DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS

OK ...
      Anybody that is even remotely familiar with BB & Pats Draft history knows that we'll be TRADING come APRIL 22 -24th .

The only question is :
    WHO ARE THE MOST LIKELY SUSPECTS TO BE OUR TRADE PARTNERS ?

1) Jacksonville - They have multiple needs and would certainly like to add picks . We stole their 2nd rndr last year , so the lines of communication are there .
     The regime is desperate to win NOW and save their bacon . Conversely ,they are strugglin' financially and ownership would love to market them as "TEBOW's TEAM " , so a trade back to middle of 1st round ( Pats #22? ) and aquiring extra picks and THEN getting the Gatorboy would seem to be an attractive consideration .
     That coveted #10 pick is also a value pick- where the $igning money starts to get much more reasonable , so BB might be tempted to actually TRADE up .

2) Buffalo - Same scenario as Jax ( w/o the regime in trouble ) Might Chan Gailey & Co. covet Tebow / Clausen , but not enough to spend a top 10 pick ? ( Buf has #9 ) Trading to mid 1st  , adding a Qb and adding picks might be an appealing way for this franchise to turn things around .

3) Carolina - Devoid of a 1st rounder and very desperate to win NOW ( see lameduck status of their Coach / Gm ) this team is ripe for the pickin'. Owning two premiere game proven NFL Rbs in Jonathan Stewart & D'Angelo Hall, it would be awesome for Pats to pluck one ( though Panthers currently are stating neither is available ). Also - Should Clausen fall and still be on the board at #22 , might the Panthers be tempted to add a potential future face of the franchise ?
      Carolina's top draft picks ( The 16th picks in 2nd  & 3rd rounds ) probably look pretty appealing to BB.

Can anybody think of other potentially "good fit " trading partners ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Re: DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS

Denver. I say this because the NFL Network brought this up:

Denver has the 11th pick. Most teams shy away from the top 10 picks due to money. The 11th pick therefore has appeal. Factor in Brandon Marshall as a pretty much surefire player out of Denver and the Broncos are in a nice place. Dez Bryant could possibly drop to 22 where Denver could grab him as a replacement for Marshall. Could the Patriots conceivably get the 11th pick and Marshall for the 22 and maybe a 2nd rounder and other considerations? Would Josh Daniels like to see Adalius Thomas in a Denver uniform? How much would Marshall along with, say, Jason Pierre-Paul improve the Patriots this year? I'm drooling. Yes, Marshall has some "issues" and I doubt we'll get him but, the idea intrigues me all the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

How much would Marshall along with, say, Jason Pierre-Paul improve the Patriots this year?

MrBungle, That would be awesome if we got that for # 22 and a 2nd rounder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS:
        Can anybody think of other potentially "good fit " trading partners ?  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

How could you leave out our favorite uncle al from oakland?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS:
    How much would Marshall along with, say, Jason Pierre-Paul improve the Patriots this year? MrBungle, That would be awesome if we got that for # 22 and a 2nd rounder.
    Posted by timsandra

Well, all I am saying is that it's "do-able" considering our picks and BB wouldn't be afraid to trade a player we'd think untouchable. Denver is in a good place and so are we. Factor in Josh McDaniels (who is by no means an enemy of BB) and it gets you thinking of possibilities. Anything could happen here IMO. Of course, I'm just a dude sitting in my office chair dreaming..... ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Well i agree with you about JPP. I think he may be the one guy that BB will seriously consider trading up for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Could the Patriots conceivably get the 11th pick and Marshall for the 22 and maybe a 2nd rounder and other considerations?"

NO

I doubt the Pats have any interest in Marshall and if they did, why the heck would Denver make that trade??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think Carolina might be be one

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't know why Denver would get rid of Marshall and then draft another problem child in Dez Bryant.  I'd like to see them target Rolando McClain with the #11 pick.

Maybe we could re-sign Bethel Johnson and trade him to Oakland for their first round pick haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS:
    I don't know why Denver would get rid of Marshall Posted by NickC1188

are they shopping him? this has been one of the most puzzling pieces this off season, would a thought he'd be long gone by now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I'm sure that the Ravens ( Oher ) and the Packers ( Clay Mathews ) are more than willing to hear what we'd have to say in regards to another Draft day deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

2009 dance partners:

Baltimore wanted pick 23.
    Green Bay wanted pick 26
    New England traded up to pick 40 with Oakland
    Jacksonville wanted pick 73
    Tennessee wanted pick 89
    Philadelplia wanted Ellis Hobbs
    New England traded up to pick 123 with Baltimore

2008 dance partners:

New Orleans wanted pick #7
    San Diego wanted pick #79
    New England traded up to pick 153 with Tampa Bay

2007 dance partners:

San Francisco wanted pick #28
    Oakland wanted pick #91
    New England traded on draft day for Oakland's Randy Moss

So that's nine trade-outs or trade-downs in three years, three non-blockbuster trade-ups, one picks-for-player in and one out.  The favorite partners are Oakland (3) and Baltimore (2). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Chicago, they don't have a 1st or a 2nd.  Seen some RUMORS only but seen some that say they are interested in jumping into the 2nd for a safety.  Because they have many needs I think they ofer a 2010 and couple of 2011.  They have 1 pick in each round 3rd to 7th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

kn Response to Re: DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS:
    In Response to Re: DRAFT: PATS TRADE PARTNERS : are they shopping him? this has been one of the most puzzling pieces this off season, would a thought he'd be long gone by now.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Just shows what a complete jakkoff he must be, that NFL insiders don't want him at any price.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I would be up for it, if we trade one of our early 2nd to Bears for their 1st next year. That way, we will have 3 round 1 picks!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

don't forget our favorite uncle swapped us a third round pick for #53. I forgot his name.Announcers never really mentioned his name the entire year except for being late once.What's his name?