Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Down 24-0, What Were Your Halftime Thoughts?

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:

I think this question is little like "where were you when JFK died"? where you can't forget what you doing, thinking, feeling at those moments. That's how horrible it was watching the 24-0 first half meltdown. 

Myself: 2 thoughts: go to my girlfriends house and f++k her because that seemed better than the abuse I was witnessing. Second thought: don't remember but I was listening to Zo on 98.5 and felt encouraged as he said the D needed to step and get the team some turnovers/stops with a short field for easier TD in view of weather conditions. Zo was exactly right. 

Tears!

I was at a friend's house and he and his wife had some people over.  The have a ping pong table. I suggested some ping pong and I didn't even race back in to the room when the 3rd qtr started. Once I got back in there, the Pats were driving.

I believe in sitting in a different chair or doing something to try to change the luck.

Rusty

I guess sitting in that different chair worked!

I have never seen a game like that before: so wild, such swings of fortune mostly brought about by turnovers and bracketed by separate halfs,  such bold decision making on the part of BB. Epic is the only word I can use to get a grip on it. The kind of game that restores faith in God. Like Hendu hitting that home run in the 9th inning of the 5th game of the 86 ALCS that turned the fate of Sox to come back and take it from the Angels. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Still thinking Pats are going to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My toes are really, really cold.  Better take a walk before the second half begins. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My toes are really, really cold.  Better take a walk before the second half begins. 

[/QUOTE]

I bet you left to catch the train, didn't you?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after the game was over . . .  I've never left a game early in my life. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I made the conscience decision to switch from sam adams winter lager to a large glass of glenlivet....or 2. It was this action that resulted in our victory! You are welcome.

[/QUOTE]

It's up to you to keep this going the rest of the season!

[/QUOTE]

Im on it. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Rank the 2013 comebacks: Pats/Broncos, Red Sox/Tigers (Papi slam), Bruins/Leafs Game 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I bet you left to catch the train, didn't you?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after the game was over . . .  I've never left a game early in my life. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I believe you.  Must have been nice to be rewarded for that one.    The lot would have been a blast after that game.

One of my uncles was saying the pre game fires were out of control in the lots.

[/QUOTE]

This season is a special one.  We've had two games that may go down as two of the best comebacks in Pats history . . . the Saints game and last night's game. It's amazing how many "fans" left both those games early, though.  Really shameful how bad some of our fans are. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Sitting in front of my TV in Boise ID watching a Fukkin Nightmare unfold and getting plastered on Vodka--then the Magic happened and I could have died in that moment--Middleboro Mass class of 77!! Go Pasts!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Rank the 2013 comebacks: Pats/Broncos, Red Sox/Tigers (Papi slam), Bruins/Leafs Game 7.

I have to go Bruins-Leafs first. And the other two tied.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

I think this question is little like "where were you when JFK died"? where you can't forget what you doing, thinking, feeling at those moments. That's how horrible it was watching the 24-0 first half meltdown. 

Myself: 2 thoughts: go to my girlfriends house and f++k her because that seemed better than the abuse I was witnessing. Second thought: don't remember but I was listening to Zo on 98.5 and felt encouraged as he said the D needed to step and get the team some turnovers/stops with a short field for easier TD in view of weather conditions. Zo was exactly right. 

Tears!

I was at a friend's house and he and his wife had some people over.  The have a ping pong table. I suggested some ping pong and I didn't even race back in to the room when the 3rd qtr started. Once I got back in there, the Pats were driving.

I believe in sitting in a different chair or doing something to try to change the luck.

Rusty

I have never seen a game like that before: so wild, such swings of fortune mostly brought about by turnovers and bracketed by separate halfs,  such bold decision making on the part of BB. Epic is the only word I can use to get a grip on it. The kind of game that restores faith in God. Like Hendu hitting that home run in the 9th inning of the 5th game of the 86 ALCS that turned the fate of Sox to come back and take it from the Angels. 

That playoff homerun is so underrated. Ironically, Al Michaels called that game, too. 

"She is gone! Unbelievable!"

[/QUOTE]

Don't ever forget Don Baylor's HR two batters before Hendu's. If it wasn't for Baylor's HR Hendu's wouldn't have mattered. Don't get me wrong, Hendu's may be the biggest post season home run in our history but Baylor's never get the credit it deserves. Al Michaels has said that game was the most exiting game he ever did in sports including the USA-USSR "Do you believe in miracles, Yes" olympic hockey game.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Again was on a 7 day BENDER--- getting hammered like I've done my whole life, being the Lush I am and ALMOST jumped in the Bottle of Vodka hoping to drown  and call it a life----then the Miracle of Christmas happened and the Pats beat the Donkeyhead Again--I reset my mind -- called a friend went to a Boise bar to celebrate and at 1:45 AM my buddy and another guy pulled Kives on each other! Cops came-- my buddy was hauled off and called in the late afternoon as I was slowly shaking off my ten thousandth hangover--- feeling like a worn out whorrre after servicing 50 dudes. Didnt feel the punch that suckerpunched me trying to pull this dude of my friend, until waking up to a phone call from the Bondsman asking if I'd co-sign for his 50,000 bond--But hey so is the life I live when the Pats play -- I guess you can't call me a fair weather fan--Go Pats from Middleboro Mass to Boise ID!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tears!

Rusty

That playoff homerun is so underrated. Ironically, Al Michaels called that game, too. 

"She is gone! Unbelievable!"

[/QUOTE]

Don't ever forget Don Baylor's HR two batters before Hendu's. If it wasn't for Baylor's HR Hendu's wouldn't have mattered. Don't get me wrong, Hendu's may be the biggest post season home run in our history but Baylor's never get the credit it deserves. Al Michaels has said that game was the most exiting game he ever did in sports including the USA-USSR "Do you believe in miracles, Yes" olympic hockey game.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Didn't Gedman have a great at-bat too? I watched that recently. Just such a classic.  I always laughed at the scattered Sox fans in the bleachers on Hendu's homer. There were no Angels fans really out there.

That was a Sunday, by the way. I believe the Pats had just won and then people were watching that game after that. Wild.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Gedman was complaining about a sign in centerfield that said, "Another Boston Choke" They made the fans take it down, then left handed pitcher Gary Lucas hits him on the first pitch. I believe Lucas hadn't hit anyone in years or something like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm surprised at how many turned away from the game at half.. get real guys! support W or L no fairweather

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I didn't see th first half because I was at work until 9:00. I came home at 9:30.  I was shock at first until my instinct said that Bill and Brady will not let Manning win at their truff. So I have faith of my team can win.

Plus, it wasn't really that bad. they can still earn points  and win the game at the second half but it is going to be tough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Come to think of it, you should add the Celtics comeback in game 3 of the 2002 Eastern Finals gainst the Nets. Down 21 late in the third. And even better the 24 point comeback over the Lakers in game 4 of the 08 finals. That was my favorite. I mean they had nothing in the first half but believed in themselves and won. And one more that we seem to forget. Game 5 of the 2008 ALCS against the Rays. Down 7-1 late in the game. Papi starts it off(of course) with a 3 run hr to cut it to 7-4 and then they just chip away. I believe Coco Crisp tied it and JD Drew got the winning hit.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts at halftime was our fans our fair weather p*ssies leaving in droves. The worse of the lot are the club seat holders who stayed inside for almost the entire 2nd quarter and a good portion of the 3rd quarter.

[/QUOTE]
    hey ghost,

take a bucket, fill it with water and ice, put your feet in it. Now take another bucket and fill it with water and ice and put your face in it. See how long you can stay like that. I saw an awful lot of folks not quite dressed for the weather.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1