DRAFT TALK...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Re: DRAFT TALK...

Fuzzy...check your history. Our Championship teams were built on lower round picks. You're a Pats fan for how long?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to Re: DRAFT TALK...:
    [QUOTE]Fuzzy...check your history. Our Championship teams were built on lower round picks. You're a Pats fan for how long?
    Posted by noncallcity[/QUOTE]

Fan since before Grogan started wearing a neck brace.  I know the deal with the history of the Patriots draft, but was talking more about the last few years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

I see us taking a RB early, maybe even first.  Defense can then be added to in lower rounds. A power back can keep us on the field evenif he is sharing with Maroney.  No more three and outs will help the defense as they will not be as tired in the second half.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The draft is a tough subject to detail the day before, but to do it months ahead wow! Add to that the Patriots have a certain way they evaluate a bit different then most other teams and it is damn near impossible to know how they will go. By the time you factor in free agents and possible trades, now your needs have changed.
    Having said all this I think it is safe to say they need to draft RB, LB, OL, and WR.  They need to improve the Oline and I hope the right side gets overhauled at the very least. Vollmer, Mankins and Koppen have to remain in place and Light is ok if they are willing to put Vollmer at RT for one year letting Light finish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow , cmon , r u cerial? First no rookie is gonna step in n become a locker room leader , sorry , but that foolish. He never proved that he can play QB postion straight up , and most importantly I throw-up a lil' everytime I hear that moral garbage. PRODUCE , I dont care a bit if ur a nice guy or not. Your not coming over for thanksgiving n we're not going out share a coke n a smile.
    Posted by SICOFITALL[/QUOTE]

First of all, if you actually read my post, I said he would DEVELOP into a locker room leader. Is that foolish? I mean Mayo is a captain after one season, so development can be rapid. Second, if you're vomiting over someone else's morals, that sounds like a personal problem. Aren't NON-christians the ones that are supposed to be always preaching tolerance? But i don't want to get into all that. All I'm saying is the guy would come in humble, find his place without complaining, and we all know that he is a winner. Winning attitudes are contageous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DRAFT TALK... : jerry hughes is A LOT better than Von Miller, its just that Hughes doesnt get the respect  or credit he deserves because he plays for TCU. if he played for florida or usc or texas he would be a top ten pick. easily.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

~Personally I'm waiting for the Combine and Draft-related games, interviews and all else to decide which of the two will make the better 3-4 rush OLB, BUT your argument goes that Jerry Hughes is "ALOT" better than Von Miller, who is faster, played a tougher overall BCS team schedule and has 21 TFLs and 16.5 Sacks to Hughes' 18 TFLs and 15 Sacks, It's just Hughes doesn't get the "credit" playing for a no-name like TCU, who were ranked #3 and #4 in the BCS/AP Polls and had the nation's top-ranked Defense....I'm with ya so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

[QUOTE]I know I may get slammed for this, but here it goes. More than a LB, RB, DB or WR, what the pats need is a LOCKER ROOM LEADER. Having said that, I believe Tim Tebow is the best candidate to come in and be humble, play whatever position he is asked, and develop into a locker room leader that puts on emphasis on teamwork and winning. Regardless of how they use him, I think his athleticism and attitude are exactly what we need these days.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]

No way the vets will look up to a rookie for locker room leadership. It would take a trasnplant character guy who is well-respected throughout the league, like Seau. Unless of course one of the D-linemen step up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DRAFT TALK... : jerry hughes is A LOT better than Von Miller, its just that Hughes doesnt get the respect  or credit he deserves because he plays for TCU. if he played for florida or usc or texas he would be a top ten pick. easily.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

Agree. I believe he is also pretty fast

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I like Hughes alot , along w/ Kindle from Texas , good thing bout him is that I think he'll fall a lil' bit , if we could get him in the 2nd ,maybe late 2nd or possiblely 3 , though I doubt it. Von Miller is very interesting , personally I have a lil' trouble projecting 3-4 olb , most are undersized coming out , alot come out at 240lbs. Its tough to project what 20-30lbs will do to their speed and atheltism. Id love to replace Big Sey , but 3-4 ends , very good ones are very hard to find. Two guys ive tried to watch n pay attention to are  Mike Neal n Arther Jones , both can afford to put bout 10lbs of muscle on and both(IMHO) could be very good , im talking top 5 at their postion good. I said earlier that Im a "best guy available" guy if we stay in the first n Cody is still around I would seriously consider him n really think of going to a 4-3. Right now we just dont have the guys for the 3-4 two gap scheme  , n not sure we can get there in one year. Nightmare Cody n Mount Wilfork , that could be better than the Williams wall. Also Dan Williams makes my eyes go big thinking of what he could turn into. We still need help at ILB and Brandon Spikes could be very very good , if not him Rolando Mcclain might have the greatest potentional of all backers including olb , 255-260 w/ 4.6 speed , 95 tckls , 12 for loss ,3 sacks , n 6 passes broken up as a soph. We need help all over on D thats why Im going so deep here w/ these prospects. That said we also need help at corner and safety. Joe Haden can tackle , defend the pass(12 pass' broken up) n 3 int's. Eric Berry could be the best player in this entire draft including offensive players , it would take a day n a half to give you all stats , intangables n so on. He can defend , tackle , get after the QB , I BELIEVE the hype here. He will go in top 7-8. I absolutely think he is worth that money n I hate paying top dollar first rd money. No way the pats move up , good thing(IMHO) there is a deep safety class Jones , Thomas , lewis , and Wright could but wont go in the first rd. 10yrs from now we could look back at this draft N see 4 maybe 6 all pros. I think this draft might be one of the deepest in yrs. For that reason their might be a chance a Golden Tate, Dez Bryant could fall late first early second. With the Pats having so many picks ,just imagine Tate or Bryant falling to us there. Again very deep draft and I think offenseive skill pos. guys could fall a lil' bit. Spiller or Best could could fall late first maybe even early 2nd. Teams have figured out U can get a very good RB in rds. 2-3 even 4th. Think MJD , Marion Barber , as opposed to a Benson in the top 5 and waiting 5yrs , two teams later for him to produce. A team w/ alot of picks Im not saying who (PATS)  conceivably get Joe Mcknight and Toby Gerhart in rds 2through4. Could be a very good backfield. OK Im tired n hungry , whatda think , I know its alot to read , but if your on here this late like me , Y not. GO PATS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I know I may get slammed for this, but here it goes. More than a LB, RB, DB or WR, what the pats need is a LOCKER ROOM LEADER. Having said that, I believe Tim Tebow is the best candidate to come in and be humble, play whatever position he is asked, and develop into a locker room leader that puts on emphasis on teamwork and winning. Regardless of how they use him, I think his athleticism and attitude are exactly what we need these days.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]
    I like Tebow but it would be a total waste of a draft pick.  Even if he fell to the second round the Pats just don't need a QB. 

Until I see a team who can win with a running QB I wouldn't want one.  I don't think coaches have figured out how best to utilize a run QB.  Vick was probably the best dual threat ever and it never translated to winning. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Tebow never proved he could a real QB at Flo. w/ weapons everywhere. IMHO he's a 5-6 rd pick. Dyn. just admit it was a foolish thing to say , again I thought Joey Harrington was the real deal , I was foolish n I think u know U are as well. First Where would u draft him , Second Mayo isnt a leader on this team. If he is , where has he been , n if he is "how's that goin so far"! Our D is a rumor. Y isnt Mayo a leader because of his potentional , he has to fill it first. No one will follow him if that isnt lived up to. 3rd please name me a backup QB that is a real leader , go ahead i'll wait....hmm..hmmm. yea thought so. Again nice try kid , dont worry everyone pees on the bowl.