Drafting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Drafting

Is it just me or do the Pats do better when we grab D linemen in the draft? Seems we cant get a corner or safety to stick but when we grab D linemen the back end doesn't have to be as good.

IMO we should grab a DT or DE in the next few drafts, Vince may be damaged beyond our expectations. Time to strenghten that area of the D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Drafting

I agree. It's funny BB always has been better at picking up lineman (esp in the 1st) but he seems to like to move back or grab DB's in that 25-60 region. I'm hoping that will change this up coming draft though as I see a future long term Wilfork replacement in Daniel McCullers from Tenn.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree. It's funny BB always has been better at picking up lineman (esp in the 1st) but he seems to like to move back or grab DB's in that 25-60 region. I'm hoping that will change this up coming draft though as I see a future long term Wilfork replacement in Daniel McCullers from Tenn.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

I'd have no problem if we grabbed DB's in FA. Ita a skill position afterall. Other then Brace i have no problems with D linemen BB has picked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

1st rounders!  I would attribute it more to WHERE we pick. We just havent drafted many lineman since we got a bunch and they all stunk. Love, Deaderick, Brace, etc. 3 years later and they are all gone.

I would say the Pats in Bradys last years need to Take PLAYERS with their 1st round picks and NOT move out anymore.  Let me show you

1 round picks the pats have drafted. Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Mankings, McCourty, Maroney, Meriweather, Watson, C.Jones, Hightower. So there are a couple of misses but they did start for a while before someone realized they s*cked

When you move back to the 2nd round, this is what you get. Ron Brace, Pat Chung, T.Wheatley, Rasi Dowling, Jermaine Cunningham, Tavon Wilson, Darius Butler

So BB needs to realize that the drop off from round 1 to 2 is greater now and 2nd round isnt really a value round unless you are sure of getting a very good player who slipped. When you get to the 2nd round and REACH for players like Wilson who has yet to see the field in 2013, its gonna look even worse. Its pretty simple,. think of all the times we moved out the 1st round and passed on talent that had a much higher chance of being  successful.

The biggest Thing that came from it is currently on the bench and has missed ALL the important games since he was drafted , although he has hall of fame talent. Graham will probably play longer and have the better career if I had to guess. Gronk is never gonna be the same IMO.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver