Don't worry about the D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanKnowes. Show SeanKnowes's posts

Re: Don't worry about the D

I am concerned. If they can show the bend don't break, we could be OK. But that demolition by the Ravens. Ahhh, I got a bad feeling about this...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

As long as Bills coaching the D im not worried. The Pats have had alot worse talent on defense and won a bunch of games 06 comes to mind when it was Hawkins and Sanders in the secondary with Asante and Ellis at the corner spots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Don't worry about the D:
    [QUOTE]I'm not knocking Meriweather, but he wasnt used as a SS anyway his rookie year, if you remember he played CB exclusiely in the preseason, and didnt start to get p/t until late in the year and played in the Nickel, with his most action coming in the SB....All im saying is weather it was due to him playing CB first or whatever, CHung is progressing faster and looks to be an impact player this year, and thats a good thing to have 2 great safeties, but Chung got playing time last year, with 3 established vets on the team at the position w/ Meri, Sanders, and McGowan....
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

He's played 3 positions is his 4 years in the league. He was a CB his rookie year, played back up SS to Rodney in his sophomore year until Rodney went down. Last season, he played SS while Sanders played FS. Sanders was too slow and Belichick switch Meriweather to FS and had McGowan play SS. 

Now, Chung plays SS and Meriweather plays FS. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Don't worry about the D:
    [QUOTE]I am concerned. If they can show the bend don't break, we could be OK. But that demolition by the Ravens. Ahhh, I got a bad feeling about this...
    Posted by SeanKnowes[/QUOTE]

The Ravens demolished the Pats because Brady fumbled the ball on the first offensive play by the Patriots on the 17 yard line to take a 14 point lead. Then, he threw 3 INTs that gave the Ravens offense the ball on the Patriots 25 yard line for a 21 point lead, 9 yard line to take a 24 point lead and another that the Ravens D took to the 10 yard line to make the game 27-7. 

Brady didn't help the Pats defense in that game, but people will squarely put the blame on the defense. I don't expect Brady to have such a poor showing in a game this year because in that game the only WR he had was Randy Moss and Moss was doubled. This year, he has too many weapons to have such an outing. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I think Griswold got booted again...hunh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

re defensive playmaking:

I hope McCourty can get his hands on the ball b/c if he does, then the Bengals offense can't keep him out of the endzone.

I am very concerned with the defensive front (although I feel better since hearing 49Patriots endorse Brace so highly;) however ,this defense might have some problems, but when they make a play, this looks like a fast young defense that can make it a BIG play (dispite comments to the contrary, I think I'd include Mr. Chung in this.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Stupid playcalling is what annoyed me the most
    it was as if Bill O'Brien was trying to go 3 and out every time we had the lead in the 4th quarter and thats what set up our D to lose

i am kind of hoping that we abandon the run and that we throw like its going out of style

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yep, Russ you have been terminated! FYI.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

What was so "annoying" about such simple discussion? 

Were 49ers fans this incensed when the 49ers didn't win a SB every year after 1985?

Were the asking for the firing of Bill Walsh? Were they pretending he could not draft anymore?

Good thing Bill Walsh retired when he did!  Awful coach towards the end of his career.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

thats lame russ knew more about the pats than half you all put together..

the globe yanks now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Thank You All,

This has been a refreshing post to read after all the sky is falling posts the last few weeks. I agree with most that the defense will be equal if not better than last year, and that wasn't all that bad. Consider are offensive potential and atleast Vegas has a clue by putting us 5th were money counts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

These people seem insecure.  They want anyone that may have more knowledge than them OUT of the discussion. Fascist in nature.

Reeks of insecurity.

Fire Belichick! Trade Brady so my negativity can have an outlet here!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

yet they let the trolls run the gamet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

russ what was rustys sisters name or beverly deangelo... mrs griswold...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Interesting considering some of the questionable language and comments and Sanchez being fruity, and the consistent repeat troll work.

Maybe someone's or even some others in agreement with the accurate comments poke holes in some people's agenda too often?

Anyone catch Bob Ryan, Chris Gasper and Shalise Young's gripping columns today?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Sweet. 

We'll all take note of your own insecurity needing a computer to show you self control and discipline. Speaks volumes. And it's "infinite". Learn to spell before lecturing.

Thanks,

All Pats Fans Who Aren't Dumb or Irrational

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

rusty brought insight and indepth knowledge of the pats... you might not have liked his rants bu what he said was accurate as opposed to some of the real nonsnese you get on here... and posers...and trolls...i guess you would rather discuss the pats with matilda or fatrex or whom ever  enjoy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am optimistic that this D will be the same kind of D it usually is.  It will give up yards but be stingy with the points -- or at least stingy enough to give the offense a chance to win games for the team on most weeks.  I don't see the defense carrying the team, but I also think they'll be a bit better than what some people expect.   

I like the athleticism a bit more than last year, some of the young guys are promising and/or improving, but youth will mean mistakes at times, especially early on.  I felt a bit better before Bodden and Warren went down, but what the hell, BB needs to know what the young guys are capable of at some point.