Draft Direction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Draft Direction

If Bodden resigns,Crumpler and Daniel Fells sign on at TE,David Pattern and Josh Reed AT wr, What direction do we go at draft time? Need, Best athlete, by position, value etc. With our first four picks I would go 1) DE, Odrick or Alex Carrington 2)OLB,Jerry Hughes or Eric Norwood 3) WR,Demaryius Thomas or Arrelious Benn and at 53rd pick 4)RB,Toby Gerhart or LeGarrette Blount
    In the later rounds anotherWR & TE,OL /DL depth and maybe a punter.
    Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Draft Direction

#22 will be an interesting spot.  We have a chance at Brandon Graham and if we miss out on him I think Weatherspoon is the pick because he can play ILB and OLB.  Because of the versital Weatherspoon being there I think Odrick, who was my original pick, will be passed over.

Jerry Hughes has worked his way back up the order.  It's way too high to pick Norwood.  But I think it's the place to get a TE in Gronkowski.  I've never been sold on Hernandez like other draftniks are here.

Benn has fallen off the charts.  Thomas would be a nice selection but I wonder if it's necessary to select a WR.  Gerhart would have to be the selection here or risk loosing him.  I might have to rethink this and make Gerhart the first of the 2nd rounders the Pats have.

Because we have lost Odrick I'm looking at Thomas or Houston here for the DT spot.  It's a need not only for a starter but for backup as well.

In later rounds I always thought you should go with the best athelete. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

garytx, thanx for your reply.Brandon Graham and Weatherspoon could be gone by the time we pick at #22. Odrrick is 5-tech. were as Thomas is a one gap tackle and Houston is projected to go in the 3rd round.I kinda agree what you say about  Demaryius Thomas( not a need) he has so much upside and David Patten &Josh Reed don't scare anyone. I think everyone is on the Gerhart bandwagon and Rob Gronkowski ? I don't know,what are the Patroit plans for our TE's besides blocking?They may have two blockers on board in Crumpler and Fells.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

I like Carlos Dunlap at #22.  All the doubts about his effort and character may give us an opportunity to steal a top 10 talent at #22.  His best performances came from bigger games and tough competitions, such as the 09 national championship.  Super talents can get bored sometimes.  Lack of efforts has also been said of Richard Seymour and J Peppers. 

I also really like Demeryius Thomas.  The only question is: can he run all the routes?  If he tests out OK, he could be a good option at 22 if Odrick, Dunlap, Graham, Kindle and R Sapp are no longer available. 

I don't like Gerhart at the second round.  Good running backs such as  C Scott, Hardest, A Dixon and Ben Tate should be available at the 4th round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Direction:
    I like Carlos Dunlap at #22.  All the doubts about his effort and character may give us an opportunity to steal a top 10 talent at #22.  His best performances came from bigger games and tough competitions, such as the 09 national championship.  Super talents can get bored sometimes.  Lack of efforts has also been said of Richard Seymour and J Peppers.  I also really like Demeryius Thomas.  The only question is: can he run all the routes?  If he tests out OK, he could be a good option at 22 if Odrick, Dunlap, Graham, Kindle and R Sapp are no longer available.  I don't like Gerhart at the second round.  Good running backs such as  C Scott, Hardest, A Dixon and Ben Tate should be available at the 4th round.
    Posted by TrustBill

Demaryius Thomas,WR,GA TECH,6'3''-229    Incredible size and speed,but very sloppy in his routes.Great blocker as well.A little coaching will turn him into a solid WR prospect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Graham/Dunlap/Griffen/Kindle in the first

Gerhart/Best

Thomas/Benn

Carrington

That would make me very happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

1. OLB
    2. DE
    3. TE
    4. RB
    5. OLB or TE
    6. Punter
    7, 8, and 9. Indiscriminant Depth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamBelichick. Show TeamBelichick's posts

My first post

I pray at night  that next year we take

Mark Ingram

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Direction:
    garytx, thanx for your reply.Brandon Graham and Weatherspoon could be gone by the time we pick at #22. Odrrick is 5-tech. were as Thomas is a one gap tackle and Houston is projected to go in the 3rd round.I kinda agree what you say about  Demaryius Thomas( not a need) he has so much upside and David Patten &Josh Reed don't scare anyone. I think everyone is on the Gerhart bandwagon and Rob Gronkowski ? I don't know,what are the Patroit plans for our TE's besides blocking?They may have two blockers on board in Crumpler and Fells.
    Posted by dwhite1220

I agree about Graham but I do see Weatherspoon there.  Odricks stock has dropped a little.  That's why I've changed my mind a bit on the 1st round selection.  If Weatherspoon isn't there that means somebody has to drop.  A very good player has to drop.  I have to disagree with you on Houston.  Granted, it's a little high but I do see Houston as a legit 2nd rounder.  You're 3rd WR in general is not going to scare anyone.  Whose #3 does?  I find Reed to be a very good pick up for that #3 spot and let's not forget about Tate!  My reasoning here is that we have other needs.  With the signing of Bodden we are only a handful of players away from fixing this thing.  Plus, one has to take into consideration next years draft where we can tweak areas of depth. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Need to go Defense with first pick I feel.--->DE/OLB! - Brandon Graham - @22 pick (IF there of course).