Dolphins Merling Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Dolphins Merling Done

In Response to Dolphins Merling Done:
    When you take a look at the thuggery down in Miami, it gets hotter by the day. Just recently, Brian Hartline was involved in a hit and run, and he, too, may face charges.   his is on top of Brandon Marshall's rap sheet and who knows what else because of the character issues on Parcells built teams. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/07/19/dolphins.merling.ap/index.html
    Posted by russgriswold

That looks like a 4-game suspension, regardless of the verdict.

Miami is approaching Bengals territory

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

crusty, you are laughable

A. merling never had a hint of an attitude problem before the incident...sometimes things happen...it would be wise for the phins to cut him and move on...which im sure is coming just the same
    B. brian hartline was on vacation when a relative took his vehicle and then got into a accident with it, abandoned the vehicle and ran
    C. have fun trying to and failing to stop brandon marshall

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Say what you want, Jack, but Parcells has a record of building teams with character issues. I don't remember the last team he coached that didn't have locker room issues. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done:
    Say what you want, Jack, but Parcells has a record of building teams with character issues. I don't remember the last team he coached that didn't have locker room issues. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I could care less if his teams arent eligible for choir practice...as a long, suffering phins fan...i just want wins dammit!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Oh Jimmy my friend I will have a blast trying to defend Marshall I will also have a blast when he at some point either this year or in the future makes a mistake and gets himself suspended which is bound to happen. I dont say this because i hate the phins I have a lot of respect for the phins I didnt like Marshall when he was with Denver so this is not "let's take a shot at a dolphins any dolphin" situation its a Marshall is a scum bag situation. And I doubt they cut Merling wasn't he a 2nd round pick?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

come on dude, you are better than this...its like you are hoping he gets suspended...

look...if there was another great WR in the prime of his career available for two 2nd round picks...im sure the phins would have jumped at xyz choir boy WR over marshall...but none such player was to be found...so they went with marshall and if parcells believes in him...then i must follow suit...one would assume you dont hand out that kind of a contract without making sure and doing your homework...something i think bill took care of...

as for merling...well the phins had no problem trading Ginn for a 5th rounder...a huge loss in value...screw up on or off the field and parcells gets rid of you too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : I could care less if his teams arent eligible for choir practice...as a long, suffering phins fan...i just want wins dammit!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

How many playoff games have Parcells' ran teams won since Belichick left him in NY? Hmm... =/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : How many playoff games have Parcells' ran teams won since Belichick left him in NY? Hmm... =/
    Posted by 49Patriots

irregardless...the man can put a winning football team together and that is undebatable

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Yea but Merling has a future in this league and Ginn doesnt that's the difference. And like I said bro I dont like Marshal it has nothing to do with the phins and I do hope he gets suspended. Guys like him who get into the league and then start beating their girlfriends make me sick and i think they shouldnt even be allowed to play at all. If he was a Pat I promise you i would feel the same way. My only point here Jimmy is he is not a good person, he is a very good football player so I mean if you can root for a guy like that go ahead but I am a fan of the Tedy Bruschi's of the world, the guys that play hard and live classy i like blue color players. But who knows maybe Ricky smokes a bliz with him before each game and keeps the kid relaxed lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

i disagree with your first sentence as there are generally always a team willing to take a chance on a WR that can run like the wind...as where merling hasnt dont much on the field and now his record off it isnt very good either

as for marshall...he says he has changed...the girl he got into altercations with is now his wife and apparently are getting along alot better...he has said and done all the right things since arriving in town and i have to give him the benefit of the doubt...

but its absolutely crazy talk to say you wouldnt root for him if he was on the pats...i mean if Adalious thomas went on a sack crazy tear after ripping BB last year...are you really going to try to tell me that you would be thinking "oh man im glad we got the sack but i wish it was anyone but that insufferable AT"?...because that would be a story i would refuse to buy...kinda like crusty implying that he is a long-time pats fan...i just wouldnt believe it...

as for the hoping he gets suspended part? thats weak...i hope the pats are at full strength when the phins whip em...makes me feel all the better when crusty cant use any injury excuses like he likes to pull out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : irregardless...the man can put a winning football team together and that is undebatable
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

The man can put together a winning football team with Belichick involved in the loop. And it's regardless, irregardless is not a word. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : The man can put together a winning football team with Belichick involved in the loop. And it's regardless, irregardless is not a word. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

he has built several playoff teams and yes, it is a word...its an adverb although its generally not used very much in everyday conversation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Jimmy I dont wish for him to be suspended because I dont want to face the Phins at 100% I feel that way cause I think guys like that should be out of football. I dont think Stallworth, Pacman, or any of them should be allowed to play the game. I dont care how much talent they have. And if AT had been busted beating on his wife I would cheer for him. Im sorry you dont buy that but I hold these guys to a high standard and beating on girls is not something a pro football player should be doing. He might be doing all the right stuff now but I dont care. I know I being extreme about this but i am consistent, I feel the same way about anyone. You might not believe this but if Tom Brady got arrested for beating his wife tomorrow I would be calling for his job the next day. I love Brady but like I said I wont stand for it no matter who it is. I am not full of sh*t man I try and be straight with all you guys so if you think this is BS sorry you think that but i dont like thugs in pro sports.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

look, ordinarily id agree with everything you just posted here...but the girl in question married the man...so whatever troubles they had in the past...are in the past and they are moving on...he doesnt have any convictions(something steinbrenner couldnt say) and thus far...has been a model citizen in miami...sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a person and i hope this is the case here

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

So you really think that Denver was just a place full of trouble waiting to happen for Marshall but Miami is a Jesus fest where nothing but good things happen? come on man, he is in a place where he is a suspension waiting to happen.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

A. professional athletes get into trouble everywhere...lots of money+youth+time on hands will always = trouble
    B. the recent rash of legal troubles for the phins is not a long standing trend and last time i checked...south beach was around before 1966...meaning that the city of miami has little to do with the legal problems of its football players and everything to do with individuals not taking responsibility for their own actions
    C. if you think that brandon marshall marrying the girl he had problems with is irrelevant and that its not possible for a person to change...then i wish to no longer discuss this matter with you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Sounds like Merling maybe on the way out with the Fish. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/19/as-battery-case-proceeds-merling-on-thin-ice-with-dolphins/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

look...i dont care for merling...never have, never will...if he is guilty...ill put my boot up his as.s on the way out the door

but in looking at BM's record...i see alot of cop run-ins, a plea bargin and the incident with his then gf, the charges were dropped the following day

now you can say...oh well the gf had the charges dropped...and she may well have tried...but the DA also must have felt there wasnt enough to charge him on or else the DA would have continued with the case...ie...there is no proof of anything

so you pats fans can sit here and banter and shake yourselves congrats on your valiant prediction that marshall will run a-foot of the law and get suspended...but until such an event happens...you are acting like small children hoping the teacher gets sick and you can take advantage of the substitute

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

Anyone who hits a pregnant woman is a pig and should be banned from the league [ or simply kicked off the team], period.
          As for Marshall, those blasting him seem to have forgotten the 'character issues' surrounding Moss, whose play and behavior at Oakland was pathetic. Marshall has been a dick at times but still managed to average 100 catches a year and can take over a game [ 20 plus catches vs. the Colts last year].

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Yea well Jimmy I would feel the same way if he played for some NFC team that I didnt give a damn about. You keep assuming that im only bashing him cause he is now on a div rival but the fact is i have been bashing him since before he was a dolphin and im going to stop now simply because now he is on the phins and I want to play them at 100%. I think guys like him should be working at Burger King not making millions of dollars. It has nothing to do with the Phins bro, dont take this the wrong way but i dont sweat your team enough to start wishing someone gets hurt or whatever. I just do not like thugs in football.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

ok...but there is no legal proof that the guy did anything wrong...other than a plea bargin on a moving violation

hate him all you want...but if you are hating him for something he didnt do...then you are acting like a fool...and when calling him a thug...an even bigger fool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : Agreed. "Luxury is only temporary". Jimmy Jack is naive.
    Posted by russgriswold

luxury is only temporary? is that like saying all good things must come to an end? maybe like dynasties?

naive? maybe...but at least im not a laughing stock homer like yourself that only started being a football fan when your team finally won something after 40 years of futility

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

JimmyJack,  Funny a Dolphins fan talking about futility.  The Patriots have been to the Super Bowl 6 times (winning 3) since the Dolphins last made an appearance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

And your team is entering it's 40th year of futility. Meanwhile, since the late 70s, I have family sitting on season tickets. You weren't even born yet. Heck, ,you never even saw the Dolphins get pasted in SB 19! lmao And yes, "luxury is temporary, then it's gone" is a lyric from a song. I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that, little guy. Brandon Marshall has bi-polar disorder and is on South Beach now with pressure to win.  Not the best recipe.  Expect issues.
    Posted by russgriswold

im talking about the 40 years in which the pats were not only doormats...but 1 or 2 win per season doormats

congrats...you qouted a song...there are millions of songs...do you expect me to listen to hannah montana like you do?

brandon marshall is bi-polar? so not only do you know that ronnie brown is paying off public officials (which must include goodell) to not only avoid trouble in miami but also avoid suspension and now brandon marshall is bi-polar...so you have access to his medical records too? damn crusty, you get around on that little bicycle of yours dont you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

What about the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1933-1972 as more than doormats than any other franchise through that point in NFL history?  I bet you never though of that, did you, little dork? You don't even know history or context.  Are we supposed to attempt to put down the 70s Steelers accomplishments because they stunk for 40 years? At least NE went to a SB in 1985, beating Miami. What has Miami done since then? Do you know how many teams were "doormats" in the AFL transferring into the AFC?  Do you know anything at all? lol Facts do not like trolls and trolls do not like facts. Since the salary cap took effect in 1993, a cap league meant to promote competition and parity, how many playoff wins has Miami even had? How many division titles?
    Posted by russgriswold

great for the steelers...we are talking about the pats and the phins...two teams that entered the league semi close to each other (pats 1960 and phins in 66)
    and actually...i see a ton of people put down the accomplishments of the steelers...with roid rage of the 70's teams, to the officials giving them the seahawks superbowl to ben rapinburger...who cares about them?

and since 93, the phins have had several(not sure off the top of my head...maybe 5 or 6) playoff victories and 3 division titles...good enough for you crusty?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Did Brandon Marshall fight lead to fatal shooting?

Brandon Marshall was drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2006.  Later that year, Brandon Marshall was involved in an altercation at a Denver nightclub that former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker said contributed to a drive by shooting shortly after that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Brandon Marshall beats up girlfriend

Brandon Marshall attracted the police again in January 2007 following a fight with his father, who asked to borrow money, in the parking lot of a bowling alley in Orlando, Fla. Another police report was filed in March 2007 after his girlfriend Rasheedah Watley said Marshall threatened her with a lead pipe. A few days later, Marshall was arrested for domestic violence and false imprisonment for assaulting Watley at Marshall’s home in Denver. Charges were dismissed after Marshall attended anger management classes.

Brandon Marshall: so much for anger management

Brandon Marshall assaulted Watley again, according to police reports, in June 2007 when he allegedly cut her with a kitchen knife and punched her in the face. Marshall then rammed Watley’s friend’s car with his Cadillac Escalade. Once again, no charges were filed. A few weeks later, Atlanta police responded after Marshall missed a flight, blamed Watley and beat her up. No charges were filed. Atlanta police suggested that Watley should get a restraining order.

Brandon Marshall drinks and drives

Brandon Marshall got a DUI in Denver in October 2007. After several more reports of violence with Watley on the receiving end of the receiver’s wrath, Marshall was suspended for the first three regular season games of 2008. Eventually Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery for incidents in March 2007. He was sentenced to a year probation for his DUI in September 2008.

Brandon Marshall assaults his fiance

Brandon Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell in February of 2009, compelling several sports writers to praise Marshall for his “maturity.” A few months later Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for assaulting his fiance in public. The charges were dismissed. The Broncos suspended Marshall for several games last season and he was benched for the final game.

hate him all you want...but if you are hating him for something he didnt do...then you are acting like a fool...and when calling him a thug...an even bigger fool

Jimmy, this is a quick snapshot of this guys record. I think it was Nick C who posted the entire thing and it was over 20 arrests. Now I know you'd sell your soul for a decent season and that's your decision but do me a favor will ya, don't sit here on a Pats board and tell us that he's not a F-ing bad guy! He's the worst thing for the NFL because all he does is teach kids that it's OK to do this crap.

He is one of the biggest thug dirtbags in the league and in my opinion not only should this guy not be playing football but he shouldn't be on the streets. What the hells the matter with you?

Guns, Knives, Lead Pipes, Fists, Cadillac Escalades, are you freaking kidding me? And you don't think this azzhole is going to do anything else?

Please come to your senses and tell us you're ignoring this thugs record for the W's and you're not really backing his character. Then you don't have to be the first one I've ever hit the ignore button for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

In Response to Re: Dolphins Merling Done : So, why mention NE being a "doormat" for 40 years when they have been a consistent high end performer within the last decade, unlike feeble, finesse Miami? It's 2010. Welcome to the cap era, a new decade and more Pats high end play, challenging for a playoff spot and SB berth.
    Posted by russgriswold

And remember a couple years back when they went from being "historic" to just "mediocre" by winning just 1 game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

look guys, im not painting the man out to be a saint...but facts are facts...and while where there is smoke...he is a free man who has done nothing in miami except what has been asked of him by the team

but i guess covers of books are much more interesting and telling here in NE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

As bad as things were for Phillip Merling, they just got worse...as Merlin has an achilles tendon injury: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/22/source-phillip-merling-has-an-achilles-tendon-injury/