Don't watch the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Don't watch the draft

Let's try to make a statement to the NFL by lowering the ratings of the draft. I know it'll be hard with all the picks the Pats have, but the only power us fans have is to boycott the NFL. Honestly, I'm angered and offended with the current lockout, and hope the two can work things out. However, until that happens, I'm going to refrain from watching the draft of purchasing NFL goods.

If you care enough about what is happening between the owners and the players then this should make perfect sense to you. Please, spread the word. I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel the same way. If the ratings drop at least a little it could show that the fans are beginning to become alienated and could help force a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Don't watch the draft

just not going to do that, love it too much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Sorry...won't do it....Enjoy the draft too much! Patriots have a lot of draft picks, should be a fun 3 days!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

No chance...

Check out this video of the espn guys talking Pats draft. Watching that just gets me fired up about the next season, can we just skip baseball this year?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't think it hurt them or send any kind of message frankly.  They would consider it an anomaly and carry on as usual.

The thing they better consider is the entertainment dollar is pretty damn small out there and if people decide they can get more bang for the buck going to another sport they will stay.  Plus the stupid rule changes are hurting football.  This would help keep people away as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Completely understand your purpose and passion, but I have been waiting for this since December.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Don't watch the draft:
    [QUOTE]Let's try to make a statement to the NFL by lowering the ratings of the draft. I know it'll be hard with all the picks the Pats have, but the only power us fans have is to boycott the NFL. Honestly, I'm angered and offended with the current lockout, and hope the two can work things out. However, until that happens, I'm going to refrain from watching the draft of purchasing NFL goods. If you care enough about what is happening between the owners and the players then this should make perfect sense to you. Please, spread the word. I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel the same way. If the ratings drop at least a little it could show that the fans are beginning to become alienated and could help force a deal.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

am with you on this. like anyone else here, i love the draft a lot. i will track it on the web, but i will not watch it on tv. for our long term enjoyment of the game, i really think it's important to b able to send the nfl a message every now and then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Don't watch the draft:
    [QUOTE]No chance... Check out this video of the espn guys talking Pats draft. Watching that just gets me fired up about the next season, can we just skip baseball this year?! http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6272968&categoryid=2378529
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, I'm ready to watch NOW! No way I will miss watching this draft, Pats talk will be going on all the time, cant wait!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Alot of you fans think there will be football this year, I dont think so. Greed is a powerfull thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

let me know when you are ready to sell your seats, I need more. My 4 aren't enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Nope, this is when we get our pass rusher, finally

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Not a problem for me since I find it about as exciting as watching paint dry.  I'll do what I usually do. Set the DVR to record then check back every hour or so and back up to our selections. Besides listening to Mel Kiper is about as fun as getting a prostate exam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Come September and we start missing games, that's when I'll get ticked.

Until then I'll follow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No chance, wife and daughter will be away in Disney 27th to May 1st.  Son gone with friends. 

1st time in years I get to watch from beginning to end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Don't watch the draft:
    [QUOTE]Let's try to make a statement to the NFL by lowering the ratings of the draft. I know it'll be hard with all the picks the Pats have, but the only power us fans have is to boycott the NFL. Honestly, I'm angered and offended with the current lockout, and hope the two can work things out. However, until that happens, I'm going to refrain from watching the draft of purchasing NFL goods. If you care enough about what is happening between the owners and the players then this should make perfect sense to you. Please, spread the word. I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel the same way. If the ratings drop at least a little it could show that the fans are beginning to become alienated and could help force a deal.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

GREAT idea, Hobo!

I'm with ya...two groups who can't figure out a way to split $9 billion do not deserve the undivided attention of their customers. I'm sure the paper will print who the Pats selected the following days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Miss what should be a better draft for the Patriots then last year? Are you Nuts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Can't do it. Could be as important a draft as last year for the Pats. Plus I always play the "upside"/ " non stop motor "drinking game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm not gonna watch it.

I have to work.

Thank you Al Gore for inventing the world wide web.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I've given up on watching for the Patriots' actual picks.  They're never when anyone would expect them.  It's nice to see the trades be on time, tho, usually about 1 minute before time expires when the Pats are on the clock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not gonna watch it. I have to work. Thank you Al Gore for inventing the world wide web.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

not to turn this into a political forum but Al Gore did not invent the world wide internet, fyi.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

not to turn this into a political forum but Al Gore did not invent the world wide internet, fyi.

You better check with Big Al. lol Ask him.

Im watching the draft. If the players make the rookies not go it'll be a travesty. I think the fans might not be happy. Think about the Gronkowski moment. that was the first time the whole family was together in 7 years, the parents are divorced.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

[QUOTE]No chance... Check out this video of the espn guys talking Pats draft. Watching that just gets me fired up about the next season, can we just skip baseball this year?! http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6272968&categoryid=2378529
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    fail

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't watch the draft : How so?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]Because baseball is awesome, duh. ha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't watch the draft : not to turn this into a political forum but Al Gore did not invent the world wide internet, fyi.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?  I read on the internet that he did. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't watch the draft : not to turn this into a political forum but Al Gore did not invent the world wide internet, fyi.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Deny the existence of Manbearpig at your peril!

I'm super, super serial!