Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11

The Boston Herald is reporting Dan G. has been resigned by the Patriots, big upgrade over Welch, who looked totally lost as the 3rd TE.

"To fill the roster spot vacated by the release of tackle Tom Welch earlier today,I’m told the Patriots have signed Dan Gronkowski. The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder played two games with the Patriots earlier in the season."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11

In Response to Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Herald is reporting Dan G. has been resigned by the Patriots, big upgrade over Welch, who looked totally lost as the 3rd TE. " To fill the  roster spot vacated by the release of tackle  Tom Welch  earlier today , I’m told the Patriots have signed  Dan Gronkowski.  The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder played two games with the Patriots earlier in the season."
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Upgrade, perhaps. Big upgrade???...meh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I thought the same thing. Welch wasn't even that effective ... and he can't catch. I was just going to start a thread about NE acquiring a 3rd TE. This is good news. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i think the plan was to bring him back all along - they just didnt want to waste a roster spot while he was injured

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Another one of BB's handshake releases. Way to work the roster coach!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Herald is reporting Dan G. has been resigned by the Patriots, big upgrade over Welch, who looked totally lost as the 3rd TE. " To fill the  roster spot vacated by the release of tackle  Tom Welch  earlier today , I’m told the Patriots have signed  Dan Gronkowski.  The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder played two games with the Patriots earlier in the season."
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

thank g-d,
        i asked for another te last night so gronk could make it into the passing plays more. and welch wow. not great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11:
    [QUOTE]I thought the same thing. Welch wasn't even that effective ... and he can't catch. I was just going to start a thread about NE acquiring a 3rd TE. This is good news. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

thinking alike, posted that on a thread last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Dan Gronkowski did not do a whole lot while he was here the first time or he would never have been released so i don't see whats so great about this (unless you think Belichek reads comm contrarian's posts).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Double Gronk Returns 10/10/11 : Upgrade, perhaps. Big upgrade???...meh.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

. Agreed, i came off sounding like a bit of a homer, but welch was that underwhelming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wonder if that's a hint Vollmer is getting better?  I suspect BB wanted Welch as a back-up tackle as much as a third TE.  If Vollmer is coming back, they've got three capable tackles and have space again for a "real" TE.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]i think the plan was to bring him back all along - they just didnt want to waste a roster spot while he was injured
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I think a lot of people thought. Esp, when Gronk was on 98.5 and said his brother wasn't leaving town just catching the sites and relaxing. It was pretty clear that there was a hand shake agreement that once he was healthy he'd be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE] Dan Gronkowski did not do a whole lot while he was here the first time or he would never have been released so i don't see whats so great about this (unless you think Belichek reads comm contrarian's posts).
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

He was injured. An injured backup taking up a roster isn't very desirable when you already have a number of injures. Besides everyone knew he wasn't signing anywhere else. They had a hand shake agreement that he'd be back once healthy