILB Gary Guyton chipped in with 5 tackles (4 solos), and OLBs Tully Banta-Cain (9 tackles/5 solos) and Adalius Thomas (4 tacles, 2 solos, and a sack) made plays throughout the day. GRADE: A-; 3.) SECONDARY: Brandon McGowan is proving to be one of the free agent steals of the offseason...as he was in on 11 tackles, 8 solos. A solid day of tackling by this unit, as Darius Butler, Leigh Bodden, Brandon Meriweather, and Patrick Chung  combined for 19 tackles, including 15 solos...and a sack (by Chung). I've seen a marked improvement in the play of Chung over the past two games. No big pass plays allowed...but thats' kind of expected against the Wizards of the Wildcat. GRADE: B+;      C.) SPECIAL TEAMS: Kept Jets buster Ted Ginn under control. It could be that the Patriots have found their own Ted Ginn in KR/WR Brandon Tate, who averaged over 30 yards on two chances. Tate bears watching. Outstanding 4/4 day for "The Ghost", who put the game out of the Dolphins' reach late in the 4th quarter. Punter is still a question mark: GRADE: B+;      D.) COACHING:  BB and his band of brothers had two weeks to prepare for the "Wildcat". Save for a couple of long-"cat" TD drives, one of which was fueled by the aforementioned 35 yard Pat White run, BB and his staff were able to cage it. Granted, though the Dolphins are an underrated team, the Pats' lack of success in the redzone must be addressed...and solved by next Sunday. GRADE: B-;      E.) PLAY OF THE GAME:  The 71 yard catch and, mostly run, by Randy Moss ;      F.) GAME BALL:  Randy Moss.     Here are the game stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291108017       Oh...incidently, Dolphins' LB Joey Porter failed to make the stat sheet. I guess Porter used up all of his energy smack-talking before the game...LOL!!      Thoughts?        

Hi Texas:

Thanks for your weekly report cards.

Here are a few things that stood out for me..

1. Brady to Moss connection - not the 70+ YAC by Moss, but the first one - a 30+ yard throw. Yes, it was a brilliant one-handed grab by Moss, but Brady had perfect timing on that throw - looks like that is coming back.
    2. Sea-Bass - great protection for Brady.
    3. Maroney - hard running - did not see much of stutter step

4. Defense - but for the wildcat and pistol formations (which they adjusted for later in the game), I thought we played ok. Pat Chung's sack was a thing of beauty !!! 

Yes, we need to get better to have a shot at Colts and Saints - on red zone offense and on pass rush and a 3rd receiver, but I am EXCITED about the 2009 NE Patriots !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

to generous with the defense.there was hardly any pressure,the secondary got lit up by henne?a rookie qb named white scorches them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Not having a major league Qb? You're completely off with this statement. You can't possibly tell me Henne doesn't have his hands tied throwing to those receivers. The Dolphins obviously don't have a go to receiver which obviously hurts them. You can't be serious with this statement. I don't care if you're Joe Montana in his prime..Miami's receiving core might be the worst in the league. Henns consistantly makes the throws he has to...I blame the coaching staff for not allowing him to get in some kind of rhythm. Once he gets clicking they take him out and put in the wildcat. That's difficult for ANY qb.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Not having a major league Qb? You're completely off with this statement.

RESPONSE: Perfect One, what evidence do you have to back up your statement that Henne is the real  deal? While I'll concede that he's not another John Beck (who, along with Donte' Culpepper, you once touted as the 'Fins' savior), theres' no track record to show that Henne is anything special, at this stage of his career.   

You can't possibly tell me Henne doesn't have his hands tied throwing to those receivers. The Dolphins obviously don't have a go to receiver which obviously hurts them. You can't be serious with this statement.

RESPONSE: True, WR is a major weakness. On the other hand, teams are so geared to stop the run/Wildcat, that Henne is facing defenses that dare him to throw. Eight or even nine in the box alignments should make it easier for Henne to be successful, when he does throw.    

I don't care if you're Joe Montana in his prime..Miami's receiving core might be the worst in the league.

RESPONSE: Oh please. Great QBs make their receivers look good. Look what Tom Brady accomplished with the likes of David Givens, an aging Troy Brown, David Patton, Reche Caldwell, and Jabar Gaffney.

Henns consistantly makes the throws he has to...I blame the coaching staff for not allowing him to get in some kind of rhythm.

RESPONSE: How dare you blame Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano, and their coaching staff for anything? Two short years ago, the Dolphins were the laughing stock of the NFL. What Parcells and Sparano were able to accomplish after one offseason was nothing short of miraculous...as they turned a 1-15 band of clowns into an 11-5 divisional champion.  

Once he gets clicking they take him out and put in the wildcat. That's difficult for ANY qb.

RESPONSE: The Wildcat has been very good for the Dolphins. It has allowed the team to maximize their strengths on offense. Evidently, Parcells and Sparano aren't as sold  on Henne as you are...as they currently see running the "Cat" , rather than relying on Henne's arm, as the best way for them to win. With all due respect, Perfect One, Parcells and Sparano know more about the game, and their players, than you and I combined.  

Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, You have obviously watched every Pats game closely.  The Red Zone nightmare happened again today, the stats shows 1 - 4 success rate.  Just what is it about the Pats offense in which they can drive 50 -60 yards downfield into the red zone and suddenly bog down?  Play calling changes dramatically?  Don't stick with the plays that got them into the red zone in the first place?  Trying too hard to get the TD on the first chance in the red zone?  What have you seen?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Don't commit foolish false starts/holding penalties...like the Giants did yesterday against San Diego. That holding penalty doomed them to a FG, and, in essence, cost them their game.

The Patriots are not a particularly physical offensive team. Their OL is geared to protect the passer, rather than playing smash-mouth football. The Pats lack a big, physical RB, like an Antwain Smith, or Corey Dillon...who can bull their way into the endzone.

As a result, the Pats usually have to pass to score their TDs. In the redzone, theres' less space to operate...and CBs don't have to worry about Randy Moss breaking free behind them. So...Moss is usually double teamed, and tightly covered. The only play that seems to work on a regular basis is when Brady lobs a pass to Moss in the corner of the endzone...or slants, leading to short gains over the middle, or a pick to free a receiver. 

What to do? I would suggest trying to involve the TEs more. Perhaps a two TE offense, with Chris Baker and Ben Watson. Baker, Watson, and Moss are big targets. Delays/draw plays to Kevin Faulk have served the Pats well over the years. They might also try a swing pass/screen to Faulk or Maroney, to combat redzone blitzes.       

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]to generous with the defense.there was hardly any pressure,the secondary got lit up by henne?a rookie qb named white scorches them.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]

The Pats were perfectly content with letting Chad Henne try to beat them. The top priority was to cage the Wildcat...which, for the most part, the "D" accomplished.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD : I agree, maroney actually looked like a NFL feature back today, although he missed several opportunities to bounce it outside when the initial hole just wasn't there. Where's this type of performance been for three years? 

RESPONSE: The Dolphins, especially with NT Jason Ferguson, and ILB Channing Crowder out, are vunerable against the run. You saw what Maroney is capable of, when given some room to run, for a change. 
         The Pats must be able to run the ball at least as well against Indy, if they hope to beat the Colts.

Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD :
    Please Tex...perfect example of what I'm talking about is the drop by Hartline and the drop by Ginn on 4th down. Please take off your red, white,and blue glasses and admit Henne is a quality qb. I understand you really hate the dolphins but at least admit Henne has huge potential. Those receivers you listed btw are also much better than what Miami has now. The pats did stack the box which you would think open up the passing game..but, if your receivers aren't getting seperation or dropping balls it won't matter. When Henne started to get into a rhythm they took him out for the wildcat. It drives me crazy with this team. It's going to limit Hennes progress..you and I both know this..Miami's a very young team but they are showing progress which you would never admit. Also,those 2 corners are going to be good for a very long time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]good analysis TEX however you sound a little dissapointed in the overall performance. I agree that the pats were'nt "clicking on all cylinders" but i had a good feeling today would be a close game despite the pats coming off a bye week. The dolphins have basicaly tried to build a team, and a scheme that can defeat the Patriots. I think it was a classic AFC east battle. Im happy the pats pulled it out, this is a big confidence builder heading into Indy. The pats didnt play flawless, which gives BB alot of leverage coming into practice this week. "we need to execute in the red area, we need to tackle better" lol thats what the patriots are goin to hear all week. i like our chances @ INDY
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed in the Pats' performance, even though they won. After all, these weren't the Steelers or Saints that they were facing. This game was too close for comfort. But for the redzone trouble, it would have been an easy win. I was also disappointed seeing Brady throw that early pick...which gave the Dolphins hope of competing.

The Pats' will lose in Indy if they settle for FGs. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more comments on the Pats/'Fins. Fan comments to the article are, as usual, entertaining...LOL!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/09/week-nine-morning-aftermath-patriots-27-dolphins-17/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dolphins @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Please Tex...perfect example of what I'm talking about is the drop by Hartline and the drop by Ginn on 4th down. Please take off your red, white,and blue glasses and admit Henne is a quality qb. I understand you really hate the dolphins but at least admit Henne has huge potential. Those receivers you listed btw are also much better than what Miami has now. The pats did stack the box which you would think open up the passing game..but, if your receivers aren't getting seperation or dropping balls it won't matter. When Henne started to get into a rhythm they took him out for the wildcat. It drives me crazy with this team. It's going to limit Hennes progress..you and I both know this..Miami's a very young team but they are showing progress which you would never admit. Also,those 2 corners are going to be good for a very long time.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Perfect72...I read your first post & wanted to comment on Henne too.  I am a DIE HARD Pats fan and I live down in FL now & try to see the Fins games every week too (record them if they play the same time the Pats do). Henne has the potential to be the real deal in Miami! I visited a friend today who is a diehard Dolphins fan & we had a constructive conversation about the Fins.  I told him I felt bad for Henne because the Miami coaches aren't allowing him to get into any type of rythem because they keep taking him out to do the wildcat.  Though it seems o work now & again, you can see Henne steaming on the sidelines & if I was him, I would be too!!!  Also my friend wants Ginn to hang himself, lol! We both agreed that Ginn needs to ONLy be a return man for them & then an optional 4th or 5th receiver UNTIL he's practiced enough catches to not drop possible game winning balls.  BLAME Spurano for ill using his QB!

SORRY...Anyway, on the PATS!

The biggest disappointemnt I have seen the past couple games is even though Randy Moss had another great game, he is also NOT adjusting or fighting to win the matchup to catch the ball! Especially when Tom Brady is a little off target! I hate watching the replay & seeing Moss's hands on his side, waiting for the ball to drop into his hands, just like the int at the beginning of the game.  I'm NOT hating on Randy Moss, because I love him as a wide receiver, but there are times I do feel he gets lazy or too comfortable playing with Ton Brady as QB.