Dungy: Peyton More Clutch Than Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Dungy: Peyton More Clutch Than Brady

"Your coach wouldn't punt the ball to Peyton," Dungy said in referring to Patriots coach Bill Belichick's decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 deep in his own territory rather than give the ball back to Manning late in the Colts' Week 10, 35-34 victory.

"I would punt the ball to Tom Brady with one minute left," Dungy said. "Your coach is the best coach in the world and wouldn't punt it to [Manning]. What does that say?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Dungy: Peyton More Clutch Than Brady

With two minutes or less on the clock, there isn't a quarterback I would rather have than Brady. He is the best in the business. That is why I didn't understand why BB didn't just let the Colts score on the next play once they failed on the forth and 2. Brady would have gotten the ball back with two minutes and needing only a field goal to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It says BB has bigger balls than Dungy for one thing, and that he is also more updated on statistics. Also, it says that Dungy had a better D than the pats had this season. 

It also says Dungy is an over-rated, self promoting douchee who had the leave TB to allow them to win the SB with a superior coach (Gruden). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Has he watched the NFL lately?  Jamarcus Russel can drive the ball 80 yards in 2 minutes under the super pass happy NFL rules.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Cause he wont admit had Pats puted, the first play would have been a downfield throw with the reciever to jump on pats defender for the automatic flag......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Ill just requote jaws.. Its all about the hardware 3:1 Suckas..... Brady rules

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

No, no, that was a misquote.

What he actually was that "Peyton is more putz than Brady".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

At this point in their careers, Manning is better than Brady.  Brady used to be infamous for bringing his team down the field for a win.  How many times did the pats lose because they couldnt close out the 4th qtr.

Manning is working with rookies and 2nd year guys and they are in the super bowl.

Three SB's were a lifetime ago friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Simple Math: 3>2 Yes, Indy will win, Sunday.

Simple Truth: Winning 3 SBs in the 00s is better than having most RS wins in the same decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

What's he supposed to say?  Can't get on a coach for defending his guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This isn't news.  It'd be news if BB prefered Peyton to Brady...........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Both of these guys played on supremely talented teams in the 2000's, both guys have made big plays in the clutch, and both have also F'd up in the clutch more times than I can count as well.  So what's the difference??? 

Brady in 2005 divisional playoffs against the Broncos throwing a pick to basically end the game, Brady in 2006 Champ game at Indy throwing a pick to end the game, Brady in 2007 SB and Champ game playing medicore/flat out bad games, Brady this year in playoffs against ravens with 4 turnovers.

Peyton last year against Chargers at end of the game doing nothing, etc. etc.  So, point is, who cares.  Either guy would be good to have at the end of the game in any scenerio, and either guy could just as easily lose the game.

Neither of these guys are Elway or Montana types that are going to take the game over inside of 2 min.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Its simple at this point in their careers Manning is better then Brady.

I dont buy the 3-1 Super bowl argument. Thats like saying Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino. To many factors go into winning a super bowl. Not just the QB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

As of Sept 16th 2008,

Montana, in his Hall of Fame career, had 31 4th quarter comebacks. He retired at age 38. Peyton Manning at the time these stats were written was 32, and already has 31 fourth quarter comebacks. Tom Brady, had 26 at the time for his career.

I believe those stats would be even more separating now. Brady did not play in 2008. Manning probably had more 4th qtr comebacks after Sept 16th. In 2009 how many did Brady have? One or two? I believe Manning had 7 or 8, at least,  4th qtr comebacks.

The "statistical" fact is Brady is not "more clutch" than Peyton. Joe Montana is not more "clutch" than Peyton.

BB says stats are for losers or whatever it was he said so make up your own minds.

By saying Peyton is the best it is like people think you are saying Brady stinks. Peyton is living up to his billing coming out of college. First overall selection in the draft, all the hype etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Low-FB-IQ,

The stats that I like to see are (A) comeback wins in playoff/championchip games, (B) comeback wins/number of opportunity ratio.  Those are the important factors.  The obvious intangilbe that comes into play is the quality of talent surrounding the QB. 

If Elway had a better defense, who knows how many comeback wins he'd have had, because he would have had more opportunities in close games.

On the flip side, Montana also played on some dominant teams that often did not need a comeback.  The type of game he played for the first 58 minutes put his team in a position where he didn't need a comeback.  Bottom line, stats only go so far in determining who is "more clutch" and who isn't. 

I was watching a game recently where a stat came up that said Alex Smith has had 4 come from behind 4th quarter wins out of 32 starts.  That would equate to 24 comeback wins over a 12 year career, and we all know that Smith obviously is not clutch and couldn't carry Peyton or Bradys' jock.

Jake Plummer had a number of comeback wins as well, and that guy was never clutch either.

I have a harder time seeing Peyton as "clutch", because he can't make plays with his feet if protection breaks down.  Neither can Brady.  I guess at the same time those guys control the game more with their mind.  That is great for making plays when a team tries to blitz, but I'm not sure it helps when you get into a situation where a 3 man rush is putting pressure on your QB.  That is when I want Elway or Montana in their prime to buy time and keep the chains moving with their feet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

So dunheap would have punted the ball to Brady?... Really?  WOW.. and I never saw Brady return a punt, I guess that means that the self-righteous pompous donkey would have kicked it out of bounds at the 50 yrs line? 

WHAT A donkey...  This guy can;t keep his own family together, yet he decides to opine on everything under the sun..... I am sure he too will be looking for others to blame if Pickin Peyton flops.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaws213. Show jaws213's posts

Many times this year in the second half/4th qtr the Pats offense disappeared. Brady is definitely missing something and not sure he will ever get it back. At this point Manning is more clutch for sure and Brady is looking more like Bledsoe. Brady has not looked calm and cool for a long time now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i sure hope brady comes back to how he was in his peak. otherwise, jaws is right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Jinxed...

Oh, Tony you shouldn't have said that. Now Manning will throw a pick, or two, in the 4th q and hand the win to the Saints.

Theres not much difference the past few years between the two. I think if Brady lined up behind Indys offense you would see the same statistical results, maybe a few less interceptions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seems like the colts are getting cocky. I think the Saints win. 19-0.

The Colts decided to tank a live football game and spat in the face of history. Thats what they deserve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

I would say that not punting the ball actually means that BB has more faith in Brady making it, than Dungy has in Manning making. So basically Dungy is saying that he does not believe that Manning can get 2 yards when they need them. If you think Manning is so great, and so clutch, you would give him the ball.

But hey, let's twist things and say that b/c at that moment BB did not trust his D, that it means that Brady is not good anymore, and b/c he is no longer good or clutch, let's give him the ball! Yup that makes perfect sense, Mr. Dungy...

It's very easy to take shots at the Pats on a year they are not doing so well and the Colts are... where were these comments from Saint Dungy during the years he was getting beaten by the Pats and Manning was going one and done on a very consistent basis? The first time Brady ever went one and done? 2009!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"It says BB has bigger balls than Dungy for one thing, and that he is also more updated on statistics. Also, it says that Colts had a better D than the pats had this season.  It also says Dungy is an over-rated, self promoting douchee who had the leave TB to allow them to win the SB with a superior coach (Gruden)."
    ~RockDog

I actually like it when I don't have to post...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Laz is sanctimonious a word??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

If I didn't know that duoche was already French for duoche, then I would think dungy was French for duoche.

(

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trlrunner. Show trlrunner's posts

Manning any day of the week!!! Brady is know longer clutch..your only good as your last performance. Hey i'm a Pats fan but i'm also honest.