Re: Dolphins Worst Unis In NFL?
posted at 8/5/2013 12:30 PM EDT
In response to russgriswold's comment:
Interesting. Skins are one of my favorites. Classic logo, great color scheme. Can't beat maroon.
In response to IrishMob7's comment:
Top 5 Best:
1. Pats (How can you not love the Red, White and Blue? I like the old helmet with Pat the Patriot logo better, though. If you don't like the Pats uniforms, you hate America)
2. Falcons (Black and Red are badazz)
3. Panthers (love the color combo and Panthers are awesome animals)
4. Bengals (Also a fan of black and orange. Reminds me of Woburn's colors, where my parents went to high school)
5. Raiders. Just a cool mascot and colors. Too bad they suck
Top 5 Worst
1. Browns (Don't know which is worse: the team, or their uniforms. At least the Raiders and Panthers look good when they suck)
2. Ravens (Any team with purple as a core color is digusting in my book. I do, however, like their all black uniforms)
3. Phins (Same reasons as noted by posters above)
4. Skins (have to constantly see these disgusting colors up here in Northern VA. Burgundy and Gold are atrocious. Couple that with the racist element in their name/logo and you have one of the worst uniforms in all of football)
5. Jets (Enough said)
Still shocked at the backlash with the blue collar, old school Browns unis. They've been the same essentially for like 70 years. A bedrock franchise, classic old school, simple unis.
The Jets newer unis which are the throwbacks are better than their lame 1980s and 1990s ones. The goofy Jets on the helmet with the airplane thingy was embarrassing.
Anyway, interesting to read people's takes. Looks like Muzzie and myself are the only true tradtionalists here.
I hate all new uni designs. They try too hard. I remember when Jax and Carolina came out in 1995 and that was on the heels of the big teal push in the late 1980s/early 1990s with the Charlotte Hornets and SJ Sharks.
I'd be pretty embarrassed if my team's colors were chosen specifically for marketing reasons.
One small piece of historical info that some may or may not know:
The Bruins were originally brown and gold. The team name was chosen mostly based off of Charles Adams's grocery store chain in New England. Coach Art Ross picked "Bruins" but it was pretty obvious Adams wanted something that tied into his grocery store chain based colors. The colors were brown and gold. It did not change to the more "tough" black and gold until later.
If you pair maroon with orange, then I would agree. hehe. But honestly, if I didn't live in the DC area, I probably wouldn't have so much disdain for their colors and the team in general.
Also, I'm not a big fan of the old Bruins brown jerseys. Black and Gold go much better together IMO. I do love the jerseys that are predominantly gold with brown and then white with brown, though. That's a cool story btw