Don't sleep on the Packers' defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Don't sleep on the Packers' defense

I know Aaron Rodgers was intelligently and presciently ruled out, but don't sleep on the Packers' defense.  I still like our offense against almost anybody, but these next three weeks all feel like trap games.  It would be nice to enter the playoffs with momentum still on our side and our weaknesses (athough small because they're minimized by the intelligence and discipline of our scheme) still not exposed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Don't sleep on the Packers' defense

Artist.. good words for the fans...  I am certain BB and the team know what they are facing and will be prepared for a Packers team going full out with something to prove.  Name a team that won't be gunning for the Pats here on out that the team won't show respect?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Don't sleep on the Packers' defense:
    [QUOTE]I  I still like our offense against almost anybody, but these next three weeks all feel like trap games.  Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'm sure BB has brief the team not to take them for granted. the truth is the offense has played better defenses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I like our tight ends against their safeties, but their corners and linebackers could pose matchup problems

I'm more concerned about what playoff opponents might see on film that might be useful to them than anything

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I seriously wouldn't sleep on the Packers O either...lets not forget Flynn was thrown in there unexpectadly last week....this time he got a weeks worth of 1st reps with a heck of a good recieving core, I think he'll play alot better....& yes, the Packers D is very very good....I'm glad it's at the Razor cause we're pretty beat up on the defensive side of the ball!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

We hear more about Revis than Woodson, even though Woodson has been a great CB for a long time. Put a couple of bodies on Mathews and try to negate the pass rush. If Brady gets time the offense should be able to put up some points. Don't forget that the Packers are still in the playoff hunt and with a back-up QB they really have nothing to lose..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

$100 AJ Hawk and whoever else they expect to play run D and cover the TEs, have not seen this kind of wrath this season.

GB's D is very good, no doubt, but we've heard this like 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

It's NE's balance on offense that puts defenses on their heels and befuddles them.

O'Brien finally figured it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  it's the same old tune with different lyrics.

If the Packers can't disrupt Brady's rhythm, that defense gets chewed up and spit out. Rusty is right. The Pack hasn't see an offense like this one, although they do have Dom Capers on their side. The problem is that you've not only got to slow the Pats' juggernaut down, but you've got to put up points, too. Against a pedestrian Lions defense last week, Green Bay managed three.

So the question becomes:

Can the Packers defense shut out the Pats?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess "no."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Packers haven't played any good offenses this year.  Overrated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Don't sleep on the Packers' defense:
    [QUOTE]The Packers haven't played any good offenses this year.  Overrated.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

true statement

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Who are the Packers going to stop? They could put their efforts getting to Brady but will then get burned by short passes and screens. If they try to stop the run, again we have a passing game that can act like a running game. If they try to shut down Branch or Welker there are the TE's and Woodhead. So with all this worry, can you explain how exactly the Packers will give the Pats trouble?

The Packers defense has good numbers against mediocre teams compared to the defenses the Pats have already faced.