Donte Whitner? Returns to the AFC East as a Pat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Donte Whitner? Returns to the AFC East as a Pat?

In response to mellymel2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Criticizing The whole couch GM thing is just simpleton work. How many on this board say they wish we had drafted said player or acquired said player via FA? Probably near 100%. 

It seems the line gets drawn emotionally when someone in the same breadth criticizes BB. Is he above criticism? Is criticiZing him the same as saying we could do a better job? Hardly. 

People in high profile positions get criticized everyday. It's par for the course. Bb is not above reproach and those here that hold him to god status, accepting everything he does without question or criticism are more bb washers than patriot fans. And to criticize those that do seems to put bb loyalty above the team. 

When bb and tb walk off into the sunset someday, what will you do then? Will you still be a patriots fan? 

[/QUOTE]

I surely will....little chance Whitner comes back to the AFC east and certainly not to us...BB won't pay for this guy...BB likes to sign decent rookies to their slotted contracts, tries to coach them up, and if they are all-pro star good, will sign them to a long term contract...otherwise, move on down the road...that fits the salary scheme and allows long term success...I know fans get hosed off by it, but they are running a business down there not simply ONLY trying to satisfy fans who want them to blow the future for a win now...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...not with the Pats.... 

[/QUOTE]

I know it's to much to ask for a hard hitting safety. He's what they need Mel. I have seen enough of Gregory. You might get him at a reasonable cost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Wow True, I posted to your response that you copied and pasted this one to in the original thread but appearently you have to start posting your response across multiple threads now? Next you'll have Rusty agreeing with you. And you use to act civilized keeping a discussion to a single thread and not calling out people across multiple threads like some posters.

Easy buddy, I copied it because I read joes response to post on the whitner thread.

And pats lifer I said " couch gm" because eng used the term as a shot against those of us who disagree with his theory that BB doesn't build good teams.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow True, I posted to your response that you copied and pasted this one to in the original thread but appearently you have to start posting your response across multiple threads now? Next you'll have Rusty agreeing with you. And you use to act civilized keeping a discussion to a single thread and not calling out people across multiple threads like some posters.

Easy buddy, I copied it because I read joes response to post on the whitner thread.

And pats lifer I said " couch gm" because eng used the term as a shot against those of us who disagree with his theory that BB doesn't build good teams.

[/QUOTE]

Actually True, I said couch GM because that's what you and others call people who don't agree completely with BB's choices. And I agree with Lifer it's a lazy way to not have a real discussion saying you think you know better and then bring out stats. It's a sport forum for discussion. No one thinks their thoughts will ever change anything so what's the point of "do you think you know more then *insert BB stats* or to call someone a couch GM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually True, I said couch GM because that's what you and others call people who don't agree completely with BB's choices. And I agree with Lifer it's a lazy way to not have a real discussion saying you think you know better and then bring out stats. It's a sport forum for discussion. No one thinks their thoughts will ever change anything so what's the point of "do you think you know more then *insert BB stats* or to call someone a couch GM

[/QUOTE]

1st off, I don't agree with all BB's decisions...as you know. Ive been wishing for DT help for 3 years too, wished he valued running backs more then he does, and im pretty sure im on record as saying his lack of investment in the position and lack of commitment has cost him/us a championship...or 2.

I have been the main target of the "oh you think you know more then BB blah blah blah crap" I repeated your couch gm reference back to you. I think the you know more then bb argument is the lamest argument on this board, used often by prolate against me and carried on by the 3 amigos.

I disagree with your assement that BB's team building philosophy is a mistake. That signing high priced FA's as opposed to multiple value players would be a huge mistake as there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will be more productive or as you claim would have been the difference between winning and losing a Super bowl.

It is an opinion.

I make the opinion that if we had signed a bunch of high priced FA's instead of building depth we might not have made any of the last 3 afc championships. If they under perform or get hurt(as football players always do) we have less important depth then we've had.

Ahh, whatever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Posted this in the other thread, but I'll add it here: If the Pats were to spend money on an "upper tier" free agent, I think I'd rather see it spent on DL than S.

That being said, I'm not sure how the players available at each position compare; if the DL market is weak, then safety would be preferred.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

1st off, I don't agree with all BB's decisions...as you know. Ive been wishing for DT help for 3 years too, wished he valued running backs more then he does, and im pretty sure im on record as saying his lack of investment in the position and lack of commitment has cost him/us a championship...or 2.

I have been the main target of the "oh you think you know more then BB blah blah blah crap" I repeated your couch gm reference back to you. I think the you know more then bb argument is the lamest argument on this board, used often by prolate against me and carried on by the 3 amigos.

I disagree with your assement that BB's team building philosophy is a mistake. That signing high priced FA's as opposed to multiple value players would be a huge mistake as there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will be more productive or as you claim would have been the difference between winning and losing a Super bowl.

It is an opinion.

I make the opinion that if we had signed a bunch of high priced FA's instead of building depth we might not have made any of the last 3 afc championships. If they under perform or get hurt(as football players always do) we have less important depth then we've had.

Ahh, whatever.

[/QUOTE]

And yet that's what you do to others regarding his moves. Did you like it so much when it happened to you that you decided to pass it on to others? In the end it's opinions that spark discussion on a Pats forum nothing else, so why do something clearly you didn't enjoy yourself which you consider lame to others for their opinions?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lets try this a different way True so we can have a discussion.

Lets start off with which low cost players over the years have paid off using this type of system. We can have a good discussion on players they wanted but under bid vs players they got with that value.

Then on the upcoming FA period lets here what ideas you have for FA's. We all know BB's system so using that system which players would you like to see picked up that would fit BB's value system.