Don't mess with the Zoltan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Don't mess with the Zoltan!

I complained about our punter all last year so you'll never hear me complain about this pick..1 More hole filled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan!

This does not bode well for my guy, Chris Hanson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

hahaha thats exactly the title i was about to write. 

5th round is early for a punter. but if hes outstanding like Goskowski, then its fine

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan!:
    Posted by p-mike

You like Hanson?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Hanson stinks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Posted by p-mike

Well, he will always have "Dateline: To catch a predator" to fall back on.

BTW, good on ya for beating me to the punchline...I didnt see your previous post on Zoltan.

The Patriots continue to reinvent their entire special teams makeup...a major weakness (except for Goskowski) in 2010, IMHO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

fear da ZOLTAN!!!  he just sounds like a guy I wouldn't want to meet in a dark ally lol. But seriously I believe he had the best hang time, 3rd best yrd average and can be accurate enough to be a coffin corner kicker. Easily best punter in the draft 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

hahaha thats exactly the title i was about to write.  5th round is early for a punter. but if hes outstanding like Goskowski, then its fine
    Posted by btownteamsrking

That's what I figure..Obviously I know nothing about the guy but BB likes to home in on guys like this for kickers and punters. I hope he can bury the ball inside the 10 yd line with consistency. Everything else is gravy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : You like Hanson?
    Posted by ewhite1065

Somebody has to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : Somebody has to.
    Posted by p-mike

LOL. That's funny

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Well..The NFL Network just described Zoltan as Michigans best weapon last year and I'll take it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/883

Mike Mayock, NFL Network

150 -- Patriots -- P Zoltan Mesko

There's special teams player teams player of the draft off the board. Looks like the Patriots got sick of inconsistent punting over the last decade, or so, and used a fifth-round pick on heavy-legged punter. I like the pick a lot. It will help the Patriots immensely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

People from Michigan love this guy...a captain who was outstanding for four years with a cool name.  This will give Brady a former Wolverine captain to chat with as they help each other out on the field.

I believe that Sea Bass was another one of those...check with the local fans; this guy is great...players.  Mesko did hit a lot of 50+ kicks and has a reputation for really pinning down the opposition...should improve the team's field position as the opportunities present.  We'll  see...

Consider that no one is complaining about Gostkowski.  Of course, quite a few raised the brows about grabbing any sort of kicker/punter at the time.  It's quite likely that the Pats believed that he'd be gone, if they waited.  I'll take a serious game changer that will most likely play for years in place of another hopeful that might crack the lineup in a year or two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

When we got pasted by all the good teams last year, I don't remember thinking "the key was a lack of punting."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

When we got pasted by all the good teams last year, I don't remember thinking "the key was a lack of punting."
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

You forgot about those many short punts and touchbacks? 

Hanson finished the 2009 season with a 39.7 punt average.

BB likes to play the position game

A new punter was necessary

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I PRESENT TO YOU THE AMAZING ZOLTAN!
    who names there kid zoltan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I do, when the other team starts posession in field goal range it's not good.  There's plenty of other reasons also but they need a punter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Looks like we have this year's Negative Nancy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He's huge for a punter 6' 4" with a big leg and acurate, another incremental imrovement. Poor field position was an issue. The ST will be much improved and not only from Mesko.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : Looks like we have this year's Negative Nancy.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

What is negative about my observation?  Do YOU remember after ANY loss last year saying or thinking:

"...if we only had a better punter..."

Of course not.

That is why you don't use a 5th rounder on a punter.  You can easily upgrade punting with a FA.

Needed a RB and need a pass rusher in this draft.  STILL a major need. 

That is reality (which you call negativity).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : What is negative about my observation?  Do YOU remember after ANY loss last year saying or thinking: "...if we only had a better punter..." Of course not. That is why you don't use a 5th rounder on a punter.  You can easily upgrade punting with a FA. Needed a RB and need a pass rusher in this draft.  STILL a major need.  That is reality (which you call negativity).

I wished we had a running back and a punter and a lot of other things last year. I'm glad we filled one of the 2 and pretty surprised that we didn't draft a Runningback. However, in the 5th round there wasn't a lot left at running back that could beat out Ben Jarvis green Ellis so I'll take an upgrade at punter and pray we stay healthy at running back. Hanson stinks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : What is negative about my observation?  Do YOU remember after ANY loss last year saying or thinking: "...if we only had a better punter..." Of course not. That is why you don't use a 5th rounder on a punter.  You can easily upgrade punting with a FA. Needed a RB and need a pass rusher in this draft.  STILL a major need.  That is reality (which you call negativity).

Just seems like you're upset with everything they do.  What do you want, a hall of famer at every position?  Our defense wasn't that bad last year ... we gave up less than 300 points for the season.  How many games were blow outs other than N'orleans and Baltimore?  Most of our losses were because the offense couldn't pick up a first down in the 4th quarter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Don't mess with the Zoltan! : Just seems like you're upset with everything they do.  What do you want, a hall of famer at every position?  Our defense wasn't that bad last year ... we gave up less than 300 points for the season.  How many games were blow outs other than N'orleans and Baltimore?  Most of our losses were because the offense couldn't pick up a first down in the 4th quarter.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

And when they couldn't pick up the first down, the punter didn't help stretch the field for the D.