Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

This is what I thought at half time.  I posted it in the thread. I had never seen the Pats in a total free fall collapse like this.  That's going back to 1971.

I was literally sick during the 1st half and in the 2nd half I was yelling and on the edge of my seat right through the overtime. 

Like a roller coaster ride.

"Yeah I thought they were a lot closer. Still rooting here but depressed.

They are playing worse than they are. The Broncos aren't that good and the Pats aren't this bad but tonight the Broncos are Superman and the Pats are some uncoordinated office assistant."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

I thought they would make a comeback, and win. Did anyone else not think that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I need a drink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

My thoughts at halftime was our fans our fair weather p*ssies leaving in droves. The worse of the lot are the club seat holders who stayed inside for almost the entire 2nd quarter and a good portion of the 3rd quarter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts at halftime was our fans our fair weather p*ssies leaving in droves. The worse of the lot are the club seat holders who stayed inside for almost the entire 2nd quarter and a good portion of the 3rd quarter.

[/QUOTE]

Fair weather fans literally in this case 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am glad I have my DVR for upcoming Patriots history!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I went to the can and made some little Rusty's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought there's plenty of time left and we get the ball. And we have Tom Brady 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After paying all that $$$ for good seats, parking and concessions, plus freezing to death, they'd have to pry my frozen rear out of the chair with a crow bar to make me leave, I don't care what the score was!

[/QUOTE]

Tailgate... game (don't leave until coaches handshake at mid field) ... tailgate until they throw us out of lot. By that time rte 1 is pretty much clear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My thoughts were the Broncos weren't really dominating and stopping the Pats.  The Pats made three consecutive fumbles contributing to 17 quick Bronco points in which the Broncos accumulated "only" 45 yards of offense and a defensive TD to get there.  Everyone must have forgotten the Broncos punted THREE times and only had one sustained drive for a TD.

So, if the Broncos could get ahead in this fashion, I felt the Pats could do the same in the second half.  It was just a matter of time for them to get their act together.  They did!!! Pats moved the ball WITHOUT turning it over and it was the Broncos turn to turn it over.  As with any game like this, so often one team gets a break to win and the Pats did with the punt muff.

The talking heads all talked about how if the Broncos didn't make those second half mistakes, they would have won the game.  I thought, if the Pats hadn't made those first half mistakes, the Broncos wouldn't have had a 24 - 0 lead.  Goes to show the slant of the media.  Fortunately, some talking heads gave credit where due.  The Pats EARNED the win by keeping at it and trying for the rest of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

welp, first I had a flip out. totally lost my mind, threw some things got pissed off that we didnt show up to the biggest game of the year.

threw F-bomb on F-bomb until i calmed down. collected myself. looked at my dad and said all we need is quick scores and stops. we have TB we arent gonna lie down for these sh1ts. its cold, its the Razor, Manning will choke. keep chipping. lets get to work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts were the Broncos weren't really dominating and stopping the Pats. 

[/QUOTE]

Correct. The Patriots put themseves in the hole they were in. Ridley, O-line/TB and Blount.

TB led them back like the leader he is.

Ddid Blount take a helmet to the head?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

My first thought was this is ugly and I turned it off. Then I was watching a dvd movie I remembered last year against the 49ers we were down what 28-3 or 31-10??? Remember?? So I thought we came back and tied that game so we still have an outside chance in this one. Sure enough, I turn on the tv late in the 3rd quarter and it was a game. Pleasantly surpried.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3985675. Show user_3985675's posts

60 minutes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My first thought was this is ugly and I turned it off. Then I was watching a dvd movie I remembered last year against the 49ers we were down what 28-3 or 31-10??? Remember?? So I thought we came back and tied that game so we still have an outside chance in this one. Sure enough, I turn on the tv late in the 3rd quarter and it was a game. Pleasantly surpried.

[/QUOTE]

dont ever post on here. how the hell do you turn off the game. honestly. thats just sad man. i normally dont call people out here but seriously if you turn off the game cuz we are losing dont associate with the team please.

thats how fanbases get bad raps

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts were the Broncos weren't really dominating and stopping the Pats. 

[/QUOTE]

Correct. The Patriots put themseves in the hole they were in. Ridley, O-line/TB and Blount.

TB led them back like the leader he is.

Did Blount take a helmet to the head?

[/QUOTE]

I say yes..  if you recall the replays, there was no strip attempt on the part of the defenders, the ball was not hit by a helmet and it simply dropped out of Blount's arms when he was hit in the helmet.  IMHO, he may have been knocked out very briefly to drop the ball then had enough sense to reach out for it, thereby, touching the defender to down him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I also thought that as cold as it was the ball must be hard as a rock. The other thought I had was they must not sell the red seats cause no one was in them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I was watching the game at my sister's place in CT. At halftime, my wife suggested I switch off the TV, and watch my DVR recording later this week when we get home, because I was getting grumpy. I said no, I was going to watch it thru the end. I was also happy that my 10-yr old son stayed with me 'til the end of the game. He was really disappointed with how the Carolina game ended.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

I told my wife that I had enough of this. I went to the compter and started read this forum when somebody mentioned about being a pats fan, and to hang in there. I went back to the den and told my wife "im back and we are going to win this game.

GO PATS 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Score on the first drive, more three n outs from D, create TOs, ball security.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I sent a text to my Brother that we'd come back and he texted back saying he was watching The Walking Dead so I said me too!  Then I we to the fridge for a beer and saw a bottle of sake chilling in there so I followed TB's advise and I got Lubed Up!!!