Donte Stallworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ato01. Show Ato01's posts

Donte Stallworth

would any of you want him back on the team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Donte Stallworth

His agent would love it but I wouldn't be cool with taking him back.
    Too much of a distraction and I'm not sure he can really help unless he was paid the minimum.
    I'd like to see the team continue to get younger at the skill positions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I wouldn't mind if he came back. He did a decent job and knows the players and most of the coaches. He'd be a good 3rd receiver until Tate or someone else comes along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

is he available?  yeah, a one year deal to shore the WR corp would be fine. I never got the impression he wanted to stay, and at times, I didn't get the impression he wanted to play hard...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

My only issue is why the haven't signed him yet!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I hope they don't sign any old and over the hill receivers this year. Go into the draft and get a young up and coming player and let him learn from Moss while Randy can still move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I would love it.  Stallworth made a mistake and has been very mature about it since it happened.  He absolutely would not be a distraction, actually I think he will be one of the more grounded players in the NFL now that he has had that experience.

And, even though he was competing from playing time with Jabar Gaffney in 2007, he still put up 46 receptions for 700 yards...think about how nice those numbers would have been as a 3rd receiver this year.  He can help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I have said this before in general but I will expand... I believe in second chances and to all accounts he has been honerable in his dealings post DUI/Manslaughter.  Now having said that I would go for a one year vet minimum deal only. And I am holding out hope the Patriots will use a second rounder with maybe another late pick to get Boldin out of Arizona and put him across from Moss. If they do that and then draft a young RB and OLB/DE pass rusher This team could put up numbers ala 2007.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

I think it would be a great idea, He's played with brady before, knows the offense, and would probably rather play here than elsewhere since he would most likely be the # 2 reciever to start the year.  Plus he would most likely come cheap (as far as #2 recievers go).  by the end of the year we would have Moss Welker Stallworth Edelman and Tate.  Not to shabby. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Depends on how in shape he shows up for his workout. 

It's a good move if he's serious about playing.   He can't demand more than league minimum considering his situation.  He knows our system.  He's a veteran who knows how to pick up yards after a catch. 

I wouldn't have a problem with giving him a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

In a perfect world I would love for the Pats to draft and develop a future stud WR, but in case you havent noticed we havent done that since Terry Glenn (and that was pre BB era). We have to see how Edelman and Tate develop next year to determine if we need to draft and develop more Wr's. I think this team just needs a decent WR who can be the #2 while Welker rehabs and then can slide to #3 once Welker gets back. I think Edelman, Tate and Aiken form a solid 4-6 backend of the WR corp. Would be nice to have a TE that could be featured in the passing game. That would take a lot of pressure of Brady and the WR's. So the solution for the passing game is simple, sign a #3 type WR, draft a reliable pass catching TE and shore up the right side of the Oline. Brady will be healthier and better next year and our passing game will be much improved.

Personally I would love one of these 3 to happen:
    -sign D. Branch if SEA cuts him and he proves to be healthy
    -trade our last 2nd Rd pick to the Cards for Boldin and a late Rd pick (last year the best offer the Cards got for Boldin was a 3rd rd pick, why would it take anymore than that a year later with a year less on his contract?)
    -sign Stallworth if he is still in game shape, he has knowledge of this playbook and truly wants to prove he belongs back in the NFL and is only 29 yrs old.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

I say bring him on board for the right price.  HE made a terrible mistake, and the Pats are the perfect team to help him rahabilitate his life and career.  They helped him get a huge contract once, why not again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

Thanks for bestowing your unlimited wisdom upon us.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

It's a message board.  If you dont' want to talk about prospective player signings during the NFL off season, than I suggest you don't come to an NFL message board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

True fans know what the team needs and explain what they would like the team to do. It's an expression of hope that the team will improve and be better next year. I like to see if other fans agree with my points and it makes me look forward to the offseason and the improvement of this team.

Patsfan, I just saw you post somewhere else what the Pats need and in what order. How are you going to criticise something and then basically do the same thing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

He paid his dues according to the law.           Check
    He seem to be remorsful about what happened. Check
    He paid a penilty to the league.                      Check

He can still play and for a value contract.    We will have to check.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

WHo cares if he has baggage, everybody has baggage, as Eddie Murphy once said, "A BLACK MAN CANT HAVE A SUITCASE?"

The man can play football and in my simple mean nothing opinion they Patriots never should have let him go.
    I say bring him on, I will tell BB at lucnch tomorrow that you all said to sign him.
    So it will now be a done deal!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

In Response to Re: Donte Stallworth:
    WHo cares if he has baggage, everybody has baggage, as Eddie Murphy once said, "A BLACK MAN CANT HAVE A SUITCASE?" The man can play football and in my simple mean nothing opinion they Patriots never should have let him go. I say bring him on, I will tell BB at lucnch tomorrow that you all said to sign him. So it will now be a done deal!
    Posted by alcondragon

alright cool. Also tell BB to hit me up next time the Pats come down to Miami. We can hit up the hot spots. I'd love to get schwasted with the man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Donte Stallworth:
    In Response to Re: Donte Stallworth : alright cool. Also tell BB to hit me up next time the Pats come down to Miami. We can hit up the hot spots. I'd love to get schwasted with the man.
    Posted by tamayo2431

Ahh, tamayo2431, I dont knwo how to tell you this, but BB is always SCHWASTED!  I cant get him to stop drinking, thats why he wears a hoodie

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

patsfan, are you serious?  You sign up for a Patriots message board and then don't want people to post talking about team needs and potential fits, etc.  News flash: that's what message boards are for.  If you don't like it, go join a book club or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If I remember correctly Brady stopped targeting him midway through his one season here.  So why would we want him back?  He had one really nice TD against the Boy's (I think it was the Boy's) and that was about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

They're not exactly in a position to be picky I'd say. sign him to the type of deal where its not going to kill us to kick him to the curb if he can't hack it.

BTW, if you can't contribute anything to the discussion other than "that's a stupid idea", don't feel obligated to share your wisdom, or the lack of it, with the BB community.

As Mark Twain said, "better to remain quiet and let people believe you're an idiot than to speak up and remove all doubt".