Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!

Dungy said on The Dan Patrick Show that he’d want no part of a player who doesn’t hustle unless he’s playing for a new contract.

“I would not, no,” Dungy said when asked if he’d sign off on his team acquiring Haynesworth. “I’ve seen Albert Haynesworth, and I’ve seen those great years he has when he’s got something to prove and he’s trying to make money. But I’ve also — we played against Albert Haynesworth in Indianapolis when he really wasn’t playing hard.” What about Serial Dog Killers. They are OK to Touch. Is this because Big Al came to the Pats.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!

Of course he wouldn't touch Haynesworth. Everyone knows Dungy is not a homosexual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, I wonder when people in the media are going to learn that nobody cares about Dungy's opinion. Haynesworth has never gone to jail for a serious crime and he can't touch him and yet he was lined up outside the prison cell for Plax and Vick? Hm.

And King, show respect to his son please. From what I know, his son was gay and since Dungy has his stringent religious beliefs, he wouldn't accept that. Hence, his son hanged himself. I could be wrong but I remember some stuff being out there.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't that prove my point? He's so self righteous he wouldn't accept his son for what he was? That's the whole point! I would never bring something like that up, but you have to in this case to show what a fraud Dungy is. He must feel completely awful, but his trusty Bible told him he did the right now by disowning his son. Super, Tony!  Good thing, dog lover, Mike Vick, has a father figure now.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

PREACH!

Lord knows Dungy isn't afraid to. He's played the "hilier-than-thou" card his whole professional existence. Oh, but don't ever point the finger at your own players. Feel good have sexual predator Manning as the face of your franchise (look it up, 2 incidents at TEN).

2 faced P O S. I've got somewhere he can shove his Bible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Right on King, Could never stand Dungy’s righteousness. What happend to his son was sad and you are correct, he never accepted his son for what he was. Charity starts at home.
    Comparing BB to Dunghy is stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, good point. Even before his son passed away, I was always completely turned off by Dungy. His son's story, for me, was the tipping point: like some of you guys are saying, how can you preach this stuff to other players when you failed to take care of your own loved ones first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Would Dungy be saying this if the Colts, Chiefs or Jets picked up Albert

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I wonder when people in the media are going to learn that nobody cares about Dungy's opinion. Haynesworth has never gone to jail for a serious crime and he can't touch him and yet he was lined up outside the prison cell for Plax and Vick? Hm. And King, show respect to his son please. From what I know, his son was gay and since Dungy has his stringent religious beliefs, he wouldn't accept that. Hence, his son hanged himself. I could be wrong but I remember some stuff being out there.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Yea ap, that's sorta his point though...  Total b#llsh#t religious absolutes of acceptance, forgiveness, love, & understanding.  He believes that he resides in some glass house, and the only ones whom can be allowed in, Have to virtuous,  and live the life of these high moral ideals of acting saintly in their compassion to thy neighbor, their loved ones, and their fellow man...  But the second his wide-out shoots someone, He understands & forgives...  And the second Vick tortures animals, He understands & forgives...  The second his son tells him that he's homosexual, he shuns him & alienates him to the end...  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, good point. Even before his son passed away, I was always completely turned off by Dungy. His son's story, for me, was the tipping point: like some of you guys are saying, how can you preach this stuff to other players when you failed to take care of your own loved ones first.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Classic projecting. Psych 101. He critisizes others when he sees flaws in himself, too weak to face his own demons. It's much easier to spend the time tearing everyone else down to your level than try to fix yourself, and raise yourself up.

He's a total fraud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

So when Haynesworth has a great year will Dungy take his words back or is honest not a part of being a Christian any more?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm a little confused here.

I don't have any great love for Tony Dungy, but you guys are comparing apples and oranges here. Yes, it's true Dungy is a self-righteous hypocrite. I think that's been established. But what he said about Haynesworth as a player is true. He's a quitter. Saying you wouldn't want a quitter on your team (an opinion I happen to agree with) is not the same as saying you wouldn't give a criminal (for instance) a second chance.

Now . . .  that whole business with his son . . .  I'm not touching that, and I don't really think any of us should.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

The piling on over the Dungy family's loss is pretty disgusting.  It's uncharitable, mean-spirited, and shows a tremendous lack of wisdom and insight. No one here knows Dungy personally, knows any of the context of that family, has any insight into the circumstances of the incident, and clearly knows nothing about the inherent complexity and difficulty of suicide.

It's my sincere prayer that none of you ever has first-hand experience with loss like that family does.  One of the nasty surpises for the survivors of suicide is the judgements people from outside the circumstances make--you've lost someone you love, you're crushed by enormity of what's happened, and then you have to deal with the small cruelties of weak people who get something (self-righteousness, identity, etc.) from judgements.

Contemptible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hmmmm.... Let me see...... Better to forgive and forget about the antics of ex-felons. They need the second chance and opportunity. They served their time and deserve the right and opportunity to re-start their NFL careers. He said they were "sorry". But, as we have seen many a time, this apology is NIT for their deeds, only for getting caught. Any takers on their bevahior modification adn life choices if they had NOT been caught? I think if this happened today, we'd be reading about how surprised we should be that Vick has been fighting/killing dogs for the past (fill in your number here) years! How could he???? As for Plax? I believe he didn't aim high enough. Remember, it was only a "mistake" that Simpleton Boy took a loaded handgun into a nightclud for his own protection. If he feared for his life, why go into that club??? No one has successfully answered that one yet. But, again, let by-gones be by-gones; time to forgive and forget and allow rehab opportunties.

Now comes Haynesworth. yes he signed a huge contract (even for 'Skins standards), to play in his set defense where he has had (and his teams, BTW), in a 4-3 defense. So, Snyder brings hard case Shanahack into the fold, and he decides to use a 3-4. Now, knowing he's got an All Pro caliber of DL, what does he do to ease the situation? Talk to him? Try to convince him that this is a good thing and that he can be successful? No. He uses his power based ego to break him into something he's not. The responsibility of a good to great coach is to utilize his players to the best of their abilities, and out them into a position to achieve success. I'm sure that if we all know how dissatisfied Haynesworth was in that situation, surely Ego Mike was all too clear about it too. Trade him? no. Reason being (not getting good value in return". Cut him? Not a chance; could fall into the lap of another NFC East team (Giants, seeing their 2010 injuries). So, he strings him out, making him look like the bad guy. In the end, he finally traded him. Guess Shanahack's brain cell has not mastecized after all!

Now, hanesworth didn't endear himself to anyone in the DC area, any 'Skins fan, or most NFL fans in general. But, now that he's back in the type of defense that he has and will show his skills, I'm sure he'll see the light regarding acceptable behavior. BB doesn't even come close to having an ego the size of Ego Mike. His expectations are simple: do the best you can and perform. If not, you're gone. No media involvement, just here on Sunday, gone on tuesday..... quietly. Then the obligatory news conference announcing that it was time to end the relationship and allow him to move on with his career.

Dungy? let him keep on apologizing for ex-felons, and brain dead athletes. After all, he's GOT to be doing something. chaulk him us as irrelevent to the NFL.   

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Not only is Dungy a hypocrite but how many White athletes has he mentored?? NONE. He is a closet racist, as well as homophobe, as well as a bleeding heart liberal hypocrite. Yall remember when Maine Governor Paul LePage was asked by the NAACP to visit all black prisoners at a state prison on Martin Luther Kng Day? He said NO, if I am going to visit priosners I will visit ALL prisoners. You think his holiness Tony Dungy would have said that?!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Dungy is a DB and christian holy roller. His son killed himself because he was gay and Dungy wouldn't accept it!

Dungy likes dog killers but not trouble makers - he can rot in he11

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]You have the right to your opinion, and we have ours. Dungy's fraudulent behavior is the elephant in the room, apparently. If he's going to talk down to people from his perch, he is open to criticism especially when it's so obvious. I already stated I feel sorry for his family with regards to his son, but it ties into his poor behavior. Some of whom Saint Dungy is talking to, are actually as intelligent, if not more so than he is. I find his lecturing insulting, to be honest. And it's far from contemptible.  If Dungy had beaten his wife, and had that form of abuse towards her, and she calleld herself because of it, I'd be looking at him in the same way. Far too much PC going in today's world and people like Dungy thrive and make money off it. That's what is contemptible.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

We all know Dungy is the self appointed" Patron Saint" of the NFL. Who cares what this self riteous blow-hard has to say anyway!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not to pile on Tony Dungy, but he is also a racist pig:)

Remember that half time skit where Terrel Owens was in the lockeroom with the girl from sex and the city? Dungy was appalled because they placed Owens with a white girl...imagine the out cry if someone white had said...how dare they put that little white girl with that colored man?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not to get too far off track here, but I though Rusty's "college education" take on Michael Vick's football career at Virginia Tech was pretty funny.