Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Draft

Although I would rather see us make picks at CB and LB before making that pick. I would also really like us to pick up a TE. Here is my Mock

#1 (MIN for Cassel)-DJ Moore-CB-Vanderbilt
    #1 Clint Stinm (sp?)- OLB-Virginia
    #2 (SD) Chase Coffman-TE Missouri
    #2 Patrick Chung-SS-Oregon
    #3 Devin Moore RB-Wyoming
    #3 (Comp) Fenuki Tupou-OT-Oregon
    #4 Pat White-QB/RB/WR/PR/KR-West Virginia
    #5 Jasper Brinkley MLB-South Carolina
    #5 (Comp) Andy Kemp-OG-Wisconsin
    #6 John Cooper-C-Oklahoma
    #7 Nader Abdallah-DT-Ohio State

Would be thrilled with this draft

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Draft

As an LSU fan, I've seen a lot of their Olinemen's games. LSU's Olinemen can be overpowering, however, the Pats seem to prefer smaller, quicker, pass blocking types. I'd like to see the Pats get a big olineman like Johnson because it would make maroney & other Pat's RB's even better. As long as H Jonson isn't asked to play LT he'd help the Pats passing game also. He's a wall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Draft

What do you guys think about my mock draft I posted above?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Draft

Titletownfan,

I think that you've made some solid picks that would improve the Pats. I think they'll probably have one or two more picks on the defensive side of the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Draft

[Quote]Herman is huge, but that is it. He is waay weaker than he looks. He is also antithetical to the kind of offensive lineman NE brings in.

I tend to look in the under 330 group because the average NE lineman has been about 310 pounds, and the largest is a backup at 330.[/Quote]

The problem I have with the Hermanator is that he is not as mobile as the Pats like to have the O Lineman be. He may be a beast, but at that size, if he was a beast he would be playing LT and he's not. Some guys are strong off the ball and some aren't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Draft

[Quote]Although I would rather see us make picks at CB and LB before making that pick. I would also really like us to pick up a TE. Here is my Mock

#1 (MIN for Cassel)-DJ Moore-CB-Vanderbilt
    #1 Clint Stinm (sp?)- OLB-Virginia
    #2 (SD) Chase Coffman-TE Missouri
    #2 Patrick Chung-SS-Oregon
    #3 Devin Moore RB-Wyoming
    #3 (Comp) Fenuki Tupou-OT-Oregon
    #4 Pat White-QB/RB/WR/PR/KR-West Virginia
    #5 Jasper Brinkley MLB-South Carolina
    #5 (Comp) Andy Kemp-OG-Wisconsin
    #6 John Cooper-C-Oklahoma
    #7 Nader Abdallah-DT-Ohio State

Would be thrilled with this draft[/Quote]

i like your style but i really do not think the patriots trade cassell for a top twenty pick and waste it on a CB when they could get quality CB at 23...

i really see the pats going BIG OL/TE/DL

if i had to guess i would suggest that the patriots can wait until the second and still get the number one rated OG so i am looking for a TE and a replacement for seymore who i think will be a cap loss next year if he is not traded

As far as OLBs go what do you think of Maybin out of Pen State?

i had suggested this prior but i keep seeing Sean Smith out of Utah on mocks as well for the 23rd pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Draft

t&t
    If Buffalo doesn't pick up Pettigrew the Pats will. Buffalo has needed a TE for years now. They could wait and go for Coffman in the 2nd round because they do need a DE.

I don't think anyone had an arguement against Maybin. They just liked Sintim better which I do as well. Basically, Maybin looks to be a little bit of a reach right now so I would think they would turn their attention to a CB. This 23rd pick is looking pretty sweet right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft

Just from what they showed at Sr bowl practice. Herm had bad foot work and got beat when the D player got under him. Which isn't hard when your 6'7" We use faster OLmen that get out on blocks well.
    I still say we look inside. Tedy's got to be the guy they look to replace this year. I also don't see how you don't go get Maualuga if you have to.If your not going to get a big FA pick-up to replace him (Suggs). Seau can't keep coming back to help out. Do you go get a player that fits the bill now or wait five years untill he's a FA? Maybe Guyton is the man. Then I say replace J.Sanders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft

Pettigrew would work and I think the Pats look there this year. But there is a lot of TE's that can play that no one is even talking about South Carolina had 2 very good TE's. Cook I think led his team in catches. East Carolina had a big TE with great hands also. Pettigrew got the late espn game the last 3 weeks of the season to help him out. Not that he isn't good though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

I would take Pettigrew in a second. The Pats have needed an everydown TE for seasons.

For one, I think Watson hasn't been very good. He creates turnovers where they shouldn't be. And he isn't the dominant blocker he could be.

Pettigrew creates crazy matchup problems with his sheer size and catching ability. It would be like having a power forward playing possesion - a great counter point to Welker, IMO.

I think Suggs is becoming less likely. He has basically been talking home town discount for Baltimore this offseason, and wants to keep the Ravens' LB corp intact by persuading Lewis and Scott to do the same.

I like fantasizing about Maualuga too, but I don't think it happens unless he drops and that is unlikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft

Sorry garytx My bad wrong guy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft

Here's a look at some TE's

Cameron Morrah Cal 6'4" 250lbs
    REC 27 YRD 326 TD 8
    Davon Drew East Carolina 6'4" 260lbs
    REC 43 YRD 695 TD 3
    Jared Cook South Carolina 6'5" 240lbs
    REC 37 YRD 573 TD 3

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

Yeah, Cook's big knock is that he is a waif. He can't block, and spent a ton of time split out wide.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Draft

RE TE Pettigrew: He could be a very good pick for the offense. In adition to catching the ball. He's a good blocker. The Pats could use a good blocking TE. It really helps the running game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Draft

Did'nt see Pettigrew play so I can't say. This was just 3 TE underclass guys. I think someone else being overlooked is Glen Coffee RB from AL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

Coffee and Cook aren't overlooked. I was listening to an analyst talk them up earlier today on the radio.

They just aren't elite.

It is a shame Gresham committed, because he was the "star" that a lot of people liked, and Pettigrew might be off the baor dbefore NE picks considering how good he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Draft

with Micheal Johson slipping do you think he would be a solid DE/OLB conversion for the 3-4? i think it would be great if we could use him with his hand down and as a stand up off the edge... it would give us a great option with AD and Jenkins in the game we could do a ton of zone blitzing schemes to confuse the offense...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

yea i wanted to seem Gresham on NE and if not Just in the Nfl that guy is gonna be a star

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Draft

check out william moore, safety, missouri

his game is naasty

tough big play safety who can hit makes every tackle and causes turnovers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Draft

Moore is dropping like a rock.

He has a worse season than last. He looked slow and out of place at the senior bowl. The last thing I heard was that some teams might want to look athim as a linebacker instead.

Delmas is still rising, but from the low point I think Chung is the best option available.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Draft

Patrick Chung is a nice prospect too. besides Moore and Chung how bout Vontae Davis or Maualuga

a playmaker for the secondary and two o-linemen would be a great day 1 of the draft

then day 2 maybe a 3rd down RB and more defense

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Draft

I have seen Moore in the top ten??? if he slips i think the patriots would pick him up like they picked up Vince Wilfork back in the day... they did not need Vince but they could not pass him up o there value system...

It appears as though a lot of pre-season predictions have fallen back...

the more i think about it the more i like the Sintim he is a load at 6'3 253 he is thought of as the pass rushing OLB and we need one of them BAD

Move Vrabel to the Inside, bruschi to the bench....

this pick would almost give the patriots too much depth at LB

Vrabel
    Bruschi
    Mayo
    Thomas

Crabel
    GUyton
    Alexander
    woods

Redd
    Ruud
    Izzo

the patriots are not going to keep 11 LBs there tops is 10 so if they were going OLB in the draft i would expect them to not match a tender for woods... being that he is a RFA the patriots would get a 5th as compensation... Cut alexander and Izzo as well... then they would have move for Sintim and Ruud... i also think they will get another ILB in the 3rd or 4th

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft

Michael Johnson has probably already been discussed in this thread, but what do you guys think about drafting him at 23 to play OLB?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/Michael-Johnson.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKWDGf5-Hc&feature=channel_page

Could be a big risk, but I wonder if he could be the pass rush we've been looking for, despite a reputation for taking plays off and an unknown ability to convert from DE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Draft

Here's a great Conner Barwin video, also a possible OLB solution:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79CJdrxZbo&feature=channel

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Draft

Michael Johnson ehhhh hes been up and down ... i cant tell with him hes def a good athete hes been known to under produce if he has a good combine he good be back in the top