Donald Jones Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Donald Jones Signed

In response to TripleOG's comment:

love it! Nice, young Wr who would be better than any prospect this year due to his experience and high football IQ as Rusty has pointed out. Anyone that doesnt like deal is crazy. Its a huge upgrade from Branch who couldnt even get open last year. Can play slot or outside and can be a # 2 WR.

The timing of this signing means LLoyd is done and they got Jones on a decent contract!

Great!  Eng, time for you to shut it and start looking at your draft prospects. We are 3 to 4 moves away from being done.

hey thanks for telling me to shut it because you never ranted out in frustration before. Glad to hear you're perfect and all, real classy of you just like Rusty

know I like Jones as a depth piece with interesting upside but please tell me how many times has he finished a 16 game season in his career? How many times in the last two years has he finished 13 games? How many times has he put up at least 500yrds or 50recs?

For now he's a #3 with high upside but I enjoy how you are proclaiming him as a #2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

love it! Nice, young Wr who would be better than any prospect this year due to his experience and high football IQ as Rusty has pointed out. Anyone that doesnt like deal is crazy. Its a huge upgrade from Branch who couldnt even get open last year. Can play slot or outside and can be a # 2 WR.

The timing of this signing means LLoyd is done and they got Jones on a decent contract!

Great!  Eng, time for you to shut it and start looking at your draft prospects. We are 3 to 4 moves away from being done.

hey thanks for telling me to shut it because you never ranted out in frustration before. Glad to hear you're perfect and all, real classy of you just like Rusty

know I like Jones as a depth piece with interesting upside but please tell me how many times has he finished a 16 game season in his career? How many times in the last two years has he finished 13 games? How many times has he put up at least 500yrds or 50recs?

For now he's a #3 with high upside but I enjoy how you are proclaiming him as a #2

Sorry Dude, I was just busting your B*lls, I thought you would take it as a joke. You have been a good sport and I'll stop with the ball B*sting but it was in good fun, not in a malicous way like others do, so sorry to offend you bro! I enjoy your posts but like a few others have mentioned you have been sort of overreacting to the lack of moves and now things seem to be moving. Are you convinced we will get this thing right now? Also, Im with you as far as being upset with the lack of DB signings. I was pissed when I heard the Eagles got K.Phillips pn a 1 year deal and chung. Also how does Buffalo afford to bring in M.LAwson after signing Mario and Anderson last year??? If Lawson came cheap, they messed that up, he would be a perfect fit, IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry Dude, I was just busting your B*lls, I thought you would take it as a joke. You have been a good sport and I'll stop with the ball B*sting but it was in good fun, not in a malicous way like others do, so sorry to offend you bro! I enjoy your posts but like a few others have mentioned you have been sort of overreacting to the lack of moves and now things seem to be moving. Are you convinced we will get this thing right now? Also, Im with you as far as being upset with the lack of DB signings. I was pissed when I heard the Eagles got K.Phillips pn a 1 year deal and chung. Also how does Buffalo afford to bring in M.LAwson after signing Mario and Anderson last year??? If Lawson came cheap, they messed that up, he would be a perfect fit, IMO

no problem, but the greif I've gotten I'm a bit on edge. No problem busting b@lls just make sure there's a way I know it is. Putting it in 2 separate threads seemed a bit different then that

I'm happy with the moves but most are good situational moves and depth pieces. I'm still waiting to see the starters impact. Given past history in the draft I have no confidence in drafting a Z WR or a CB and would have liked to see more put into that. I like the Jones signing as a Branch upgrade and Amendola at worst is an Edelman upgrade at best a Welker wash which I'll take. Washington I like and we need a good return but wondering if Demps couldn't have provided that as a pure returner. Abraham I love that move as I think we need a situational rusher and he's perfect in that role. If they sign Wilson I'm a bit indifferent until I see the contract. I'm not sure he can be a full time starter but he can provide great depth and leadership and more importantly can be that SS/LB coverage guy in nickel which I thought could use a major upgrade. Overall I like the depth and direction they are heading but they haven't fixed the starters in my eyes yet and still need to address both a LCB and slot CB before the draft unless Mathieu is that man in the draft (slot CB)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Any chance he gets a locker close to Big Vince?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

no problem, but the greif I've gotten I'm a bit on edge. No problem busting b@lls just make sure there's a way I know it is. Putting it in 2 separate threads seemed a bit different then that

No you are right. I saw the news posted twice so I wanted to post my excitement but I should have edited out the slight on you as to not make it seem like over kill. Wont happen again bud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Any chance he gets a locker close to Big Vince?

Big Vince will probably stuff him in his locker just as a fun reminder and welcoming...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Jones was the Buffalo Bills' second-best wide receiver last season with 41 receptions for 443 yards and four touchdowns   He had eight catches for 164 yards and two touchdowns against the Patriots last season. His 68-yard catch and run in Week Four was the Bills' longest play from scrimmage last year.   Jones had five receptions for 101 yards in the Bills' victory over the Patriots in 2011   In  four games against Pats he notched 18 receptions for 319 yards and two touchdowns.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Brandon lloyd lite. No bad...good 3 option. They are creeping towards the 6'+ mark too.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am frustrated that Donald Jones gets a rise out of the board. Wow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am frustrated that all the negative nancies pretend that bringing in a 25 year old Jones is somehow the same as a 40 year old Galloway, Holt, Stallworth, Branch etc.

Look no one is saying the guy is going to set the league on fire, but he is young and athletic.  Who the f was Wes before he came here except young and athletic.  That's the point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

what else is out there thats significantly better besides Jennings who is looking to take a team to the bank??  You dont think D.Jones is gonna be better than any rookie we draft? Still young with benefit of already knowing how to play in the NFL. Bigger and faster than Branch who started outside 2 years ago for a SB team? We have to get somebody.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

seems like a low risk signing, and the guys got size and speed, something the pats have lacked at the receiver position since moss moved on....not overly excited with the move, but i like it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what else is out there thats significantly better besides Jennings who is looking to take a team to the bank??  You dont think D.Jones is gonna be better than any rookie we draft? Still young with benefit of already knowing how to play in the NFL. Bigger and faster than Branch who started outside 2 years ago for a SB team? We have to get somebody.

Use the money to sign a top tier CB or two...(I happen to think Talib is the last one available, so much for the "glut"). Draft a WR with the #1 pick. Amendola, Lloyd, Edelman, #1 pick, Slater, STallworth...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's a solid low risk high reward move.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Better than anything we'd get in the draft....

I would not put it quite that way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am frustrated that all the negative nancies pretend that bringing in a 25 year old Jones is somehow the same as a 40 year old Galloway, Holt, Stallworth, Branch etc.

Look no one is saying the guy is going to set the league on fire, but he is young and athletic.  Who the f was Wes before he came here except young and athletic.  That's the point.

[QUOTE]

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better. 

Besides, look at the FA WR list, it's not all that. Folks were pining for Ramses Barden and Donald Nelson for pete's sake. Why? Because they're tall.  Not because they've ever done a darn thing, but they fit the profile I guess. Well, Nelson married a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, so there's that...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Use the money to sign a top tier CB or two...(I happen to think Talib is the last one available, so much for the "glut"). Draft a WR with the #1 pick. Amendola, Lloyd, Edelman, #1 pick, Slater, STallworth...

Well I would agree but BOTH are needed and I assume BB knows he needs a CB. As far as draft goes....Ummmm, have you seen what BB has done with WRs in the past??  Unless you are rebuilding it doesnt make sense. NO prospect out there is gonna come in and click right away, esp with BB drafting so this is the next best thing. A young WR who is available after not long removed from being drafted which is rare with speed and decent size. Sure they could draft someone with more upside but then I think of Tate and Price and say yea I'll take D.Jones, thank you. We are in the win now business, cant afford to wait 3 years for a WR to develop and each of the last 2 pics were shown the door into their 2nd years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

This guy has a high football IQ as well as speed (4.4ish), explosiveness (41 inch vertical) and youth (only 25).  These last 3 elements have been missing from the WR corps for a while.  I'm not expecting 1000 yard seasons from this guy, but I think he can improve on his #'s from Buffalo.

My only question is does this means Lloyd goes? I hope not.  Unless....Unless...There are going to rattle the cage with yet another WR move.

Get Jones on a plane to Brady's mansion right now. Pull the drawbridge, Tom, and let Jones in.

Literally Laughed my A Off !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

This guy has a high football IQ as well as speed (4.4ish), explosiveness (41 inch vertical) and youth (only 25).  These last 3 elements have been missing from the WR corps for a while.  I'm not expecting 1000 yard seasons from this guy, but I think he can improve on his #'s from Buffalo.

My only question is does this means Lloyd goes? I hope not.  Unless....Unless...There are going to rattle the cage with yet another WR move.

Get Jones on a plane to Brady's mansion right now. Pull the drawbridge, Tom, and let Jones in.

I think Lloyd stays.  We're very thin at receiver, so I wouldn't cut Lloyd unless there was some real attitude problem we don't know about.  I think he delivers sufficient value for his cost in a year when there aren't a lot of free agents at his position to pick from.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

MAR 15 3:45 PM ET By Joe Buscaglia, Special to ESPNBoston.com Wide receiver  Donald Jones, who today joined the Patriots, went from an undrafted training camp long-shot to a Chan Gailey favorite over the course of a couple of months. Making the team outright in 2010, Jones was noted for his work on special teams coverage units and his effective use of his size (6-foot, 208 pounds). 

[+] Enlarge 
    Donald Jones
    Jim Rogash/Getty ImagesFans in Buffalo never really warmed to Donald Jones. Once  Lee Evans was traded before the 2011 season, the starting job was entrusted to Jones. It was a constant struggle with catching the ball in his sophomore season, but he continued along in the starting role because of his physicality and blocking abilities. Jones suffered an ankle injury twice, the second of which ended his season six weeks early. 

With no one taking the reins on the No. 2 job in training camp last season, Jones won the job heading in to the regular season. Jones became a critical part of the offensive game plan in his third season and also showed a new confidence in his hands. Gailey sent him in motion quite a number of times, using him either as a lead blocker or a decoy on misdirection run plays. Jones once again ended the season on injured reserve, this time due to an undisclosed medical condition the wideout said he'd been dealing with all his life. 

Despite his 41 receptions in 2012, Bills fans never warmed up to Jones after his poor 2011 campaign. Fans were always looking for the Bills to find his replacement. With a new coaching staff, Jones may have just been the victim of a roster overhaul, or perhaps the Bills were scared off by the medical condition. 

No matter the case, Jones can be an effective complementary receiver that can contribute on special teams. He's shown he can step into a starting role if needed. While he won't take over a game, he can make plays after the catch from time to time with his athleticism.