Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

How do u think the draft will go for the pats ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Draft

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

greshim or sumthun like that yea i like him as well he is a big dude

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

hess i dont agree with u on ethier point lbs we are set i truly would take 1 of them in this draft trust me we have alot of good young lbs and o line is pretty soilid i would only take 1 of those to . it s cb ss draft for us

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

jeeze he could play wr with that speed and size

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

Yeah, it is a great TE draft.

Both of those guys are fantastic prospects, and much better than anything that was available last season.

Pettigrew is a classic Tight end's tight end. He can do it all.

He is much, much less dangerous after the catch than Gresham. Someone up there compared him to a WR and he is a WR on roids. Plus he plays in the spread (both of them do), so gets a *real* good look at hwo they might appear in our biggest set.

Gresham could be to this offense what Watson never was.

He is likely gone before NE selects though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

I like the idea of Spikes way ore than Cushing or anyone else that would be there.

In fact I like Spikes better than any ILB prospect out there.

The kid is fast and has great recognition skills. He is a playmaker.

I just wonder if NE might think he is too close to Mayo and might go looking for a thicker LB to really stack and shed. Someone with the build of Seau.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Draft

I get headaches from draft.

Bottles are better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Draft

If you guys are talking about receiving prospects, you have to mention Hakeem Nicks. This guy out of UNC is AWESOME!!! Aside from the two spectacular grabs that he made against WVU, he is an absolute beast!! Great route runner, unbelievable hands and enough speed for the pros. Also the guy out of Oregon, Jaison Williams, is an interesting prospects. He is about the size of a tight end at 6'5" 250lbs but he has the skills of a wideout. Ever since he transfered from UNC he has been a huge target for the Ducks. Possibly a late round pick, but a guy I feel the Pats should look at never-the-less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Draft

in the past we were getting players from LSU the reason nick sabon.then he went to the dolphins,and we went to florida.for bill has ties with myers.now sabon has done a great job in alabama,and him,and bill are close freinds.so watch someone from alabama being selected,and maybe florida also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

jaison williams looks like a double of crabtree same build ill have too look into him some more good find

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeandthewads. Show weeandthewads's posts

Draft

Taylor Mays

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

indeed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

Draft

CB...as always
    OT...Light is getting up there and the right side is always "by committee"
    SS...obviously need a Harrison replacement
    OLB...got ILB of future.....maybe last years OLB crop may pan-out
    TE...been a while

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Draft

I think with the pick we get for cassel we should take a CB and with our 1st we need a ILB such as spikes. With san diegos pick if possible i hope we get a top TE such as gresham or pettigrew and with our 2nd round pick get an OL or OLB in the 4th round take a safety and pat white (the next coming of troy brown). after that i don't really care if it goes that way.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Draft

[Quote]jaison williams looks like a double of crabtree same build ill have too look into him some more good find[/Quote]

Jaison Williams is in no way the same build as Crabtree. Their skillsets are completely differant. To me, he reminds me of Calvin Johnson in terms of size (He's not nearly as good but few are). He is listed at 6'5" 242lbs while Crabtree is much smaller at 6'3" 214lbs. Williams may be comparable Cornelius Ingram from Florida. They are both WR/TE hybrids as they have the size of a receiving TE but possess skills similar to that of a wideout. Both prospects (Ingram and Williams) will be intruiging as combine time roles around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Draft

[Quote]Round 1-Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma
    Round 2a-Brian Cushing-LB-USC
    Round 2b-Shonn Green (provides that hard nosed grind it out running game that NE has been lacking since Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon)
    Round 3-Fili Maola or Tyson Jackson (Both from good defensive programs and both can play DT and DE in a 3-4)
    Round 3b-Nic Harris-S/OLB-Oklahoma (Big safety/fast OLB, Harris is versatile and could be the run stuffing strong safety NE has been lacking since Harrison went down for the season.)[/Quote]

I absolutely love green as a rb, and would love him in the second round for the pats! also if you look at some draft boards, george selvie is a name you should check out for our first round pick. Love draft talk!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pattersonk21. Show pattersonk21's posts

Draft

I like the safety from USC Mays. He's a BEAST

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Draft

USC's Taylor Mays in the 1st round. Mark Herzlich from BC in the 2nd round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

Mays could be gone unless the Pats trade up. Vontae Davis if he declares. I agree with most of the names being mentioned. I might also add the obvious, if Cassel is traded the Pats will draft a QB. Agree 100 % on drafting a tight end, addressing O Line, SS, and OLB, however, the Pats draft value so it would not surprise me if the drafted a D Lineman with one of their first 3 picks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

These threads should be titled: the persistance of Taylor Mays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Draft

I think Herzlich declares for the draft after Jags getting fired. He reminds me a lot of Vrabel. Same type of player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

Hannah,

I have a feeling that NE will straight-up re-up Seymourand Wilfork, and that we won't see any D-line draftees inthe higher portion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

ZB, see my Seymour post. I kind of agree, but I can also see Seymour's trade value as being at it's peak and the D Line (ughhhh when healthy) is one area where the Pats have depth. ZB, you know the cap situation better than I do. In an ideal world I'd like to see Wilfork, Mankins and Seymour extended, a healthy Tom Brady, Cassel situation resolved in Pats favor (1st round 15-20 overall pick in 09 or'10), two big free agent signings (Suggs and Ashmougha) and a draft that yeilds five future starters (two of which become pro-bowl calibre players), and luxury box seats to the Super Bowl. Of all these things which would you consider the most likely to happen ZB. I could see the first two (extensions/healthy Brady) and maybe one FA signing, but that's it; the Pats will continue to build for the future via the draft.