DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say "well-played" by all sides!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How the hello does a Duck Dynasty post turn into freakin politics post and on a Pats message board-holy cow?  BTW I can honestly say I have not watched one Duck Dynasty episode--and all these reality TV shows are NOT REAL-(ity)!! Advertisers stealing your souls and creating Consumption of crap we all dont even need--wake up Sheeple?

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, but most people aren't intelligent enough to see it for what it is.

Theyre the same people who turn this discussion into a political debate because they think their vote matters.

Give it a day or so and the topic will shift to religion since they've been brought up tp beleive there is a powerful figure up in the sky watching over them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What? The economy is well known to have been a disaster under Brezhnev. That is why he was replaced with Andropov, someone who was considered a reformer.

[/QUOTE]

More nonsense. CLEARLY that economy was robust through most of Brezhnev's tenure. From 1964 until the mid 70s it was quite strong. Near the end of his time it did falter, but only then.

You can pick and choose your estimates but they all show that same trend which defies your spin. And though the Khanin estimates show the CIA numbers as a bit high, other examinations such as those of Michael Boretsky show they were actually low. And even in the Khanin estimates, the same trend appears.

It clearly shows a downward trend intensifying during Reagan's jacking up of the arms race. When perestroika was placed there was some economic improvement, but the cat was out of the bag regarding freedom and the people's yearning for that by then.

The Russian estimates are worthless as their methodology could not accurately measure an economy's growth.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Graph_of_Soviet_National_Income_Growth.png

So, you are proven wrong, again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By the way, anytime you wish to defend the Reagan's admistration Lebanon policy, Haig and Kilpatricks bungling of the Falklands war, Reagans support of Apartheid and third world dictators, arms for hostages, Iran Contra and the silly Grenada invasion bring it on.

Like I stated before I think the first Bush was a rather underrated president who was brilliant on foreign policy. Much of Clinton's foreign policy success was because of the good work of Bush in devolping good relations with virtually everyone. He was probably the most pro palestinian president in American history. He was very pro Arab and unlike his son he was not liked or trusted by the Israeli's at all and he was an admirer of Mandela.

[/QUOTE]

We could argue all these cans of worms for years. As usual, you are wrong about most all of them. But we'll not go into detail. This thread has strayed far enough away from its topic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

*You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

*You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

*You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

*You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

*You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

*You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence

*You cannot help people permanently by doing for them,what they could and should do for themselves.

Compare that to OBAMA's action and rhetoric!!!!!!!!!!   All coolade drinkers take note!!!!

[/QUOTE]

happy new year coolade drinkers, still in your cups?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clinton set out to improve the economy too . . . and guess what it improved!  I'm sure you give him credit too.  

[/QUOTE]

If congress had approved Hillary Clinton's Health Care Act (Obamacare -1.0) even the DotCom bubble wouldn't have saved the economy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Clinton set out to improve the economy too . . . and guess what it improved!  I'm sure you give him credit too.  

If congress had approved Hillary Clinton's Health Care Act (Obamacare -1.0) even the DotCom bubble wouldn't have saved the economy.

We can speculate . . . but it's just speculation.  Point of this was just to point out the logical flaws in Babe's reasoning--i.e., how he gives Reagan credit for something that happened during his term that may or may not have anything to do with his policies, but doesn't give Clinton the same benefit of the doubt.  

As I said, I'm not trying to defend or attack any President.  Just pointing out the fact that (measured as a percentage of GDP), both government spending and government debt increased during the terms of Reagan and both Bushes and decreased during the Clinton term. That is an indisputable fact.  The rest of what we are hearing here is a bunch of opinion.   

I won't get into the health care debate . . . I never liked the Obama plan because I thought relying so heavily on private, for-profit insurers to provide coverage to the poor and the very ill was never going to work.  At some point, the US is going to have to expand taxpayer funding for health care--or just decide to let the poor and sick suffer and die without care and not worry too much if illness bankrupts lots of middle class Americans.

Ultimately, reducing health care costs is going to be required, but that's hard to do in the current private system. Health care is not like other "products" where normal market forces work effectively to control price. When the alternative to buying health care is death or debilitating illness, most consumers will pay anything to get the care.  And it's maybe even harder to make a choice to forego care when it's for a loved one.  Combine that with most consumers' lack of medical knowledge and therefore lack of ability to decide what they really need or don't need (and their complete reliance on the people selling medical services to tell them what to buy) and you don't have a normal market.  Add in the high stakes for the providers (lawsuits, death of customer, loss of license to practice) and the fact that much funding is through third parties (which reduces the sensitivity of the consumer to price) and you've got a recipe for the disaster that has been growing for decades in the US.  More private health insurance doesn't address any of these issues, so Obamacare was doomed to failure--but mostly because it relies too little on the government, not too much. 

Government health systems aren't perfect, but having lived in Canada for the past four years, I know they are not the bogeymen conservatives in the US like to portray.  Canada provides reasonably good quality care to all its residents for a per capita cost that's about half the per capita cost in the US.  The US system fails to provide coverage to a huge portion of the population--and costs twice as much as most other systems around the world.  Obamacare (like Romneycare upon which it was based) was designed to address the coverage issue.  It's still uncertain whether it will do that, but it did little to control underlying costs or the broken market system through which care is provided in the US.  By not addressing those latter problems, it was, in my opinion, doomed to failure. 

(Well, I guess I did get into the healthcare debate after all Wink)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah because with a 300-600 million dollar healthcare website that doesn't work, the crashing dollar, war on multiple fronts, a Dept Of Homeland Security that is amassing an army, motorized weapons, an endless supply of ammunition to use against it's own citizens and concentration camps strategically scattered around the country I'm sure what a bunch of fake redneck crackers who pretend to be dumber than they really are on TV matters...

Boy for a contrarian you sure take up the most BS distractions the powers that be offer up and leave the actual issues alone don't you?

[/QUOTE]

Very well said!!  --  bravo a fellow American that does'nt have his head in the sand-we all need to gear up for what's coming-like it or not?

[/QUOTE]

It will either start with a huge terrorist attack (biological weapon, dirty bomb) or it could be as innocuous as the dollar crashing, followed by total chaos when food, gas and resources run out.  This will precipitate the government need to institute martial law and reign in the most well armed populace in the World.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pro

Higher Premiums. Higher Deductables, Higher drug costs, Fewer doctors and in some case no doctors ( like 240000 children for 6 pediatricians in a Fla. area, or thousands of Docs retiring) , Mandates for 60 yo women to have maternity care, or paying for women's BC as health care, psych visits,and on and on.

And the real possibility that the Insurance companies will be bailed out, 23 new taxes (I pay $29 a monthf n Obamacare taxes on my premium as everyone) waivers for insiders or any other political reason.  

and Lying about keeping your doctor and insurance policy, is more than incompetent - and it is worse than Enron or Madoff ever was. It is bait and switch in the biggest Ponzi schem of all time.

And while wew area at it, thousand of high risk [pateints are losing there Docs and Drugs DIRECTLY due to OBAMA and NOT the Insurance companies. Obama/Pelosio/ Reid shoiuld be in jail ALONG with all the other useful idiots who voted for this governmnet Krapsandwich

If these guys were in the private sector and did this they would go to jail - that is if Eric Holder werent AG.

Then add to it that fewer people are going to be insured - YES FEWER

And you want to blame the insurance compaines for what the Obama told them  and regulated them to do. Really -

Please Blame  the Governement - who cannot even run a website- They sre writing thousands of pages of regulations that are contradictory and convoluted. Any time the government gets involved in anything prices go up - The two highest inflaationary rates  are in Education and Health care - who runs them both - Government. And they are e well on thir way to ruining the military

Medicare and SD are full of fraud - FULL of FRAUD - this govenrment cannot run jack. And the economy cannot be run from the top down.

So begore you tell me that socilism has unfairly a bad name - they have to be able to run something well first = they don't and  they cannt

To the other debate on Reagan and Clinton - Please ask your self a few questions - Who ran Congress under Reagan? Who ran Congress under Clinton.? WE like to blame the president only but we can never forget Congress. Tip lied to Regan on spending. Clinton complained he couldnt spend more because of Newt

Then ask your self what what were the legacies left to their successors? You will find that Reagan was far better and Clinton a disaster. Meanwhile Ohole and harry REid with previous help from Pelocy is grinding this nation down to the nub.

BTW I am not saying that everything Reagan did was right or everything Clinton did was wrong. But Clinton left major stink bombs and Reagan (bush) did not -

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And todays Cape Cod Times headline - HERE COME THE DRONES....Otis AFB is new drone testing ground. Truth is they are here to spy on me.....I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLIED TO THIS THREAD!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give it a day or so and the topic will shift to religion since they've been brought up tp beleive there is a powerful figure up in the sky watching over them.

[/QUOTE]

For your penance go listen to some Black Sabbath

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And todays Cape Cod Times headline - HERE COME THE DRONES....Otis AFB is new drone testing ground. Truth is they are here to spy on me.....I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLIED TO THIS THREAD!

[/QUOTE]

Drones are here to stay.  Every country will have them.  And nanotechnology is so advanced that they can put them anywhere without being noticed.

I know you are joking in the section I put in bold, but I posed the question to Wozzy earlier and got no answer ... if people are truly afraid that the government is going to cart them away without cause and put them in a "FEMA Concentration Camp" why would you give them a way to trace you and say "here I am - come get me"?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Drones are here to stay.  Every country will have them.  And nanotechnology is so advanced that they can put them anywhere without being noticed.

I know you are joking in the section I put in bold, but I posed the question to Wozzy earlier and got no answer ... if people are truly afraid that the government is going to cart them away without cause and put them in a "FEMA Concentration Camp" why would you give them a way to trace you and say "here I am - come get me"?

[/QUOTE]

Because your assumption is that we are "afraid."  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pro

Higher Premiums. Higher Deductables, Higher drug costs, Fewer doctors and in some case no doctors ( like 240000 children for 6 pediatricians in a Fla. area, or thousands of Docs retiring) , Mandates for 60 yo women to have maternity care, or paying for women's BC as health care, psych visits,and on and on.

And the real possibility that the Insurance companies will be bailed out, 23 new taxes (I pay $29 a monthf n Obamacare taxes on my premium as everyone) waivers for insiders or any other political reason.  

and Lying about keeping your doctor and insurance policy, is more than incompetent - and it is worse than Enron or Madoff ever was. It is bait and switch in the biggest Ponzi schem of all time.

And while wew area at it, thousand of high risk [pateints are losing there Docs and Drugs DIRECTLY due to OBAMA and NOT the Insurance companies. Obama/Pelosio/ Reid shoiuld be in jail ALONG with all the other useful idiots who voted for this governmnet Krapsandwich

If these guys were in the private sector and did this they would go to jail - that is if Eric Holder werent AG.

Then add to it that fewer people are going to be insured - YES FEWER

And you want to blame the insurance compaines for what the Obama told them  and regulated them to do. Really -

Please Blame  the Governement - who cannot even run a website- They sre writing thousands of pages of regulations that are contradictory and convoluted. Any time the government gets involved in anything prices go up - The two highest inflaationary rates  are in Education and Health care - who runs them both - Government. And they are e well on thir way to ruining the military

Medicare and SD are full of fraud - FULL of FRAUD - this govenrment cannot run jack. And the economy cannot be run from the top down.

So begore you tell me that socilism has unfairly a bad name - they have to be able to run something well first = they don't and  they cannt

To the other debate on Reagan and Clinton - Please ask your self a few questions - Who ran Congress under Reagan? Who ran Congress under Clinton.? WE like to blame the president only but we can never forget Congress. Tip lied to Regan on spending. Clinton complained he couldnt spend more because of Newt

Then ask your self what what were the legacies left to their successors? You will find that Reagan was far better and Clinton a disaster. Meanwhile Ohole and harry REid with previous help from Pelocy is grinding this nation down to the nub.

BTW I am not saying that everything Reagan did was right or everything Clinton did was wrong. But Clinton left major stink bombs and Reagan (bush) did not -

[/QUOTE]

Seawolf, I guess I semi-agree that the US democracy has become incompetent.  Other democracies work better.  I'm not sure who to blame for that, but I suspect it comes back to the American people. It is a democracy after all and we vote for the people who run the government.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Yes pro you are right - the american people have been sheeple. when , in one poll over 505 do not know our 3 branches of Gov. - nor do thye care to know- we are screwed

And these are primarily the voters who sell the rest of us down the river

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now the scenario that will happen - how long till these "Obama is watching me" and "Government is my enemy" wackos start shooting at the drones? Besides - its not like the powers that be  dont know where we are....Every time a suspect in a crime claims he was home in bed during the crime he is accused of, its funny how his ATM Card was used at place A, his credit card bought gas at place B,  and his cell phone made a text from place C......A bud of mine does work at a local cell phone place - 2 to 3 times a week people come in asking him to disable locators on the phone because "with it on the Government can track you".....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes pro you are right - the american people have been sheeple. when , in one poll over 505 do not know our 3 branches of Gov. - nor do thye care to know- we are screwed

I think Americans have a very poor grasp of the issues, and are easily led around by emotion and marketing ploys rather than facts and logic.  I don't know when this changed--it wasn't always like this--but until the American people take more responsibility for understanding in a real way the issues that affect them, there's little hope that anything will truly improve. 

Maybe rampant consumerism has just turned the American mind to mush . . . sometimes I think all great societies eventually collapse under the strain of the very same forces that made them great. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess - in 1999 you were waiting for the year 2000 millenial end of world, then after that the fire and brimstone preacher end of world in May 2011, and then you hid in your hole Dec 2012....Please let us know when your episode of "Doomsday Preppers" will be on......sad part is the ammo shortage you insist the government is buying up, is actually being hoarded by wackos like yourself....I personally know a guy who bought 10,000 rounds of 22lr in 2012 and headed to his Maine cabin last December to await the Mayan end LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Americans have a very poor grasp of the issues, and are easily led around by emotion and marketing ploys rather than facts and logic.  I don't know when this changed--it wasn't always like this--but until the American people take more responsibility for understanding in a real way the issues that affect them, there's little hope that anything will truly improve. 

Maybe rampant consumerism has just turned the American mind to mush . . . sometimes I think most societies eventually collapse under the strain of the very same forces that made them strong. 

[/QUOTE]

Ya think??? Jonas Saulk who invents polio vaccine saving 1000s from paralysis and death passes away and gets 1 inch article on page 8 of newspaper....meanwhile Kardashian divorce is page 1 for days.....look at last nationl election - biggest issues for the 30 and under crowd was legalizing pot and gay marriage

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ah ha....its the voters then - nothing to do with GOP running clowns as candidates, due to the infighting of the fractured party.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ah ha....its the voters then - nothing to do with GOP running clowns as candidates, due to the infighting of the fractured party.

[/QUOTE]

I guess, though, in a democracy, if you don't like the candidates, you need to become one yourself.  Why aren't more Americans getting involved? Too hard? Too much sacrifice? Too many TV channels to watch?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Let me guess - in 1999 you were waiting for the year 2000 millenial end of world, then after that the fire and brimstone preacher end of world in May 2011, and then you hid in your hole Dec 2012....Please let us know when your episode of "Doomsday Preppers" will be on......sad part is the ammo shortage you insist the government is buying up, is actually being hoarded by wackos like yourself....I personally know a guy who bought 10,000 rounds of 22lr in 2012 and headed to his Maine cabin last December to await the Mayan end LOL

[/QUOTE]

In all of the above scenarios I had a drink in my hand.  I was thoroughly prepared.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I guess, though, in a democracy, if you don't like the candidates, you need to become one yourself.  Why aren't more Americans getting involved? Too hard? Too much sacrifice? Too many TV channels to watch?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you have a really strong democracy with pride in "Public Service" you are bound to get the "best and the brightest".   Kinda like that Toronto Mayor!   

Doh!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not enough money, not enough banking interests backing us...

.. you don't find it at least sneakingly suspicious that only blue bloods get elected President?  

Rodhams, Forbes, Rockefellers, DuPonts... they may change their names through marriage but the bloodlines stay the same.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One reason is that National elections are not Federally run, each state elections board sets its own rules and prints its own ballots - remember the mismarked FL ballots that gave us W instead of Gore, who actually won the popular vote? Last election I voted Virgil Goode from Constitution party as a write in...They were not on the MA ballot for President, because they did not get the mandated amount of signatures to appear on ballot, we only had 4 candidates listed, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, and Green parties. And our primaries are a real joke - you have to choose either a Democrat or Republican ballot and vote that way - no open primary law where every candidate regardless of party is on the ballot...