Draft so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Draft so far

Kind of disappointing.

Tough watching player, after player being taken off the board while we sat so far back in the second only to come up with a skinny pass rusher that basically will take the place of Mark Anderson (at best, if we're lucky). Then we go out and select a wide receiver that doesn't really fit the mold of the quicker...more sudden receiver we usually look for. Honestly I got the feeling the players they wanted in the third round were long gone at that point...leading us to reach for not one, but two kids from Rutgers.

The only thing that made sense was that no one in their right mind was going to give us a 1st/2nd round draft pick for a quarterback that was a third round pick (and has done nothing to prove he should of been drafted higher). So those Mallett rumors to Cleveland because Lombardi loved this guy so much were complete BS...most everyone knew that (except rusty).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Draft so far

Seems like BB's trying really really hard to polish turds into gems or he's blowing a draft by trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

Mallett to Cleveland is a no brainer...lol   It's like every year the loons come out and think a team is going to give us a 1st for our lame backups.  I kinda remember it starting with the Black dude (forget his name) then it was O'conner now Mallett....I'm f'en wasted Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Kind of disappointing.

Tough watching player, after player being taken off the board while we sat so far back in the second only to come up with a skinny pass rusher that basically will take the place of Mark Anderson (at best, if we're lucky). Then we go out and select a wide receiver that doesn't really fit the mold of the quicker...more sudden receiver we usually look for. Honestly I got the feeling the players they wanted in the third round were long gone at that point...leading us to reach for not one, but two kids from Rutgers.

The only thing that made sense was that no one in their right mind was going to give us a 1st/2nd round draft pick for a quarterback that was a third round pick (and has done nothing to prove he should of been drafted higher). So those Mallett rumors to Cleveland because Lombardi loved this guy so much were complete BS...most everyone knew that (except rusty).  

hurl i give my jints a solid B so far

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I really like the first two picks - Collins is a great pick.  The kid is gonna be a fan favorite.

Love the WR selection.

I guess the CB from Rutgers is okay.  The Safety?  That is a mystery as they could have picked him with one of their 7th round picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I really like the first two picks - Collins is a great pick.  The kid is gonna be a fan favorite.

Love the WR selection.

I guess the CB from Rutgers is okay.  The Safety?  That is a mystery as they could have picked him with one of their 7th round picks.

I feel the same as you brother - love the 1st three picks but the 2nd 3rd rounder is mindboggling--Stedman Bailey or a Stout D lineman next to Vince would have been my pick-we'll see if I'm wrong -- but I loved the Bailey kid as another WR! Give Tom  a 2-for one chance to STRETCH the field!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

I would have loved to see Stedman Bailey as the pick too and think he will be a great pro but I can sort of understand BBs logic in not getting another rookie WR because one of them would never play this year.  I would have rather doubled up for camp competition but realistically Dobson should grow into Lloyd's role while learning behind Jones, while Edelman and Amendola take Welkers touches.  Dobson, if he can learn quickly, is probably the 6th option so Bailey would have been the 7th.  Not many touches for that guy on NE right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

guys i pasted every teams picks, take a peak and weigh in on your opinon of how they did. 

excellent to awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

For it to be a successful draft at least 3 guys should still be in the NFL 6 years from now;  not necessarily with the Pats because they may not renew their rookie deals.

A 53 man roster is going to suffer some attrition every year, so you need to replenish those who leave with FAs and the draft.  Let's assume Armstead and Amendola are going to be around for a while as core guys.  Kelly is a fill-in for a few years at best.  Collins and Dobson have to be productive guys for the next 5-6 years.  Then they need to hit on at least one other guy they've drafted already or will draft today.  It's basic math.  You lose guys that retire, those you choose not to re-sign (WW), or JAGs that can't play NFL caliber football.  You must make up for those who depart with core guys who you build continuity around.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Catfish - nice post, though I think the 'expectation' needs to be tempered a little based on available draft talent, number of picks available, and where the picks fall. And the drafting team's current roster is a factor as well. Bad teams are going to have a lot more success just because the roster competition is so bad. You took some of that into account by including FA pick-ups like Amstead.

I also don't think you can't discount fill in vets. Agree A.Wilson and Kelly are short term players, but the right mix of those veteran fill-ins can make a huge difference to team success and allow time to develop or find longer term solutions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Collins will be be a player who will be able to do multiple things in the Pat's D. He can cover and rush the QB and has the ability to make plays in space against RB's and TE's.

Dobson... as always it comes down to the ability to understand the offense. If he does this he will thrive with Brady.

Ryan is here for special teams and depth this year and to compete for the starting corner position next year when Talib is gone.

Harmon... yeah well uh... yeah I think... possibly he could... well i guess...

Agree. Only explanation I have on Harmon is that he is supposed to spend the next year shaddowing A. Wilson and will eventually replace him (A.Wilson is not going to make it to the end of his 3 yr contract with the Pats.)
    I also suspect BB had a sure thing trade in hand for the pick, and something happened to mess it up - someone taking the targeted player in the few picks before #91? and BB was scrambling to find another trade partner and got 'stuck'.