D.R.O.Y.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

D.R.O.Y.

wow... it is too bad devin mccourty came out the same year as suh, because he is deserving of defensive rookie of the year. in fact (and this very well may be my homerism talking), i think mccourty has been perhaps more deserving of the award. he has been great in coverage, good ball skills, solid tackler in the open field and helpful against the run. i know it is a pipe dream because suh is a shoe in, but DMC for DROY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: D.R.O.Y.

McCourty County says "I'll settle for the ring instead..thanks".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y.:
    [QUOTE]McCourty County says "I'll settle for the ring instead..thanks".
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]
    haha hells yeah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think you are being a Homer at all, you are right McCourty is clearly in the running. Suh is the favorite cause he was the big top 5 draft pick and the only "star" on that entire defense. But he has 8 sacks which is great for a DT but what else has he done other then those sacks? He has not been so good people cant run on him cause people run on that defense. And his team has what 3 wins? that has to come into play IMO. McCourty has been the starting CB for a super bowl contender and has played every snap this season until he got hurt in last weeks game. He is in second place in the NFL for INTs and if he keeps playing the way he has and Suh slows down then he should get the award hands down. He might not be the sexy pick like Suh is but if he plays the rest of the year and continues he will get like 10 picks and most likely help the Pats win a super bowl and that should all be a factor. You are not a homer my friend you are just right. McCourty IMO should be one of the top two people for this award.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    i think you hit the nail on the head with this when you pointed out the suh was a sexy top 5 pick. i agree mccourty's body of work has been incredible, but suh gets all of the press when it comes to that defense (as you said) and i just think the AP will vote for him over mccourty because he is a household name and DMC (regardless of what he has done this year) is not quite yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think you are being a Homer at all, you are right McCourty is clearly in the running. Suh is the favorite cause he was the big top 5 draft pick and the only "star" on that entire defense. But he has 8 sacks which is great for a DT but what else has he done other then those sacks? He has not been so good people cant run on him cause people run on that defense. And his team has what 3 wins? that has to come into play IMO. McCourty has been the starting CB for a super bowl contender and has played every snap this season until he got hurt in last weeks game. He is in second place in the NFL for INTs and if he keeps playing the way he has and Suh slows down then he should get the award hands down. He might not be the sexy pick like Suh is but if he plays the rest of the year and continues he will get like 10 picks and most likely help the Pats win a super bowl and that should all be a factor. You are not a homer my friend you are just right. McCourty IMO should be one of the top two people for this award.

Uh, it's sort of like difficult at best to get lots of tackles when the other team's running AWAY from you. Suh has lived up to the hype of being a #2 overall pick.  Suh causes game planniing, McCourty doesn't. (Revis does; Champ Bailey did, etc). McCourty isn't in that class yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to D.R.O.Y.:
    [QUOTE]wow... it is too bad devin mccourty came out the same year as suh, because he is deserving of defensive rookie of the year. in fact (and this very well may be my homerism talking), i think mccourty has been perhaps more deserving of the award. he has been great in coverage, good ball skills, solid tackler in the open field and helpful against the run. i know it is a pipe dream because suh is a shoe in, but DMC for DROY!
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I think McCourty should win this hands down.  The level of difficulty of playing on the D-line is not even close to that of playing CB.  McCourty's work ethic and intelligence have put him in the neighborhood of being the best rookie CB ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In the end I think it does not matter cause as the other poster pointed out he would rather have a super bowl ring then the rookie award so im sure it does not matter. But with that said if Suh doe snot get any more sacks the rest of the season IMO McCourty should get the rookie award. I mean Suh is good no doubt but he was not thrown to the wolves the way DMC was. DMC came into camp with Bodden in front of him and them BAM Bodden is out for the year and this team, a team with super bowl written all over it looks at him and says well kid it looks like you are our guy. And what happens? He has a lock down shut down season as a rookie CB. He has 7 INT's two away from the Pats record for a rookie. He has played countless good WRs and QBs and you didnt even notice he was a rookie. The kid picked off Peyton Manning in a clutch game. He has big game written all over him. I mean I can go on and on for why this kid is hands down the best rookie of the year.

Are you kidding me? Suh was drafted AND STARTED OUT as a starter on that defense. You prove you're a whiner as you obviously don't have a clue about just how good Suh is. He's the #1 tackler on the Lions D line. He trails 2 CB's, a safety, and a LB in team tackles. He leads the team in sacks, despite teams running plays AWAY from him. His team's record in 3-10, with a -24 PPG avg. That's crazy! The 7-5 Fins are -19, the 8-6 Jags are -36 (yet lead their division), and the stinking Bears (8-5) are only +25!

Suh came into the league with all the hype, and he's played up to it. Stop the whining over McCourty. He's coming along nicely, but is a far cry from strking fear into the eyes of opponents. We'll see in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I was not saying Suh is not good cause he is but if he slows down and DMC keeps it up he is 100% more deserving of the rookie award then Suh is plain and simple. And DMC has been better then Revis all season long so you might want to rethink that comment.

LMFAO!

IF Suh slows down.....

What IF McCourty starts giving up big plays, as when WR's decide to hold onto the ball?

Oh, I get it... only OTHER guys can slow down, eh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Suh s*cks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : Are you kidding me? Suh was drafted AND STARTED OUT as a starter on that defense. You prove you're a whiner as you obviously don't have a clue about just how good Suh is. He's the #1 tackler on the Lions D line. He trails 2 CB's, a safety, and a LB in team tackles. He leads the team in sacks, despite teams running plays AWAY from him. His team's record in 3-10, with a -24 PPG avg. That's crazy! The 7-5 Fins are -19, the 8-6 Jags are -36 (yet lead their division), and the stinking Bears (8-5) are only +25!   Suh came into the league with all the hype, and he's played up to it. Stop the whining over McCourty. He's coming along nicely, but is a far cry from strking fear into the eyes of opponents. We'll see in time.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

you arent very smart are you? 

mccourty has been starting since the start of the season just in case you forgot.  DMC plays a harder position to transition to and is on a better defence which makes it harder to stand out.  Id already rank him our best defensive player.  SUH is f'in awesome though ill give you that.  Of course SUH is gonna stand out on the lions defence jeez, hes a beast but you gotta give DMC some more credit.  Second in the league in INTS and is already shutdown material.  When do you ever see them throw the ball towards him? i saw the jets throw his way twice.  What happened? edwards broke a tackle DMC usually makes for what a 15 yard gain and the other throw was an INT.  So yahhhh he leads the team in INTs despite the other team throwing AWAY from him.

What else? DMC is what? 4th leading tackler on the team as a corner.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  And i believe you said Suh is 4th on his team in tackles.  Yah thats what i thought.  Oh and DMC has played way harder competition compared to the lions division.  And his team is 11-2.   

i would also take him right now over revis and baily.  And hes a ROOKIE.  Revis or baily werent this good as a ROOKIE.  Thanks for not knowing a thing.  You obviously have NO CLUE how good DMC is.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Doesn't matter about Suh, even if Suh wasn't having the type of year he is having nobody is giving an award to a Patriot.  McCourty would be snubbed of the rookie of the year the same way Brady is going to get snubbed of the MVP this season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : LMFAO! IF Suh slows down..... What IF McCourty starts giving up big plays, as when WR's decide to hold onto the ball?  Oh, I get it... only OTHER guys can slow down, eh?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Now the only reason DMC is good is cus the wrs drop the ball? LMFAO do you watch the games?

Now i think your just an idiot.  Go put SUH's nuts in your mouth.  kkthx

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : you arent very smart are you?  mccourty has been starting since the start of the season just in case you forgot.  DMC plays a harder position to transition to and is on a better defence which makes it harder to stand out.  Id already rank him our best defensive player.  SUH is f'in awesome though ill give you that.  Of course SUH is gonna stand out on the lions defence jeez, hes a beast but you gotta give DMC some more credit.  Second in the league in INTS and is already shutdown material.  When do you ever see them throw the ball towards him? i saw the jets throw his way twice.  What happened? edwards broke a tackle DMC usually makes for what a 15 yard gain and the other throw was an INT.  So yahhhh he leads the team in INTs despite the other team throwing AWAY from him. What else? DMC is what? 4th leading tackler on the team as a corner.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  And i believe you said Suh is 4th on his team in tackles.  Yah thats what i thought.  Oh and DMC has played way harder competition compared to the lions division.  And his team is 11-2.    i would also take him right now over revis and baily.  And hes a ROOKIE.  Revis or baily werent this good as a ROOKIE.  Thanks for not knowing a thing.  You obviously have NO CLUE how good DMC is.   
    Posted by changes1677[/QUOTE]

UMMMM......UMMMMMM.....UMMMMMM

Well Said. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]BradyMossFan you do realize that Mayo got this award his rookie season right? Or did you miss that?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/Quote]

Okay, I forgot, I suk at life.

However, I still think Brady is going to get snubbed on the MVP this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : [QUOTE]BradyMossFan you do realize that Mayo got this award his rookie season right? Or did you miss that? Posted by MVPkilla4life[/Q Okay, I forgot, I suk at life. However, I still think Brady is going to get snubbed on the MVP this season. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    who cares... as long as he is superbowl MVP!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

However, I still think Brady is going to get snubbed on the MVP this season. 

I'm not real interested in the individual awards but in this instance I am going to have to disagree with you..... TB12 WILL win MPV, not a Q about it imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Brady wins the MVP cause its a good thing but at the same time as long as he wins the super bowl I dont care about anything else.

One and only priority, everything else is icing!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Some of you here are showing your ignorance. Suh will win DROY, not becasue he was a top 5 pick with all the hyperbole but because he is an absoloute beast! Those saying he is not obviously do not have Directtv to go back and watch other games. But although Suh is playing great that dont take away form the fact taht McCorty is as well, and like the poster said, maybe in a different year he wins the award. Bottom line; who cares? Like McCourty says he'll take the ring over an individual accolade. McCourty is playing great, better than we imagined, but to say he might be "the best CB draft pick ever" is absoloutely ridiculous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

who ever said he was the best CB draft pick ever?

i said hes playing better than baily and revis did their rookie year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

If you were building a defense from scratch and you had one player to choose, Suh or McCourty, any sane person would choose Suh, because DT is a far more important position than CB...for this reason, Suh gets the edge, as he should.

But for the Patriots, specifically, this team needed McCourty, even moreso after Bodden went down. He has had a great year, and when you consider his added value on special teams, I don't think I would trade McCourty straight-up for any other CB in the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]who ever said he was the best CB draft pick ever? i said hes playing better than baily and revis did their rookie year.

I think I said that he is in the neighborhood of having the best rookie season ever for a CB. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : you arent very smart are you?  mccourty has been starting since the start of the season just in case you forgot.  DMC plays a harder position to transition to and is on a better defence which makes it harder to stand out.  Id already rank him our best defensive player.  SUH is f'in awesome though ill give you that.  Of course SUH is gonna stand out on the lions defence jeez, hes a beast but you gotta give DMC some more credit.  Second in the league in INTS and is already shutdown material.  When do you ever see them throw the ball towards him? i saw the jets throw his way twice.  What happened? edwards broke a tackle DMC usually makes for what a 15 yard gain and the other throw was an INT.  So yahhhh he leads the team in INTs despite the other team throwing AWAY from him. What else? DMC is what? 4th leading tackler on the team as a corner.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  And i believe you said Suh is 4th on his team in tackles.  Yah thats what i thought.  Oh and DMC has played way harder competition compared to the lions division.  And his team is 11-2.    i would also take him right now over revis and baily.  And hes a ROOKIE.  Revis or baily werent this good as a ROOKIE.  Thanks for not knowing a thing.  You obviously have NO CLUE how good DMC is.   

ChaChaChaChaChanges,

Please put down the two handled sippy cup. Take McCourty off the Pat's stellar defense (as ranked today, AFTER wins vs the JESTS! and Bears) and what do you have? The 32nd worst pass defense in the league (that's DFL to you)?  Ah, but if you take Suh and his 8 sacks off the Lions 13th ranked pass defense, what do you have? Closer competition for the Pats and Texans?

Or, I'll make it simple for your obviously overworked single brain cell: does McCourty make the 31st ranked pass defense better? Or does Suh make the Lions 13th ranked pass defense better? Does McCourty make the 17th ranked scoring defense better, or does Suh for the 21st ranked scoring defense?  Now, before proclaiming Everything Patriot, just know that the defensive scoring difference between #17 and #21 is less than 3 PPG.  Now, you take each player off their respective team and come up with an answer.

Forget about teams record, as neither player has anything to do scoring points on offense. Not even Superman can get 6 INT's when teams DON'T throw at him, which takes care of your theory of him being shut down material. 4 of his INT's have come against, well, let's just call it "less than All Pro" material and be generous: 1 vs Favre, 2 vs Detroit, 1 vs Sanchez The Pretender. That leaves 2 vs the Bolts and Colts (1 of Pay-a-ton's 11 in a 3 game span). Hardly enough to lay an All Pro claim against.  

Stop it with the "way better competition" stuff. I've already shown you teh INT's and who chucked 'em. But, let's look at your "harder osition" whine. Let's see....... I don't recall any CB being double or triple teamed on any 1 play, like Suh has been. I don't recall McCourty getting blocked befoe another receiver came into his zone (I believe that would be PI on the receiver). Yet Suh gets double teamed AND usually runs into a back kept in to help protect the QB.
    But you're right... CB is the hardest position to transition to, because you said so (LMFAO!).

I give McCourty credit for being a starting CB on an 11-2 team. But I will significantly stop short of annointing him as DROY when his team's position is ranked 31st (Thank God for Houston!); hardly shut down stuff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

S.B.R is better than D.R.O.Y

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D.R.O.Y. : ChaChaChaChaChanges, Please put down the two handled sippy cup. Take McCourty off the Pat's stellar defense (as ranked today, AFTER wins vs the JESTS! and Bears) and what do you have? The 32nd worst pass defense in the league (that's DFL to you)?  Ah, but if you take Suh and his 8 sacks off the Lions 13th ranked pass defense, what do you have? Closer competition for the Pats and Texans? Or, I'll make it simple for your obviously overworked single brain cell: does McCourty make the 31st ranked pass defense better? Or does Suh make the Lions 13th ranked pass defense better? Does McCourty make the 17th ranked scoring defense better, or does Suh for the 21st ranked scoring defense?  Now, before proclaiming Everything Patriot, just know that the defensive scoring difference between #17 and #21 is less than 3 PPG.  Now, you take each player off their respective team and come up with an answer. Forget about teams record, as neither player has anything to do scoring points on offense. Not even Superman can get 6 INT's when teams DON'T throw at him, which takes care of your theory of him being shut down material. 4 of his INT's have come against, well, let's just call it "less than All Pro" material and be generous: 1 vs Favre, 2 vs Detroit, 1 vs Sanchez The Pretender. That leaves 2 vs the Bolts and Colts (1 of Pay-a-ton's 11 in a 3 game span). Hardly enough to lay an All Pro claim against.   Stop it with the "way better competition" stuff. I've already shown you teh INT's and who chucked 'em. But, let's look at your "harder osition" whine. Let's see....... I don't recall any CB being double or triple teamed on any 1 play, like Suh has been. I don't recall McCourty getting blocked befoe another receiver came into his zone (I believe that would be PI on the receiver). Yet Suh gets double teamed AND usually runs into a back kept in to help protect the QB. But you're right... CB is the hardest position to transition to, because you said so (LMFAO!). I give McCourty credit for being a starting CB on an 11-2 team. But I will significantly stop short of annointing him as DROY when his team's position is ranked 31st (Thank God for Houston!); hardly shut down stuff.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Im just gonna say the one thing that everyone already knows...  You're a moron.  Honestly did anyone else on this thread understand a damn thing this dude said?  

Apparently INTs agaisnt 2 qbs that were in the running for MVP a few games ago doesnt mean a thing?  And its not the hardest position to transistion to because i said so? ( you're a moron once again) its what coaches and anyone in the nfl says.  <sighs />  why am i even trying to argue with you? 

I dont even think you watch the patriots play.  Waste of my time.  Seriously.  Like i said before go put SUH's balls in your mouth.  I know youll like it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Suh will win. Suh has basically lived up to expectations. McCourty has surpassed expectations, but many felt that Suh was the most NFL-ready impact player and essentially, he is. I mentioned in an early 2010 draft thread that Suh was the only player I would want Belichick to trade up to get, however, that obviously did not happen and I (and probably most others) am very satisfied with this rookie crop. If we somehow managed to Suh along with everyone else in 2010 we would have crushed the entire league and Goodell would have fined us 2m and taken the entire 2011 draft away for being to awesome.....good thing didn't happen.