Dont underestimate the Hawks if they make it to the Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Dont underestimate the Hawks if they make it to the Super Bowl

This team, right now, would destroy NE and DEN IMO.

A lot of people talk about how they're not as good on the road, which is true, but I'm not sure that's the reason as much as it is the starting time of the games.

Most of their road games are at 1:00pm. That's 10am their time. Super Bowl won't be a 1:00pm game, and they will already be in NY/NJ for a week.

I think the start time of their road games are the biggest factor for why they struggle on the road, not the fact that they dont know how to play away from SEA.

But they're 5-1 on the road this year too...So it's not like last year where they were horrible.

This team is scary good. I think injuries are the only thing that could prevent them from making it to the Super Bowl

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Dont underestimate the Hawks if they make it to the Super Bowl

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go...Too many kids here.

They are nowhere near as good away from home and in a blizzard, probably worse.  They have  not played anyone on the road save for SF and barely won their other games.

I just don't get why anyone trusts Pete Carroll. It's fascinating to me. The classic cartoon character front runner who never really got it at this level is somehow now getting it?  Wake me when he wins one.

[/QUOTE]

Point to the game where they struggled in a blizzard. This team has the makeup of a team that can win in bad weather.

And most teams are not as good on the road as they are at home. Pats previously lost their last 3 road games before beating the Texans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go...Too many kids here.

They are nowhere near as good away from home and in a blizzard, probably worse.  They have  not played anyone on the road save for SF and barely won their other games.

I just don't get why anyone trusts Pete Carroll. It's fascinating to me. The classic cartoon character front runner who never really got it at this level is somehow now getting it?  Wake me when he wins one.

[/QUOTE]

Point to the game where they struggled in a blizzard. This team has the makeup of a team that can win in bad weather.

And most teams are not as good on the road as they are at home. Pats previously lost their last 3 road games before beating the Texans.

[/QUOTE]

I always wonder why this is a given that all dome teams struggle outdoors. Dome teams like Manning's Colts or the Saints do, because they build their offenses around timing patterns. When something disrupts those timing routes, the obivous happens. 

The Seahawks seem built to play some sloppy weather games. I agree, they aren't as dominating outside the home dome. But who isn't as dominating at home?

Lastly, I'll say what I said last season before NE played the Ravens ... anyone not taking this Seahawks team seriously, as serious as cancer, is whistling past the graveyard. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Very possible Pats vs Seahawks SB.

DaPats, The wind is the key and the Pats will win that game most every time. The Seaturkeys do play in rain and slippery conditions, slippery ball, but the wind changes everything. Wilson can throw lasers but most of his passes over 20 Yards he lobs high with great playaction, the wind negates that. The NW doesn't have the wind factor as experienced on the East Coast.

Brady throws lasers into the wind with accuracy, coupled with the Pats O'ffense finally coming around as high scoring again. Hawks will have a hard time in January in NY, if the wind is a factor. If by any chance a mild SB day, I feel that Belichick will out coach Carrol in that one. Brady will not forget Sherman either ...

If BB makes it to the SB, what a testament of excellence knowing he/we all have faults but still win. Let it all play out folks and then we can compare notes on WW, JE, Amendola, subs filling in for the injured etc. This year may be the most dynamic one of all hoisting a Lombardi in the end, after such a diverse year of epic team problems, injuries, being screwed on two game ending plays for losses? This would be the greatest year of Pats football entertainment, even surpassing 2001.

After which, it will be fun to watch this forum explode in anticipation of all the Anti-Pats/BB  talking heads trying to explain what happened? Do you hear crickets?

Thanks for an interesting OP post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always wonder why this is a given that all dome teams struggle outdoors. Dome teams like Manning's Colts or the Saints do, because they build their offenses around timing patterns. When something disrupts those timing routes, the obivous happens. 

The Seahawks seem built to play some sloppy weather games. I agree, they aren't as dominating outside the home dome. But who isn't as dominating at home?

Lastly, I'll say what I said last season before NE played the Ravens ... anyone not taking this Seahawks team seriously, as serious as cancer, is whistling past the graveyard. 

[/QUOTE]

Just a small point, they don't play in a dome.  Only the fan seats are covered.  The field is open to the elements and often wet.  The stadium noise gives them one of the better homefield advantages for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DaPats, The wind is the key and the Pats will win that game most every time. The Seaturkeys do play in rain and slippery conditions, slippery ball, but the wind changes everything. Wilson can throw lasers but most of his passes over 20 Yards he lobs high with great playaction, the wind negates that. The NW doesn't have the wind factor as experienced on the East Coast.

Brady throws lasers into the wind with accuracy, coupled with the Pats O'ffense finally coming around as high scoring again. Hawks will have a hard time in January in NY, if the wind is a factor. If by any chance a mild SB day, I feel that Belichick will out coach Carrol in that one. Brady will not forget Sherman either ...

If BB makes it to the SB, what a testament of excellence knowing he/we all have faults but still win. Let it all play out folks and then we can compare notes on WW, JE, Amendola, subs filling in for the injured etc. This year may be the most dynamic one of all hoisting a Lombardi in the end, after such a diverse year of epic team problems, injuries, being screwed on two game ending plays for losses? This would be the greatest year of Pats football entertainment, even surpassing 2001.

After which, it will be fun to watch this forum explode in anticipation of all the Anti-Pats/BB  talking heads trying to explain what happened? Do you hear crickets?

[/QUOTE]

I'll say this:

Brady is arguably the best bad weather QB

However, SEA have Lynch and he would probably run over this defense while it's in its current state. Wilson can also make the intermediate throws, he doesnt rely on deep bombs.

Last but not least, Wilson has legs. Unlike Manning, Wilson will scramble to open up passing lanes. Love Jones, but he tends to crash too hard onto the QB...scrambling Qbs scare me...Especially QBs who scramble to pass, which is what Wilson does.

SEA will pose a bigger challenge in a bad weather game, even moreso than the Broncos. SEAs overall roster is much better than Denvers...The only advantage DEN has is WRs and QB...However, Id take the SEA passing attack over Denvers in a bad weather game.

SEA is scary efficient on offense and very deep on defense.

I thought their biggest weakness last season was inexperience. I think a playoff run under their belt will benefit them this coming post season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll say this:

However, SEA have Lynch and he would probably run over this defense while it's in its current state. Wilson can also make the intermediate throws, he doesnt rely on deep bombs.

Last but not least, Wilson has legs. Unlike Manning, Wilson will scramble to open up passing lanes. Love Jones, but he tends to crash too hard onto the QB...scrambling Qbs scare me...Especially QBs who scramble to pass, which is what Wilson does.

SEA will pose a bigger challenge in a bad weather game, even moreso than the Broncos. SEAs overall roster is much better than Denvers...The only advantage DEN has is WRs and QB...However, Id take the SEA passing attack over Denvers in a bad weather game.

I thought their biggest weakness last season was inexperience. I think a playoff run under their belt will benefit them this coming post season.

[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying Dapats and it makes sense but keep in mind Lynch can be controlled by a game plan. Belichick controls RB's with a good game plan. Take him away and with a good cold strong wind? Guys like Arrington, Harmon, McCourty and Collins play a better game? No? A strong wind favors the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll say this:

[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying Dapats and it makes sense but keep in mind Lynch can be controlled by a game plan. Belichick controls RB's with a good game plan. Take him away and with a good cold strong wind? Guys like Arrington, Harmon, McCourty and Collins play a better game? No? A strong wind favors the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

Im not so sure. I would argue BB is more capable of taking away Megatron than Lynch. Talib is the cornerstone because he allows BB to play more man to man and get creative.

If there were two games in which I wouldve thought BB's objective was to take out the running game, it wouldve been against the Jets and Texans...and force Smith and Keenum to beat them...both had over 100 yard rushers.

Im not sure this defense is capable of containing the run. Lynch is a very good and physical runner.

And I also wouldnt act like SEA's passing game would go limp in a windy game. I think Wilson throws a better ball than Manning.

BB is the best coach. But he's not god. And stopping the run is a legit issue right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-27/seattle-seahawks-ped-suspensions-pete-carroll-2011-bruce-irvin

" The Seahawks have had five players suspended for performance enhancing drug use since 2011, the most in the NFL during that time"

And that did not include Richard Sherman, who was suspended for testing positive for PED, but pulled an OJ Simpson, got off by claiming collection error.

Seahawks are nowhere near as good without PED.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

The PED angle will certainly be played up by the media if they make it to the SB. On another note I think the NFL would be wise to put some stipulations in the way stadiums are designed going forward. Crowd noise to the extent where someone could have a loss of hearing is going over the top.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I don't think anyone is underestimating them at all...they are clearly the NFC favorites at this point.

Seattle's biggest issue is when they leave Century Link Field they have shown themselves to be a different team. Then factor in the fact the NY power brokers conned the NFL in staging the SB in NJ, in February, and Seattle may be simply average.

Weather will be a possible huge factor come February. Outdoors, cold, sleet and snow and that sounds like a NE kind of day don't it?

Heck, come to think of it, it was awful nice of the NFL to give the PATS a 9th home game this season wasn't it....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Although I find the PED issue wrt Seattle of interest, it doesn't change Seattle's position as the team to beat in the NFC.  How well the team will play in the Meadowlands in February is another matter altogether.  A NE/Seattle matchup would be competitive IMO although I would regrettably have to give the edge to the Seahawks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

All I am going to add is I have been to quite a few games in bad weather to include wind, I have been stationed/living here since 2004.  Seattle is one of the better team to play in bad weather.  The cold may help some but i wouldn't count on it as an advantage because December games are cold in WA state too.

I would almost want to play any other team out there in the NFC, beause both their offense and Defense appear to be bulit to have build to give the Pats fits.  They have a decent line, very good LB and secondary.  

Not saying that the Pats can't win but I think seattle could make an interesting match up more than the saints, panthers, or 49ers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Although I find the PED issue wrt Seattle of interest, it doesn't change Seattle's position as the team to beat in the NFC.  How well the team will play in the Meadowlands in February is another matter altogether.  A NE/Seattle matchup would be competitive IMO although I would regrettably have to give the edge to the Seahawks.

Plus the last two guys that got caught testing postive for Weed, not sure how much of a PED that is .... I see soooo many people here lose good jobs because they smoke it.  Just because it is not a crime to smoke it in the state doesn't make it legal or acceptable to do in plenty of fields.

Btw totally agree Seattle is a complexs match up for seattle on both sides of the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I think Seattle and their fan base are the most unlikabe team in the NFL, add Carroll and they make me gag.  The media promoting breaking the sound barrier is stupid and annoying. But I'd scream too if I lived there. Wilson is a good and very likable quarterback, unlike RG3, but Wilson, could you please stop talking and sounding like your coach. It's ok to be yourself.

Unfortunately, with home field advantage, they'll probably represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seattle, as some have already pointed out, plays outdoors.  That stadium is not a dome, and the field is often wet.  Seattle doesn't have bitter cold weather, but cold rain isn't uncommon.  Also, I think this team is built to play outdoors, with a decent running game and good defense.  So I don't think playing outdoors is really a big problem for them. 

That said, their homefield advantage is significant--but it's all about noise and maybe also starting time.  If they are playing at home, they have a big advantage, but on the road that advantage disappears.

My biggest reservation about Seattle, though, is Pete Carroll's coaching.  I don't think his teams are very disciplined, and I think Carroll is prone to relying on emotion rather than logic too often.  He'll make dumb calls just to fire up his team (go for it on fourth and ten rather than kick an easy field goal, for instance) and end up losing the game.  Or his players will be so hyped up, they'll lose control and end up out of position or making stupid penalties.  At home, these things are covered up by the homefield advantage.  On the road, though, they end up hurting the team.  

The team is talented and could be a big threat, but somehow I think Pete Carroll will find a way to muck it up before it's over.  I may be wrong, but it's how I feel about Carroll. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Seattle, as some have already pointed out, plays outdoors.  That stadium is not a dome, and the field is often wet.  Seattle doesn't have bitter cold weather, but cold rain isn't uncommon.  Also, I think this team is built to play outdoors, with a decent running game and good defense.  So I don't think playing outdoors is really a big problem for them. 

That said, their homefield advantage is significant--but it's all about noise and maybe also starting time.  If they are playing at home, they have a big advantage, but on the road that advantage disappears.

My biggest reservation about Seattle, though, is Pete Carroll's coaching.  I don't think his teams are very disciplined, and I think Carroll is prone to relying on emotion rather than logic too often.  He'll make dumb calls just to fire up his team (go for it on fourth and ten rather than kick an easy field goal, for instance) and end up losing the game.  Or his players will be so hyped up, they'll lose control and end up out of position or making stupid penalties.  At home, these things are covered up by the homefield advantage.  On the road, though, they end up hurting the team.  

The team is talented and could be a big threat, but somehow I think Pete Carroll will find a way to muck it up before it's over.  I may be wrong, but it's how I feel about Carroll. 

Both Pete Carroll and Marvin Lewis will do something to negatively impact their teams before it is all said and done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

NE V Seattle would be a great matchup. On a neutral southern field they probably blow us out due to our injuries on D. In NJ I feel like we stay with them thru 3 1/2 quarters and see how it ends. I like the mental toughness of our team and I would bet on the Pats in the 4th quarter over Seattle, in February, in NJ. Personally I would love to see the Panthers shock everybody out west so we can have a rematch and beat them like a drum!! If that were to happen how long would it take Talib to get his first 15 yard unsportmanlike penalty on Steven Smith?! First play?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Right now I am more concerned about the AFC championhip. In particular, what happens if we go to Denver and have to play in that altitude and envioronment. We have rarely played well there and I am traumatized from the Elway era going forward about all the heartbreak that has happened there for the Pats and other teams. Our only losing record since the Kraft era is at that stadium.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Seattle and their fan base are the most unlikabe team in the NFL, add Carroll and they make me gag.  The media promoting breaking the sound barrier is stupid and annoying. But I'd scream too if I lived there. Wilson is a good and very likable quarterback, unlike RG3, but Wilson, could you please stop talking and sounding like your coach. It's ok to be yourself.

Unfortunately, with home field advantage, they'll probably represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

Second that.  I think Seattle is a tremendous team and looks almost unbeatable at times, but man are they an annoying bunch.  From Pete smacking his gum, to the players celebrating tackles after an 8 yard gain, to the constant running of mouths, there is no team I would rather see be one and done in the playoffs....but I don't se it happening. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Can you really underestimate the #1 seed in th NFC (which they probably will be)?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

They just crushed a very good Saints team. Underestimating this Seahawks team is just silly. Seattle is not San Diego when it comes to weather. Cold weather shouldn't be a factor at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I believe they are a good team.  However, what they did on last night does not carry over to the next game.  This is the NFL, I do not put nothing pass any team we played or will play.  it is about who team came to play that particular game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Glad Patriots don't have to play them in their stadium....   Tough call there.  Saints seemed to roll over after that pick-6. 

Scary home team with #1 seed makes them a heavy favorite to get there...  Unless they screw it up.