DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say "well-played" by all sides!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: DUCK DYNASTY.. thoughts? i say

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me guess - in 1999 you were waiting for the year 2000 millenial end of world, then after that the fire and brimstone preacher end of world in May 2011, and then you hid in your hole Dec 2012....Please let us know when your episode of "Doomsday Preppers" will be on......sad part is the ammo shortage you insist the government is buying up, is actually being hoarded by wackos like yourself....I personally know a guy who bought 10,000 rounds of 22lr in 2012 and headed to his Maine cabin last December to await the Mayan end LOL

[/QUOTE]

In all of the above scenarios I had a drink in my hand.  I was thoroughly prepared.

[/QUOTE]

Scary you even thought any of them had a chance of happening.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I guess, though, in a democracy, if you don't like the candidates, you need to become one yourself.  Why aren't more Americans getting involved? Too hard? Too much sacrifice? Too many TV channels to watch?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you have a really strong democracy with pride in "Public Service" you are bound to get the "best and the brightest".   Kinda like that Toronto Mayor!   

Doh!

[/QUOTE]

Mayor Ford is the price we liberals have to pay for letting conservatives vote. Wink 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess, though, in a democracy, if you don't like the candidates, you need to become one yourself.  Why aren't more Americans getting involved? Too hard? Too much sacrifice? Too many TV channels to watch?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you have a really strong democracy with pride in "Public Service" you are bound to get the "best and the brightest".   Kinda like that Toronto Mayor!   

Doh!

[/QUOTE]

Mayor Ford is the price we liberals have to pay for letting conservatives vote. Wink 

[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of I believe it was Howard Baker -  Bush 1s cabinet member who said after they were bounced out by Clinton, that "If soccer moms wernt allowed to vote America would have never heard of Bill Clinton"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You don't know anything about me or what I thought, I understand "questions" are scary to you though, that we should all just keep our mouths shut and heads in the sand.

Somewhere there are lemmings leaping off a cliff to their demise, feel free to follow if you so desire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

*You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

*You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

*You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

*You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

*You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

*You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence

*You cannot help people permanently by doing for them,what they could and should do for themselves.

Compare that to OBAMA's action and rhetoric!!!!!!!!!!   All coolade drinkers take note!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Pro ....this is for your perusal/comment. Happy New Year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't know anything about me or what I thought, I understand "questions" are scary to you though, that we should all just keep our mouths shut and heads in the sand.

Somewhere there are lemmings leaping off a cliff to their demise, feel free to follow if you so desire.

[/QUOTE]

Me jump off the cliff?? Im not the one who believes in the NWO taking over the U.S.....Were you also one of the ones insisting that Clinton was going to suspend elections in his second term so he would never have to leave the Whitehouse??? Im sure you remember that one from the militia and "black helicopter" wackos......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

*You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence

*You cannot help people permanently by doing for them,what they could and should do for themselves.

Compare that to OBAMA's action and rhetoric!!!!!!!!!!   All coolade drinkers take note!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lincoln was a great president, but these quotes have erroneously been attributed to him for YEARS.   This is more viral internet regurgitation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lincoln was a great president, but these quotes have erroneously been attributed to him for YEARS.   This is more viral internet regurgitation.

[/QUOTE]

I thought Lincolns most famous quote was after sobering up he said "I freed the who???"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lincoln was a great president, but these quotes have been erroneously been attributed to him for YEARS.   This is more viral internet regurgitation.

[/QUOTE]

If you are right then my bad. Leon Cooperman presented them on CNBC a few months back and I have a high regard for his intelligence/integrity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Me jump off the cliff?? Im not the one who believes in the NWO taking over the U.S.....Were you also one of the ones insisting that Clinton was going to suspend elections in his second term so he would never have to leave the Whitehouse??? Im sure you remember that one from the militia and "black helicopter" wackos......

[/QUOTE]

You believe drinking your own urine is good for you, that the Easter bunny is real and the World is flat.

See... I can make up hypothetical stuff about you as well and pretend you said it.  

That doesn't require any talent or even logic.  

Stop trying to pigeonhole me into a stereotype in an attempt to feel superior.  If you have anything factual to say than do so, otherwise move on, if I'm a loon than why do feel the need to respond?  

It's far more likely you have a dog in this fight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

If you are right then my bad. Leon Cooperman presented them on CNBC a few months back and I have a high regard for his intelligence/integrity.

[/QUOTE]

No big deal.  Everyone passes it along as Lincoln's.   This stuff happens more and more in the internet age.

It's from William Boetcker's "The Ten Cannots".

My favorite real Lincoln quote is this one ...

"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Its just that these wacko types really are a howl - my parents winter in AZ, and the state has its fair share of them. One guy would go walking his dog down the street every morning - AR15 over his shoulder and 45 on his hip. Made a remark to him one morning about all the artillery he was carrying, his reply was that "With Obama in the Whitehouse you have to be armed 24/7" - then he gives me a card with his blog site on it.....Im sure the guys IQ is miles high....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yes the internet is full of falsehoods but what you see on TV is real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes the internet is full of falsehoods but what you see on TV is real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

[/QUOTE]

The best is at the 7 minute mark when they put on their gas masks due to a scud landing in the studio I guess..?  CNN faking news, brilliant...

Baaah sheep... baaah

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No big deal.  Everyone passes it along as Lincoln's.   This stuff happens more and more in the internet age.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy"

[/QUOTE]

Real Lincoln Quote: You can fool most of the people some of the time; some of the people all of the time; but not all of the people all of the time.

Obama gets his come uppance!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And this for yours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._H._Boetcker

(It's hilarious when conservatives fall for fake quotes--just shows how much they think they know and how little they really know.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wink  Now see, Catfish is the kind of conservative I really like . . . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And this for yours:

(It's hilarious when conservatives fall for fake quotes--just shows how much they think they know and how little they really know.)

[/QUOTE]

Theres a great liberal ad from the 96 Presidential primaries - I believe the candidate was Phil Graham, leaving an appearance he waved to the crowd, the liberal ad stopped it on one frame where the wave was stopped to look just like a Nazi salute....Priceless 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prolate, I'll give you this ... you present the "liberal argument" better than 99.99% of people who actually vote that way.

[ Now I'll get back to showing you the flaws and fallacies of your thinking :) ]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And this for yours:

[/QUOTE]

I deserve the hit!!

Now let me see you get on Obama for his keep your doctor lie and that families will save $2500 on health insurance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prolate, I'll give you this ... you present the "liberal argument" better than 99.99% of people who actually vote that way.

[ Now I'll get back to showing you the flaws and fallacies of your thinking :) ]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I used to vote for liberal Republicans a lot, too . . . but those became extinct back about the time Bill Weld retired. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Abraham LINCOLN  quotes:

And this for yours:

[/QUOTE]

I deserve the hit!!

Now let me see you get on Obama for his keep your doctor lie and that families will save $2500 on health insurance.

[/QUOTE]

I told you, I never thought the Obama plan was a good one. In fact, the whole process of getting the healthcare bill drafted turned me off to Obama as a leader.  As I explained above, my objections to the plan aren't the conservatives' objections, but they are objections just as well.

What really bothered me about Obama was his failure to lead the country where it needed to go.  Because he failed to do that, he got the wrong plan--and now he and the country are paying the price.  Where I disagree with the current Republican noise machine is with their idea that government involvement in health care isn't necessary or that reform is merely a matter of tort reform.  The basic problem is simple as anyone who is not a partisan hack should be able to admit: Health care is extremely expensive and a large percentage of Americans can't afford it.  You solve that problem in one of three ways:

• Letting people who can't afford it live (and die) without health care
    • Controlling the cost of health care
    • Subsidizing it for those who can't afford it

The first bullet is not one most Americans would accept--or at least I hope not.  The third bullet is the easiest short-term solution, though it may not be sustainable for the long term if the second bullet is not addressed.  The second bullet is the crux of the problem and, unfortunately, the Obama program does little to fix it.  What Obamacare actually does is provide subsidies by forcing everyone into the private insurance system (or into government health plans where they exist).  This may not seem like a subsidy on the surface, but by putting everyone into the risk pool and requiring a certain minimum level of benefit, it forces the private policyholders to pay for the full group's cost/risk through their premiums.  I think the hope was that costs would somehow decline when uninsured people were insured (better or more timely care, less inefficient cost transfering, etc.), but from an insurance company perspective any savings from those sources will only be realized if providers actually lower their fees for their services, which hasn't happened and likely won't happen. Insurance companies have to charge based on the fees and claims they expect, so with more sick people to insure, their premium charges have gone up, not down. There was also the hope that more healthy, employed young people would buy insurance, adding additional premiums without adding too many more claims.  This too hasn't happened as expected. There just aren't enough of these employed healthy young people to outweigh the cost of providing coverage to older, sicker people--and if you raise premium costs to the extent you need to cover the older, sicker people, you make insurance unaffordable for many of the young.

So it's a big mess.  I agree with you there.  And I blame Obama big time for the mess.  (A lot of my liberal friends get pizzed off at me for that, too.) Where I completely disagree with the conservatives, though, is that I believe the real solution probably requires much more government involvement through direct subsidies to the poor (or government-funded insurance plans like Medicare) and probably through some (I'll say the scary word) "rationing" of health care (at least the portion the government will pay for). Tough decisions need to be made about what the public can be expected to cover and how far we go saving lives when quality of life can't be expected.  Those are tough decisions, but they are far better to make than to drive most people out of the health care market altogether as costs escalate or drive the country to bankruptcy paying for every possible kind of care in every possible situation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ANYBODY dispute OBAMA is a LIAR???????????????

[/QUOTE]

NO TAKERS........I thought so

[/QUOTE]

Please.

Better to ask: What politician doesn't lie?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Thsi government isnt capable of running Jack shhht

Gov has been creeping in since Teddy boy gave us HMOs

First they need to

1) Allow real competition across state lines

2) Allow Small Businesses to pool together to get better rates

3) Have Tort Reform

4) Stop the mandates for social engineering and politics

5) Stop giving phony contracts to crony insiders - like their  WEbsite criminals

6) Stop writing regulations that invade peoples privacy adn all of the horrible new reports taht go with it

7) There was supposed to be an IBM program that would put a big dent into Medicare and SS fraud - If so do it

Then

Get an independent non political crew to provide a Blue print for structuring the entire medical system . like how we get Doctors to be doctors, maybe develop clinics for the indigent?

And then allow to Manage  as much thru privately managed groups as possible . Here in NJ, MCGreevy a total scmuck as a Gov did one thing right. He completely cleaned up the DMV from a GOp Gov by privatizing it. Now its no problem to go in and people are very polite.

Recognize that there will always be people who will not get insurance until its too late

There probably is no good answer to end of life costs - Have seen it first hand , impossible choices sometimes

Please ni top down micro- managing - it cannot be done well

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ANYBODY dispute OBAMA is a LIAR???????????????

[/QUOTE]

NO TAKERS........I thought so

[/QUOTE]

Please.

Better to ask: What politician doesn't lie?

[/QUOTE]

Weak tea from those who can't MAN up!!!!!!!!