Dowling to IR.... again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Dowling to IR.... again.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

News flash!! Another second round bust. In other breaking, obvious - bound to happen news...tomorrow is Saturday, the sun is hot, it's generally cold in January, turkey is a popular food on Thanksgiving, and carbon monoxide is not good to breath.

Stayed tuned for more updates as this story unfolds...like Patrick Chung will get injured and when healthy blow coverages.

[/QUOTE]

All 4 players mentioned are busts at their natural position. In fact you could go as far to say as in all of BB's tenure he's only drafted 1 very solid pro corner. Asante Samuel.

I can't remember another, and tha's saying alot.t
    Let's not downplay the 1st round busts. McCourty and Meriweather will be jealous. And Ras-I and Chung at 33 & 34 are virtual 1st rounders as well.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is a wasted draft pick.. sounds about right to me..

[/QUOTE]

Deflecting when shown the error of your ways... sounds about right to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He is a wasted draft pick.. sounds about right to me..

[/QUOTE]

Deflecting when shown the error of your ways... sounds about right to me.

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't pointed out where I was calling it a wasted draft pick cause of his injury history. So no, wrong again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

When did I specify it was you?  And you said I was making things up because no one in this thread said anything like that.  Can you read?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

News flash!! Another second round bust. In other breaking, obvious - bound to happen news...tomorrow is Saturday, the sun is hot, it's generally cold in January, turkey is a popular food on Thanksgiving, and carbon monoxide is not good to breath.

Stayed tuned for more updates as this story unfolds...like Patrick Chung will get injured and when healthy blow coverages.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not downplay the 1st round busts. McCourty and Meriweather will be jealous. And Ras-I and Chung at 33 & 34 are virtual 1st rounders as well.

[/QUOTE]

True

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If you taped the top 3 prospects at a need position to a wall and gave a blindfolded monkey a dart, could he miss any worse on draft day?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

If you taped the top 3 prospects at a need position to a wall and gave a blindfolded monkey a dart, could he miss any worse on draft day?

[/QUOTE]

Yes because in a passing league the top 3 prospects at corner are available in the 2nd round.  Belichick has missed on DBs, but let's not pretend he was choosing from amongst the top guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

When did I specify it was you?  And you said I was making things up because no one else did either.  Can you read?

[/QUOTE]

I think his point is. It is what it is. What does it matter who liked the pic  when it happened because i remember mixed reviews. I was one who really didnt have an opinion either way and on film he looked good so I wanted to see what he can do. Waited a whole offseason only to see him benched and then put on I/R after 15 snaps. I made the glass I comment but it was a joke. I really believe he could still play this year if they wanted him to but man CBs dont fit into zone schemes and thats MY beef. Whats your thoughts on him NOT playing when he was healthy and Why?

How much did Asante sign for again this summer??  WOuld have looked awfully good back in the blue n red... ijs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

When did I specify it was you?  And you said I was making things up because no one in this thread said anything like that.  Can you read?

[/QUOTE]

"Wasted draft pick, didn't like it right from the start because of his injury history. How is is that some ordinary joe can see that this was a bad pick when it was made and the GM picks the guy. The GM should know that Dowling has serious injury issues and won't see the field much"

Or how about

"Wow well I guess it was true about Glass I(injured) Dowling. What a shocker..He was never injured in college was he?

Your interpretation of something doesn't make to be correct. Rasi has a grocery list injury type history  all throughout high school and VT Where as Gronk had Just the back issue.

Horrible comparison.

Stop making things up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes because in a passing league the top 3 prospects at corner are available in the 2nd round.  Belichick has missed on DBs, but let's not pretend he was choosing from amongst the top guys.

[/QUOTE]

But he has had a luxury that most top 10 pickers haven't: He hasn't had to spend picks looking for that franchise QB in the last decade+.

And nobody held a gun to his head and made him trade down to the second round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I love all the Monday Morning Quarterbacking going on in this thread to the tune of "I knew we shouldn't have drafted Ras I because he was an injury risk".  By that logic we shouldn't have drafted Gronk or Vollmer who have been All-Pros.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm going to argue this point with...

Rasi actually got himself hurt running his forty during his pre draft workout. I'm serious. We drafted a guy that not only was an injury risk in college, but actually got injured running in a straight line in gym shorts. Think about that for a second - we are sitting at the top of the second round - we have all night to listen to trade offers and study the ddraft board and you end up with Rasi Dowling?!?! Rasi Dowling? Really? Really? Seriously? There wasn't one single solution that was better than Rasi?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how do explain Dick Sherman in the 5th. Players are players. You get them all througout the draft so the Where we pick is kind of lame unless we talking top ten guys. After the 1st, you can grab whoever you want and we dont pick ANY players regardless of what round lately in regards to Dbs. PC, you know what time it is, just call it straight. B.B. has drafted ONE good Db in like 10 years... U cant spin that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I love all the Monday Morning Quarterbacking going on in this thread to the tune of "I knew we shouldn't have drafted Ras I because he was an injury risk".  By that logic we shouldn't have drafted Gronk or Vollmer who have been All-Pros.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm going to argue this point with...

Rasi actually got himself hurt running his forty during his pre draft workout. I'm serious. We drafted a guy that not only was an injury risk in college, but actually got injured running in a straight line in gym shorts. Think about that for a second - we are sitting at the top of the second round - we have all night to listen to trade offers and study the ddraft board and you end up with Rasi Dowling?!?! Rasi Dowling? Really? Really? Seriously? There wasn't one single solution that was better than Rasi?

[/QUOTE]

Lmao and Pc is saying drafting him was as big a Gamble as drafting Gronk was. Rasi is the definition of a band aid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vollmer has had injury issues for us. And everybody knew he had a bad back on draft day as they knew Ras-I was injury prone. We've been lucky with Gronk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

how do explain Dick Sherman in the 5th. Players are players. You get them all througout the draft so the Where we pick is kind of lame unless we talking top ten guys. After the 1st, you can grab whoever you want and we dont pick ANY players regardless of what round lately in regards to Dbs. PC, you know what time it is, just call it straight. B.B. has drafted ONE good Db in like 10 years... U cant spin that.

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on.  By that logic teams should look for their QBs in the 6th round because that is where Tom Brady was drafted.  Look at the top corners all around the league.  They are almost all 1st round picks and most of them in the upper half of the round.  Sure there are a few exceptions, but so what?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vollmer has had injury issues for us. And everybody knew he had a bad back on draft day as they knew Ras-I was injury prone. We've been lucky with Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

I think having one documented injury like Gronk and his back is different then being injury prone and getting hurt wherever however. Which is far worse, imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

HOTBLITZ you really are a piece of work.  To recap.  You said I was making things up when I pointed out people are pulling out the "I knew Ras I was injury prone so we shouldn't have drafted him" card.  I wasn't.  You were wrong.  Attacking straw men in order to deflect from this very basic point is pretty ridiculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Time to flush that toilet and start over.  Wipe them out.  All of them. Well, keep this years crop.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly my point.  We take guys with injury risks probably because it is the easiest way to draft guys with high first round upside in the later parts of the draft.  No one complains about the ones that work out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on.  By that logic teams should look for their QBs in the 6th round because that is where Tom Brady was drafted.  Look at the top corners all around the league.  They are almost all 1st round picks and most of them in the upper half of the round.  Sure there are a few exceptions, but so what?

[/QUOTE]

No that wasnt my point. Of course of u take a guy earlier if U want him. MY point was B.B. is the one who sais "it doesnt matter where ur drafted because u are all the same at camp" 

B.B actually has chosen quite a few Dbs late and thats HIS choice. he can draft a Cb in the 1st but hasnt until Devin. Hobbs was a 5th rounder who started and B.B. loved. Asante was a 4rth rounder. Rodney was a 5th rounder. The only busts have been the early pics with us. so explain that...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

HOTBLITZ you really are a piece of work.  To recap.  You said I was making things up when I pointed out people are pulling out the "I knew Ras I was injury prone so we shouldn't have drafted him" card.  I wasn't.  You were wrong.  Attacking straw men in order to deflect from this very basic point is pretty ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

I'm the piece of work yet everyone is disagreeing with you, lol.. right.

Stop comparing Rasi's constant band aidness to Gronk's one issue.

You stated you love all the Monday Morning qb'ing meanwhile when I called you out on it you gave 2 examples of wat you meant. Which it turned out that neither really backed your claim. Here they are.

"Wasted draft pick, didn't like it right from the start because of his injury history. How is is that some ordinary joe can see that this was a bad pick when it was made and the GM picks the guy. The GM should know that Dowling has serious injury issues and won't see the field much"

Or how about

"Wow well I guess it was true about Glass I(injured) Dowling. What a shocker..He was never injured in college was he?

The second had nothing to do with talk of drafting. So bad example. The first was but this guy was pretty much a first round pick so e deserves every bit of bashing for this pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

No that wasnt my point. Of course of u take a guy earlier if U want him. MY point was B.B. is the one who sais "it doesnt matter where ur drafted because u are all the same at camp" 

B.B actually has chosen quite a few Dbs late and thats HIS choice. he can draft a Cb in the 1st but hasnt until Devin. Hobbs was a 5th rounder who started and B.B. loved. Asante was a 4rth rounder. Rodney was a 5th rounder. The only busts have been the early pics with us. so explain that...

[/QUOTE]

No one is saying you can't get quality guys at CB in the later rounds, but the odds are not in your favor.  For every Asante there are 10 first rounders.  I mean hell off the top of my head 1st rd CBs that are pretty dam good are Revis, Asomugha, Cromartie, Haden, Hall, Joseph, Bailey, Rogers, Peterson.  I'm sure there are a lot more that I can't even remember.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

And to top it off, I never made the comment in the first place.. Dude Thriller album track 5 please.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm the piece of work yet everyone is disagreeing with you, lol.. right.

Stop comparing Rasi's constant band aidness to Gronk's one issue.

You stated you love all the Monday Morning qb'ing meanwhile when I called you out on it you gave 2 examples of wat you meant. Which it turned out that neither really backed your claim. Here they are.

Or how about

The second had nothing to do with talk of drafting. So bad example. The first was but this guy was pretty much a first round pick so e deserves every bit of bashing for this pick.

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying Dowling was a good pick.  I am saying this is what happens when you draft injury risks which is something the Patriots do.  I've explained why I think they do.  You have to take the good and the bad.  Saying you knew not to draft the ones that didn't work out is pretty pointless imo.  If you are going to make a fair criticism you have to consider the players we wouldn't have gotten if we weren't willing to take guys with injuries on their resume.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

And to top it off, I never made the comment in the first place.. Dude Thriller album track 5 please.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you are the one called me out first genius.  My original post wasn't even in reference to you.  You chose to make it about you.