dont lynch me for saying this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

dont lynch me for saying this...

at the beginning of the season i was a huge proponent for brady sticking around until he was 40 years old.  i'm not saying to get rid of brady just yet, but he definitely seems to have lost his fire.  there seems to be no passion for football anymore.  part of this is BB's fault for encouraging that type of mentality (which i dont like) but i just dont see the same tom i saw 2-4 years ago.  i think there needs to be a change in the attitude in new england.  the pats should enjoy playing football every week.  also bradys decision making has significantly declined since randy moss and wes welker came about.  he consistently tries to force the ball to one of them instead of throwing to the "open receiver" which is something he was praised for in the past.  if there isnt any improvement physically, mentally, emotionally it might be time to pull the plug when his contract runs out.  do like we did with bledsoe in 2001.  whatever is best for the team.

GO PATS!
    p.s. i really like Jake Locker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Re: dont lynch me for saying this...

blasphemy! but i know what you mean. the whole team just lacks something. i mean you don't go for it on 4th and inches, but you do go for it on 4th and a yard, when your in obv field goal range?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I disagree. The fire is there, what you are seeing is frustration. BB is treating Brady, like Shula used to treat Marino "No need for a running game, offensive coordinator or defense, I've got the best QB in the league !!!!"

Balance would salvage this, but BB has no interest in throwing less than 45 times a game anymore OR having a pass rush. Really it's sad that this "defensive genius" now has this mindset...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

and for the record, tom's a hof qb, you keep him til he can't perform anymore, aren't very many better options. the defense needs overhauling, and we'd never know b/c he barely talks, but i wonder if BB started to get arrogant with the whole in bill we trust thing. trading seymour? big mistake, and thomas said 'we just run what they call' very interesting i thought. turn the dogs loose already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

get a rope!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He can't go through reads properly and let certain routes develop when he's running for his life...and oh by the way, the rush he runs from is typically coming from 3-4 men down while the rest are in coverage muddling up the field. Which can only mean one thing: it starts and ends with our offensive line.

Yes, Brady is still off at times. I think too much pressure is on this offense to score on every drive because of the defense. That's fine because you have a potent offense but still, in 2007 we rode the intelligence and leadership of our defense even though it was older. Even though there's pressure on this offense to score, Bill's blown me away with some questionable decisions this year. If he knows the offense is being counted on to win games, why not just take every point you can get?!?

All in all, the blame is on everyone. It's football and you can't blame one piece of the offense...unless you're a Panthers fan because then, yes, it's all Jake Delhomme's fault. Ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Fowler while I think you might be slightly insane for wanting toss TB to the curb, I recntly posted on another threat he is not having a great season.  That could be attributed to the knee, I obviously don't know.  He still has another 5-6 years in my opinion, and this team will win another championship.  Not looking like this season, but I truly believe there is another ring to add to his legend.  He just at times is making poor decisions and poor throws.  Granted this team has other issues to address, as do 29-30 other teams in this league.  I do agree with you however that Locker looks to be a stud, although he may go back to UW for another year under Sarkisian.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I thought maybe draft a qb so he learnes under TB, but To pull now is a little early. I still thinks he has 4-5 years left.

It is just my opinion and you are allowed yours.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

all im saying is that when tom brady became the starter everyone was scratching there heads saying "tom who? wheres bledsoe!?"

someone brought up the point that he cant go through his reads and complete passes when he is "running for his life."  aaron rodgers has had one hell of a time staying on his feet this year, but he is able to run around (unlike TB) and hes playing incredible ball none the less.

ive been a patriots fan as long as i can remember.  i am a PATRIOTS fan, not a TOM BRADY (or any other individual individual player) fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Your right, with this O-line he maybe leaving on a stratcher.

I don't see the problems this has quick fixes so we'll see what happens these next 4 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

In Response to dont lynch me for saying this...:
    at the beginning of the season i was a huge proponent for brady sticking around until he was 40 years old.  i'm not saying to get rid of brady just yet, but he definitely seems to have lost his fire.  there seems to be no passion for football anymore.  part of this is BB's fault for encouraging that type of mentality (which i dont like) but i just dont see the same tom i saw 2-4 years ago.  i think there needs to be a change in the attitude in new england.  the pats should enjoy playing football every week.  also bradys decision making has significantly declined since randy moss and wes welker came about.  he consistently tries to force the ball to one of them instead of throwing to the "open receiver" which is something he was praised for in the past.  if there isnt any improvement physically, mentally, emotionally it might be time to pull the plug when his contract runs out.  do like we did with bledsoe in 2001.  whatever is best for the team. GO PATS! p.s. i really like Jake Locker.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I couldn't agree more.  He's done.  What do you want for him?

I hope you don't live near any cliffs or high rise buildings. I fear you may jump if you burn your toast. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: dont lynch me for saying this...:
    [QUOTE]all im saying is that when tom brady became the starter everyone was scratching there heads saying "tom who? wheres bledsoe!?" someone brought up the point that he cant go through his reads and complete passes when he is "running for his life."  aaron rodgers has had one hell of a time staying on his feet this year, but he is able to run around (unlike TB) and hes playing incredible ball none the less. ive been a patriots fan as long as i can remember.  i am a PATRIOTS fan, not a TOM BRADY (or any other individual individual player) fan.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Good point but part of Aaron Rodger's talent is his ability to scramble. He's no Vick or McNaab but he can throw on the run much better than Brady. Brady has zero mobility. What Brady has is called pocket presence, just little ducks here and there, sidesteps here and there to buy an extra second to make a throw. 2007 was Brady's best year by far and do you remember that season? He was virtually untouched for games at a time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Look at how bad... really bad.. Farve was a few seasons ago. And look at him this year.

Brady isnt finished. But geeze Louise, he has got to start having some fun out there. He never smiles. Its one thing to work hard and be passionate, but sometimes ya gotta have a little fun. THe way Drew Brees is playing this year.. energetic, fun, passionate... that is what I want to see a bit more of.

Brady is so pouty, so upset all the time, that Im not even enjoying watching him anymore. Id rather just take a nap or work on my house than get all stressed out watcing him be upset for 3 hours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i just want to clarify that i didnt start this thread bc they lost yesterday.  this is something ive thought for a while now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Brady generally seems to be throwing okay to me.  He just seems fixated on two receivers: Moss and Welker. Welker's open a lot, so that fixation hasn't been a problem. But Moss just hasn't been open all that much and too many throws to him are either incompletions or--worse--interceptions.  It seems to me that the throws to Moss are killing drives, and Brady's biggest problem is persisting in thinking that Moss can beat defenders even when he's covered well. In the past, maybe Moss could to that. But no longer. Brady's got to start realizing that Moss is still a very good receiver--but not the unbeatable one he was a few years ago.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im just sick of the pouty somber arrogant culture that has formed in new england.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]'was Brady's best year by far and do you remember that season? He was virtually untouched for games at a time.' Good point!  And we basically have the same offensive line...someone needs to find the guy that was selling the sniff to the O-line in 07'....cuz he is clearly not around anymore...and is probably in jail....  We get back whatever the O-line had in 07....I could sit back there and pick apart a defense...!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Well, this is where I think the psychology in sports comes into play. I still don't think this offensive line is OVER the annihilation it took against the Giants. That's just my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Brady generally seems to be throwing okay to me.  He just seems fixated on two receivers: Moss and Welker. Welker's open a lot, so that fixation hasn't been a problem. But Moss just hasn't been open all that much and too many throws to him are either incompletions or--worse--interceptions.  It seems to me that the throws to Moss are killing drives, and Brady's biggest problem is persisting in thinking that Moss can beat defenders even when he's covered well. In the past, maybe Moss could to that. But no longer. Brady's got to start realizing that Moss is still a very good receiver--but not the unbeatable one he was a few years ago.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]'was Brady's best year by far and do you remember that season? He was virtually untouched for games at a time.' Good point!  And we basically have the same offensive line...someone needs to find the guy that was selling the sniff to the O-line in 07'....cuz he is clearly not around anymore...and is probably in jail....  We get back whatever the O-line had in 07....I could sit back there and pick apart a defense...!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

It could have been one of our own:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/06/04/patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/

HAHAHAHA; lighten up folks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to Prolate0spheroid

I agree with that totally!. Wasn't TRs favorite reciever " the open one". he used totarget 6-8  guys a game , now its only Moss , Welker, Faulk,  Aiken got 1 ( pretty lucky TD i'd say). Isn't Watson still one of the fastest recievers ( not only TEs) in the league.

Also what happened to that big OL guy as a FB when we needed sort yardage?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

FOWLER8196 is so right.  I can't believe how stupid the Patriots are being.  Why don't they just draft someone better than Brady?  They drafted Brady, who was better than Bledsoe.  Why not just do it again? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

the tide is turning and change is coming.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I agree that the pass target selection is now more limited . wasn't TBs best reciever the " open one"! wasnt there a commercial about this ? Now it is strictly Moss, welker,faulk ( albeit too close to the first down mark!... another discussion)and Aiken 1 target with a lucky TD.

In 2004 , I believe he would have 6- 8 receptions with different recievers :

WRS
    Branch
    Givens
    Johnson
    Patten ( I forgot he came back)
    and also mr Troy Brown!!!

Rbs

Dillon.
    Faulk
    Pass

TEs  where did they go??  Isn't Watson still one of the fastest RECIEVERS in the league?

Graham.. Im partial!!!
    watson
    fauria

ooh and also Vrabel and Klecko

As an adder , when did we go away fro the big Ol as the Fb on short yardage plays ie; 4th and 1 ?????