Dolphins team to beat......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dolphins team to beat......

for Wallace.................

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed on SportsCenter Wednesday that the Dolphins are viewed as the favorites to land free agent Mike Wallace.

This has been the worst-kept secret of 2013 free agency. "A lot of people around the league believe that the Miami Dolphins are poised to make a major run at a player who many regard as the No. 1 free agent available," said Schefter, adding that the Dolphins are "desperate" for speed to surround Ryan Tannehill. "... A lot of people around the league believe the Dolphins are the team to beat."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Dolphins team to beat......

definitely misread this, i thought you were referring to divisional team to beat, which i would agree on.

but anyways, i dont think the pats will make much of a push for wallace unless they get desperate anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah I'm sure Wallace wants to be an also ran ! He's been playing for a perennial playoff team and the Fish are years away from the playoffs. Good luck with that Mike.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Seems like Miami will need to spend an awful lot of money and for what, a WR that will likely make too much money for his capabilities?  That Dolphins team has lots of holes to fill.  Wallace is a luxury for Miami in my opinion, but he could really help a team with cap space and a chance to win it all. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Oh no the Dolphins are going to over pay for a WR that is only good when his QB scrambles and who's numbers, all of them, have been on a steady decline...  Tongue Out

Is there any way we can pretend to be worried to make the Phins feel like they are making the right move here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Maybe he can play QB for them.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

No, you misunderstood or I am a poor writer.  I don't think Miami is poised to win.  Maybe they'll get there, but they are a few years away from even being competitive in the division. But I'm saying a team that is poised to win or on the right track (has cap space & a good QB -- Indy, Cincy...?) could be an interesting fit for Wallace.  I think Wallace is a luxury item in Miami, a splurge.  For the Dolphins to acquire Wallace at this point, it's like living a guy living in shanty town but driving a Porsche -- all flash but not much sense.      

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Seems like Miami will need to spend an awful lot of money and for what, a WR that will likely make too much money for his capabilities?  That Dolphins team has lots of holes to fill.  Wallace is a luxury for Miami in my opinion, but he could really help a team with cap space and a chance to win it all. 

You think Miam is poised to win it all?

Miami has always been chasing this kind of WR, but it's never worked. Their fans love the gimmicky, flashy kind of WR, so they go after those types.

Ted Ginn, Marshall, now Wallace.    They'll overpay on the market and it will hurt them once they're thinking they are in position to challenge NE in the division.

Think about it, they were just forced to deal Vontae Davis and they may not be able to keep Sean Smith.

Reggie Bush is gone which means Daniel Thomas is the lead back there?  Not good. I think they're a couple years away from being able to gauge if they have a SB contending team or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Miami has huge cap space. Expect more news like this.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Miami has huge cap space. Expect more news like this.

Yes they do and they just paid roughly $7 million for Hartline.  So I assume Wallace will want much more then that to go there after hearing the news about the Hartline contract.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who is throwing him the ball? Miami needs to fix it's QB situation or they will simply be an Arizona wasting a Fitzgerald.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Any more questions about two of the Pats' 10 guarandamnedteed wins every year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Who is throwing him the ball? Miami needs to fix it's QB situation or they will simply be an Arizona wasting a Fitzgerald.

Umm, Tannehill had a very good rookie year. It may not have been Russell Wilson good, but it was good.

Losing his LT and haveing no legit lead RB will hurt Tannehill (if not addressed properly), so Miami needs to be careful there.

Well...perhaps his shoulder issues in College set him back a bit. He's a work in progress but I guess we'll see year two. But yes you correct he could end up being worthy of the # 8 pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cap Space does not equal great players. It can mislead a team into cap hell if they sign players to gratuitous multi-year deals and overpay for limited production.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Yeah I'm sure Wallace wants to be an also ran ! He's been playing for a perennial playoff team and the Fish are years away from the playoffs. Good luck with that Mike.

That whould depend on his priorities. Money or ring

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Miami has cap space partly because they no longer are paying their LT, RB, #1S, #1CB, #1WR (shipped out last year), and their #2WR. They tagged their #1 DT so have 9M less cap space than they had on Sunday. It sounds like they will use another 6-7M of that space on their #2WR. By the time they sign a starting tackle and starting CB and starting safety they will be down another 15+M. They can just afford to sign Wallace in the 11M range but then they will be out of cap and may be short on money for the depth guys they want.

They do have 5 picks in the first three rounds so they should get some nice pieces in the draft as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Be interesting to see what/how Miami does going forward - they have a good young QB, a defense and cap space. I think if they can add Wallace, to go along with Hartline, things could get interesting down there. They have a home field advantage that few teams possess...early season heat that lasts through late October. I can't tell you how many times I thought we were the better team and we ended up melting in that heat down there. If they had a better team, they should win every home game until November.