Dowling to IR.... again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Dowling to IR.... again.

Barring a big-time turnaround, it appears as if he is going to end up as another wasted 2nd-round pick.

Has looked very good when he has been on the field, but for some reason the coaching staff doesn't want to play him, and he can't stay healthy.

'Tis a shame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Dowling to IR.... again.

WOW!  ....but on the bright side, this means they will need someone to replace him.  :(

Is Law available?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Wheatley 2.0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wow, wheres the link? This cant be true .... smh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-place-CB-Ras-I-Dowling-on-Injured-Reserve/002c14ec-5014-4664-9535-8ed6e4ba5399

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Not like he did anything while he was on the field anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

crabled

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-place-CB-Ras-I-Dowling-on-Injured-Reserve/002c14ec-5014-4664-9535-8ed6e4ba5399

[/QUOTE]

Wow well I guess it was true about Glass I(injured) Dowling. What a shocker..He was never injured in college was he?

Bye week will give them time to find some scrub that was here in camp to take the spot...but this is getting a bit old

Chung as much i have defended him may be next. Every time he comes back to play he is gonna mess that shoulder up first hit and so I see him there soon as welll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

This was a borderline 1st round pick..

Wow, another bust. BB does alot of things right but drafting, evaluating talent and coaching up players at corner is not one of them.

In my opinion athough there are various components that make up a super bowl championship caliber team. In this new era of football, defenses should be built from the outside in as opposed to the traditional strong up the middle. Meaning corners, ends, Olb's and so on and so forth. Look no further then our next opponent, draft Jenkins, sign Finnegan, Draft Quinn who people don't realize is an absolute monster and Long. With that core I believe we are looking at a top ten defense this year.

I can't believe how terrible this secondary is and how the front office allowed it to be this way. Bar none the achilles heel of this team for seemingly years now. Yes, we have other problems but none on this scale. Moving Dmac to safety is admitting he is a bust at corner. Arrington couldn't cover Wilfork on a double move and should NEVER see the field as anything more then a dime corner. I'm sorry but Gregory and Moore are Jag's in my opinion. Chung a run stuffer in the box type safety who is pretty one dimensional. Wilson and Dennard get passes being rooks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, another bust. BB does alot of things right but drafting, evaluating talent and coaching up players at corner is not one of them.

In my opinion athough there are various components that make up a super bowl championship caliber team. In this new era of football, defenses should be built from the outside in as opposed to the traditional strong up the middle. Meaning corners, ends, Olb's and so on and so forth. Look no further then our next opponent, draft Jenkins, sign Finnegan, Draft Quinn who people don't realize is an absolute monster and Long. With that core I believe we are looking at a top ten defense this year.

I can't believe how terrible this secondary is and how the front office allowed it to be this way. Bar none the achilles heel of this team for seemingly years now. Yes, we have other problems but none on this scale. Moving Dmac to safety is admitting he is a bust at corner. Arrington couldn't cover Wilfork on a double move and should NEVER see the field as anything more then a dime corner. I'm sorry but Gregory and Moore are Jag's in my opinion. Chung a run stuffer in the box type safety who is pretty one dimensional. Wilson and Dennard get passes being rooks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Arrington used to be servicable and now with Glass I out, I dont think we have any choice BUT to play him ...this is gonna get ugly unless we get a safety.  time to force Nick Collins back from his spinal injury . he would be better then what we have..  He is available... Maybe they contact him n the bye week

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Wasted draft pick, didn't like it right from the start because of his injury history. How is is that some ordinary joe can see that this was a bad pick when it was made and the GM picks the guy. The GM should know that Dowling has serious injury issues and won't see the field much

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Arrington used to be servicable and now with Glass I out, I dont think we have any choice BUT to play him ...this is gonna get ugly unless we get a safety.  time to force Nick Collins back from his spinal injury . he would be better then what we have..  He is available... Maybe they contact him n the bye week

[/QUOTE]

Lmao, Glass-I.. that's classic.

Sad cause dude could have had most potential on the team at corner. stature and speed reminds me of Antonio Cromartie who I think is in the top 3 corner's in the league right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lmao, Glass-I.. that's classic.

Sad cause dude could have had most potential on the team at corner. stature and speed reminds me of Antonio Cromartie who I think is in the top 3 corner's in the league right now.

[/QUOTE]

I see what they were trying to do. Basically get Ras and hope and he end up like Cro who dropped due to a knee injury. I dont think he really has a season ending injury though. More likely B.B. just doesnt like him which is worse IMO. Because even when healthy this year he was getting any burn and its not like we have Ty Law and Mike Haynes out there  playin in front of him. My question is WHY draft a CB who excels in man coverage and ONLY play zone?!?!  Time to get a REAL identity on defense besides just stuffing the run. Right now we have nothing to lose so send the house and blitz. Worse case scenario is we will be in the same position we are in. Most big plays given up in the league

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It made me cringe any time he made a tackle knowing that it's putting him at  risk for injury. Really it was a risk to even put him on the field. He's been injured in his past without contact. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I love all the Monday Morning Quarterbacking going on in this thread to the tune of "I knew we shouldn't have drafted Ras I because he was an injury risk".  By that logic we shouldn't have drafted Gronk or Vollmer who have been All-Pros.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

I love all the Monday Morning Quarterbacking going on in this thread to the tune of "I knew we shouldn't have drafted Ras I because he was an injury risk".  By that logic we shouldn't have drafted Gronk or Vollmer who have been All-Pros.

[/QUOTE]

That's funny cause I never wrote anything to that "tune" and a quick scroll up shows that no one else has either so clearly your making things up. Nice try though, have a good day sir.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

That's funny cause I never wrote anything to that "tune" and a quick scroll up shows that no one else has either so clearly your making things up. Nice try though, have a good day sir.

[/QUOTE]

I would read more carefully if I were you.

"Wasted draft pick, didn't like it right from the start because of his injury history. How is is that some ordinary joe can see that this was a bad pick when it was made and the GM picks the guy. The GM should know that Dowling has serious injury issues and won't see the field much"

Or how about

"Wow well I guess it was true about Glass I(injured) Dowling. What a shocker..He was never injured in college was he?"

And that is in this thread alone.  Let alone the threads when we drafted him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually Gronk Had ONE injury that he got surgery for while Ras has been in and out with numerous injuries. There is a diff. between Cromratie and Gronk who were great talent who had season ending injuries in college. for the record though I am not harping on his season ending injury because like I stated I think its a copout for B.B. not liking a player which weve seen plenty of before. It means he doesnt want anyone else making him into a player so he selfishly puts a guy on IR cuz he isnt ready. My beef is why draft a strictly man Cb when you play so much zone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said it about Gronk or Vollmer. I did say that I didn't like the dowling pick the minute they made it . His injury history is like non I've ever seen. I lived in VA and followed UVA football . Good player but you could always count on him getting hurt. This is the only pick other than drafting two straight running backs a couple years ago that I complained about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

News flash!! Another second round bust. In other breaking, obvious - bound to happen news...tomorrow is Saturday, the sun is hot, it's generally cold in January, turkey is a popular food on Thanksgiving, and carbon monoxide is not good to breath.

Stayed tuned for more updates as this story unfolds...like Patrick Chung will get injured and when healthy blow coverages.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let's fact it. BB will never be enshrined in Canton for his drafting prowess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually Gronk Had ONE injury that he got surgery for while Ras has been in and out with numerous injuries. There is a diff. between Cromratie and Gronk who were great talent who had season ending injuries in college. for the record though I am not harping on his season ending injury because like I stated I think its a copout for B.B. not liking a player which weve seen plenty of before. It means he doesnt want anyone else making him into a player so he selfishly puts a guy on IR cuz he isnt ready. My beef is why draft a strictly man Cb when you play so much zone

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY! Gronk had one injury, that happens to everyone . Dowling has been injured every year since high school. In sports there are a few guys that are seriously injury prone. Dowling is like nobody I've ever seen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's fact it. BB will never be enshrined in Canton for his drafting prowess.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there Babe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would read more carefully if I were you.

"Wasted draft pick, didn't like it right from the start because of his injury history. How is is that some ordinary joe can see that this was a bad pick when it was made and the GM picks the guy. The GM should know that Dowling has serious injury issues and won't see the field much"

Or how about

"Wow well I guess it was true about Glass I(injured) Dowling. What a shocker..He was never injured in college was he?"

And that is in this thread alone.  Let alone the threads when we drafted him.

[/QUOTE]

He is a wasted draft pick.. sounds about right to me..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

News flash!! Another second round bust. In other breaking, obvious - bound to happen news...tomorrow is Saturday, the sun is hot, it's generally cold in January, turkey is a popular food on Thanksgiving, and carbon monoxide is not good to breath.

Stayed tuned for more updates as this story unfolds...like Patrick Chung will get injured and when healthy blow coverages.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not downplay the 1st round busts. McCourty and Meriweather will be jealous. And Ras-I and Chung at 33 & 34 are virtual 1st rounders as well.