Done with Fred Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Done with Fred Taylor

Does anyone else feel this way as well?  The guy has been here for 2 years and has played in what... like 5 games?  I know he was activated this past week, but he'll play another few downs and be injured again. He's a great player and has a lot to offer but... right now he's taking up a roster spot and I just don't think you can count on him being healthy. Any thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Re: Done with Fred Taylor

Would like to see him part of a 1-2-3 running punch in time for December Football!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For two weeks we've been hearing that he is ready to go, and yet he is not going.

Logic would indicate that Belichick knows he's not going to get much out of Fragile Freddie when he does get back on the field, so he's going to pick a spot where the two or three carries Taylor might give you can be meaningful, productive carries.

Either that . . .

or I am entirely wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Y?  BJGE has been doing great, this team is winning all without Taylor.  He'll have fresh legs and be healthy when he's ready to return when he's needed most, Dec Jan and Feb.

y rush him back?  Give BJGE the love he deserves, Taylor who?? lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Are you dating the guy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

We're getting by without having to use Fred Taylor so why force the issue? We're not only showing run but we're running at will and with force.

Save Fred for the playoffs and he can be our change-of-pace back for a few games, the most important ones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

BJGE is getting it done just fine...he runs hard. Woodhead seems to make a play everyother time he touches the ball. Doesn't seem broken to me....why fix it?

Taylor is a back-up....nuff said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think Mr. Taylor was able to play if BJGE went down, but he wasn't 100%.  Since Benny was running fine, better to save Fred for later.  Maybe the Jets game?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wouldn't it be funny if Taylor was a key piece in the run game down the stretch?

I keep seeing people angered he isn't running 25 times per game, but he hasn't been needed with BJGE/Woodhead/Morris.

Heck, even Morris has barely played.

If not for BJGE's emergence, I would agree it would be frustrating, but what is the issue?

I'd rather catch lightning in a bottle now, than waster what Taylor can do.

Taylor was activated for a reason. It means he'd be used if needed.  He hasn't been needed, but he very well might be down the stretch.

He's been pretty effective here and that was BEFORE this balanced offense started to emerge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I think if they will punch early with Benny and lull them to sleep. Then let fresh legs Freddy lose on them he could be huge. If it's the same as last year where we get one guy going just to sit him down so some else can get their touches. Then no it's been a waste. I think that killed the running game last year as much as. Here comes Maroney. It's a run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He's an insurance policy at this point.

Who else is out there who is available and could quickly learn the offense?

If law firm or woody go down - hopefully, Fragile Fred will be ready to play.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Done with Fred Taylor:
    [QUOTE]I think Mr. Taylor was able to play if BJGE went down, but he wasn't 100%.  Since Benny was running fine, better to save Fred for later.  Maybe the Jets game?
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE

Thats a horrible idea, in our most important idea of the year put in fragile fred, who is old and our 3rd best rb.Thats stupid