Re: Dolphins Worst Unis In NFL?

These are still my favorite...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Top 5 Best:

1. Pats (How can you not love the Red, White and Blue?  I like the old helmet with Pat the Patriot logo better, though.  If you don't like the Pats uniforms, you hate America)

2. Falcons (Black and Red are badazz)

3. Panthers (love the color combo and Panthers are awesome animals)

4. Bengals (Also a fan of black and orange.  Reminds me of Woburn's colors, where my parents went to high school)

5. Raiders.  Just a cool mascot and colors.  Too bad they suck

Top 5 Worst

1. Browns (Don't know which is worse: the team, or their uniforms.  At least the Raiders and Panthers look good when they suck)

2. Ravens (Any team with purple as a core color is digusting in my book.  I do, however, like their all black uniforms)

3. Phins (Same reasons as noted by posters above)

4. Skins (have to constantly see these disgusting colors up here in Northern VA.  Burgundy and Gold are atrocious.  Couple that with the racist element in their name/logo and you have one of the worst uniforms in all of football)

5. Jets (Enough said)

Interesting.  Skins are one of my favorites.  Classic logo, great color scheme.  Can't beat maroon.

Still shocked at the backlash with the blue collar, old school Browns unis.  They've been the same essentially for like 70 years.  A bedrock franchise, classic old school, simple unis.

The Jets newer unis which are the throwbacks are better than their lame 1980s and 1990s ones.   The goofy Jets on the helmet with the airplane thingy was embarrassing.  

Anyway, interesting to read people's takes.  Looks like Muzzie and myself are the only true tradtionalists here. 

I hate all new uni designs.  They try too hard. I remember when Jax and Carolina came out in 1995 and that was on the heels of the big teal push in the late 1980s/early 1990s with the Charlotte Hornets and SJ Sharks.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if my team's colors were chosen specifically for marketing reasons.

One small piece of historical info that some may or may not know:

The Bruins were originally brown and gold.   The team name was chosen mostly based off of Charles Adams's grocery store chain in New England.  Coach Art Ross picked "Bruins" but it was pretty obvious Adams wanted something that tied into his grocery store chain based colors. The colors were brown and gold.    It did not change to the more "tough" black and gold until later.

[/QUOTE]

If you pair maroon with orange, then I would agree. hehe.  But honestly, if I didn't live in the DC area, I probably wouldn't have so much disdain for their colors and the team in general.   

Also, I'm not a big fan of the old Bruins brown jerseys.  Black and Gold go much better together IMO.  I do love the jerseys that are predominantly gold with brown and then white with brown, though.  That's a cool story btw

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yeah, I like some of the throwbacks but not all.  I have the Winter Classic throwback jersey.  This exact one actually:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The gold jersey is from the late 50s - late 60s, yes.  

I do like the retro jerseys as well as the Original 6 one.

My favorite jersey of all-time might be the Blackhawks.  Pick any era, they always nailed it.  Really, anything that incorporates that warrior/tomahawk/native american image into their uniform looks awesome.  I was actually up at a defense contractor tradeshow, for my internship, up in Johnstown, PA where they filmed Slapshot and I got the white Johnstown Tomahawk jersey.  It's pretty sick.  (FTR, that's not me.  lol only pic I could find of the white jersey)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

MIA's new logo looks like the result of some emerging hotshot in the marketing department, who wanted to have an item on his/resume saying he/she drove a $1 million rebranding effort for the dolphins. 

The logo looks lame. The old dolphin looks more aggressive on the old one. It would not surprise me if they did focus groups on it and they learned the dolphin in the new logo looks happier. That's probably what the logo change proponent told whomever approved the spending. Well, I guess it makes sense if they are trying to make the team appeal to a wider audience - never mind alienating the fans they already have.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I'm not sure how they make uniform decisions among the different teams....but I have to say whoever came up with the jersey design last year that had several teams appear to be wearing formal collars should be fired. It amazes me that people are getting paid money to make such ridiculous decisions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Among unis leaning on the contemporary side of the design spectrum, I like the Seahawks'. I like the color scheme - the shade of blue and the neon accent (particularly because it was Branch who started that trend in that team). However, I do hate the versions that over do the neon. Neon should be a a tiny accent on their uni. Too much of it makes the whole thing ugly.

I don't know if everyone will agree that the Cowboys' design is old school, but that would be my vote for old school unis.

If I may extend it beyond the NFL, I really like Oregon's mate black helmet. I thought that looked really nasty. I don't care for the chrome ones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

BTW, I also like Pitt having one color scheme across Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Agreed. I also wonder how people who come up with commercial ideas on tv can keep their jobs. They're just awful these days minus the Geico or Direct TV ones.

I would love to know how someone thought that putting David Hasselhoff on the Cumberland Farms commercial was a good idea. By far the dumbest most ridiculous commericial on TV. If you haven't seen it, be glad.....trust me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Let's see: Miami a potential threat to the Pats this year.

Ravens beat the Pats last year.

Denver a definite threat to represent the AFC in the SB this year.

I see where you are going with this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed. I also wonder how people who come up with commercial ideas on tv can keep their jobs. They're just awful these days minus the Geico or Direct TV ones.

I would love to know how someone thought that putting David Hasselhoff on the Cumberland Farms commercial was a good idea. By far the dumbest most ridiculous commericial on TV. If you haven't seen it, be glad.....trust me.

[/QUOTE]

I saw that. It was more disturbing than the video of him drunk eating a hamburger on the floor

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Ugliest:

Current- Broncos

Throwback- Steelers

Best:

Current- Patriots (wish they'd work the old logo into the new uniforms and get rid of the flying elvis though)

Throwback- Patriots

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

best current is 49ers

best throwback is Pats

uggliest current is Titans, just an overall mess with color and logo

uggliest throwback is Steelers, jail unis...enough said

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure how they make uniform decisions among the different teams....but I have to say whoever came up with the jersey design last year that had several teams appear to be wearing formal collars should be fired. It amazes me that people are getting paid money to make such ridiculous decisions.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Snuffys trimphant return ! http://youtu.be/2YQBulqQSNw

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Browns? Not for me. Love the old school approach. Blue collar colors. Brown and sort of a burnt orange.

I hate Balt's colors.  The numbers are also so bad. The logo on the helmet is the capper. It looks ridiculous.

Then again, I always liked brown for a football uni.  The Wyoming Cowboys uni I always thought was bad asz.

In general,  I don't like modern, arena league looking unis and that's what Baltimore, Denver and now Miami's have in common.

LOL @ Miami's offense.  They're talking about how poor Martin is at LT for Miami already. 

The Pats uniforms are heavily influenced by the Broncos uniform change in the late nineties.

What?

No, they're not. Denver changed theirs in 1997. The Flying Elvis came out in 1993.

Please learn facts and don't try to get cute with trolling.

Our unis are clean looking and solid.  They're not too busy nor do they look like an Arena League uni.

What are talking about the Pats used a two tone blue for home and a two tone white for the road and once wear a two toned red. In 2000 they switched to the current look a one toned with the solid strip of blue down accented by red the side on home and away. Hmm which team in 1997 introduced a white road jersey with a solid blue stripe accented by orange?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The idea was to make you remember it and hopefully talk about it.

Pretty good ad in my eyes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My worst

1. Arizona Cardinals

2. Cleveland Browns

3. Dolphins

4. Vikings

5. Bucs

Favorites

1. Chicago

2. NE

3. Raiders

4. Chiefs

5. Redskins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My top 5 best and worst-looking uniforms (not in order):

Best:

1. Chargers (like the current ones but the powder blues are even better)

2. Packers

3. Steelers (excluding the throwbacks)

4. Falcons

5. Vikings (I'm not a big fan of purple uniforms, but IMO the Vikings found a way to make it work)

For the record, I'd put the Patriots at 6 or 7 in terms of looks.

Worst (again, not in order):

1. Cardinals

2. Browns

3. Broncos

4. Dolphins

5. Jets