Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!

All I can say is I guess I never heard about his son being gay...I just remembering hearing the inital announcment that his son killed himself over a girlfriend.  I guess that was the cover-up they tried to use when it first was reported.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!:
    [QUOTE]What I find fascinating is how the media is just infatuated with him.  It's beyond Bill Cowher levels. Look, seems like a nice enough guy, etc, and that's really why the media collectively doesn't care about his legendary hypocrisy. However, I am not going to sit back and pretend I don't see it. How about this DUngy? Vick is a stupid person who never would have stopped torturing dogs if he hadn't been caught. The dead giveaway is the profile of Vick. He doesn't "mentor" any lower profile players who may have issues.    Why not suggest a committee that you lead that deals WITH ALL NFL players who may come from broken homes, etc, so you can reach out to ALL people, instead of the high profile ones? Even you and your trusty King James bible can't change that fact, Saint Dungy.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah man that Coach Cower stuff on the pre-game show is heave inducing. 

As for Dungy, what has he done lately rather than run his mouth about religion? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]again the dum basses arise from ths sh)tpile. dungy wac asked a question which he answered and in doing so complimented your coach. but as myopic headline buyers,youve chosen to play the exact same judge for which you criticize dungy. could you be more of a hypocrite?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You dispute that his son was gay and that Dungy would not countenance that and it contributed to his son taking his own life?  Those are the fact presented here, do you have alternative information or are you just angry that someone dissed someone who was once associated with your team?  If its the latter that speaks volumes about you.  If you have alternative information, we are waiting.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Not only is Dungy a hypocrite but how many White athletes has he mentored?? NONE. He is a closet racist, as well as homophobe, as well as a bleeding heart liberal hypocrite. Yall remember when Maine Governor Paul LePage was asked by the NAACP to visit all black prisoners at a state prison on Martin Luther Kng Day? He said NO, if I am going to visit priosners I will visit ALL prisoners. You think his holiness Tony Dungy would have said that?!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I can't wait for the GOP to get to have to security of the executive & judicial branches of power...  Maybe then, we can finally start to turn ALL these closed-minded, liberal preaching racist homophobe uncaring bigots around!  Those m#rons would rather have Us ALL waste our government taxes on people who don't make enough to feed themselves, yet all the while forgetting the fact that, rather IF we don't end up paying an extra 2 or 3% more towards our national several trillion dollar debt, then the top 1% of wage earners will never feel secure enough to even RE-invest in our economy...  I mean it's like, "Where's your brain fellas?"  ...Sheez, it's almost as if- IF given choice "A" Pay a bit more of your credit card bill so maybe in 20 or 30 short years, I might incidentally somehow get a better job, OR "B" Right now, I'm starving & near homeless, so I'm gonna buy spend that money on food & rent...THESE liberal imbec#les en masse, would choose to forsake the wise long-term and rather unconnected move of having a better credit score & thus somehow, increasing your better job opportunities, With an id#otic mantra of basic SHORT-term self-survival...sad. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

Is that you "Too Many Weapons"?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Wow........football is back!!! Never quite understood the infatuation with these peoples personal lives,unless you don't have one of your own. To comment on someones personal tragedy with out even knowing said person shows how the anonimity of the internet gives broad shoulders to the otherwise puny...... ....lets try and keep this about football......
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

No doubt.  Belichick is not the "cleanest" guy either professionally or personally, but I'll leave his personal shortcomings alone. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

why has the king aka tmw deleted his posts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth! : No doubt.  Belichick is not the "cleanest" guy either professionally or personally, but I'll leave his personal shortcomings alone. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hoody isn't the cleanest guy, I get it, but the difference is that he's not judging other people's character. At least not publicly. Whenever he's asked about someone else's personal situation, you always get, "Look, I'm just focused on my team right now. My job is tough enough as it is."

In a personal sense, I feel deeply for the Dungy's for losing their son. That doesn't really come off as genuine on a message board but I do feel for them. My issue with Dungy always has been about him judging and evaluating other people whereas he may have dropped the ball within his own home. I guess he's not the first religious zealot that's lost his footing a bit.

He and his wife do a ton of charitable work and I admire that, no doubt. I would just prefer if he stopped portraying himself as 'the savior' where one sitdown with Dungy means a career and personal transformation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Belichick is not the "cleanest" guy either professionally or personally, but I'll leave his personal shortcomings alone. "

Exactly, because they are irrelevant. Because BB doesn't use his position in life as a bully pulpit to lecture others with sanctimonious Christian hypocrisy. 

What you are also failing to understand is that this is a pattern for Dungy to keep himself in headlines by providing moral judgements on the Pats. I've heard enough from Dungy. Supposedly he is so committed to Christian service and yet he can't keep away from a football microphone. 

As for your point about Dungy and Haynesworth, I read the whole quote. I thought it was pretty harmless taken in isolation, but there is a lot of pent up anger in this forum towards Dungy for understandable reasons. So in his case it doesn't take a lot. You might think it's because I'm a Pats fan but actually I can't stand moralizing hypocrites across the board. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Um, Dungy's not coaching any team now.  He's a commentator now.  He's paid to provide his opinion now.  That's very different than Belichick. 

Dungy has done very little judging of people.  I get it that pats fans will hate him forever, because when asked about spygate Dungy said it tainted the legacy, but there really wasn't much beyond that unless you care to share that. 

Today, its a big deal because he feels his calling is to help rehab people.  He goes to jails to work with inmates.  I don't know where Quag gets that he's a racist and has never helped a white guy, but then again, on this board its obvious that people will jump to conclusions about anything. 

And how in the world can you say that he failed as a parent?  And do you not think, that Dungy and his wife were not involved with their son who was of college age and had been attending school in Tampa? 

It just strikes me as irresponsible to jump to conclusions about tragic events where very little fact is known. 

Finally, I am no religious nut, but if everyone is allowed their freedoms, Dungy is allowed his.  There are a helluva lot of opinions in this world, Dungy's not the only one who shares it.  And I am not sure where he "lost his footing" was he caught with a woman other than his wife or another man or a child?  Was he arrested for drugs or DUI?  Did he beat up an innocent person?  What awful thing did Dungy do that would cause you to say he "lost his footing"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]Um, Dungy's not coaching any team now.  He's a commentator now.  He's paid to provide his opinion now.  That's very different than Belichick.  Dungy has done very little judging of people.  I get it that pats fans will hate him forever, because when asked about spygate Dungy said it tainted the legacy, but there really wasn't much beyond that unless you care to share that.  Today, its a big deal because he feels his calling is to help rehab people.  He goes to jails to work with inmates.  I don't know where Quag gets that he's a racist and has never helped a white guy, but then again, on this board its obvious that people will jump to conclusions about anything.  And how in the world can you say that he failed as a parent?  And do you not think, that Dungy and his wife were not involved with their son who was of college age and had been attending school in Tampa?  It just strikes me as irresponsible to jump to conclusions about tragic events where very little fact is known.  Finally, I am no religious nut, but if everyone is allowed their freedoms, Dungy is allowed his.  There are a helluva lot of opinions in this world, Dungy's not the only one who shares it.  And I am not sure where he "lost his footing" was he caught with a woman other than his wife or another man or a child?  Was he arrested for drugs or DUI?  Did he beat up an innocent person?  What awful thing did Dungy do that would cause you to say he "lost his footing"?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I think where quag got the racist part was  you never see dungy tring to rehab a white player,at least thats the way I took it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth! :              I think where quag got the racist part was  you never see dungy tring to rehab a white player,at least thats the way I took it.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Lippa - I got it.  So, in order for Dungy to prove himself to the likes of Quagmire, he must publicly try to help  a white person.  Dungy does a lot of prison work.  I'd be shocked if it was only black people, but since he helped Michael Vick, I guess that makes him a racist.  Wonder how that sits with other black people after he was critical of another black person haynesworth. 

Personally, Lippa, I think Quagmire may be the one with race issues. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

There are over 10,000 religions in the world. If God set these up for us to learn to worship Him properly, learn to love one another, and have useful, peaceful lives, we can only arrive at one of two conclusions. Either he failed miserably, or he didn't set them up in the first place and something else is behind them.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth! : Lippa - I got it.  So, in order for Dungy to prove himself to the likes of Quagmire, he must publicly try to help  a white person.  Dungy does a lot of prison work.  I'd be shocked if it was only black people, but since he helped Michael Vick, I guess that makes him a racist.  Wonder how that sits with other black people after he was critical of another black person haynesworth.  Personally, Lippa, I think Quagmire may be the one with race issues. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Iam not  a vick hater,I dont like what the did but it could be how he was raised and been around stuff like that his whole life.I dont know this for fact but read someting about it awhile ago.Your right dungy has the right to say whatever he wants and I could care less its his oppion like everyone has theres,its if you choose to listen or not ,but to get this much hatered is beyound beleif to me and sure got alot of attention for it.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Ig n Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dungy would never touch Haynesworth! : No. no. He also commented on TO dating a white woman.  Either you conveniently stepped over that post or you didn't see it, or are ignoring it. Either way, it's pretty obvious he has some racial issues he needs to deal with. And Dungy is being hammered in the comments section. Everyone is tired of his act: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/tony-dungy-wouldnt-touch-albert-haynesworth/
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You'll have to find the information where Dungy was critical of Owens dating a white woman.  I've just tried to look it up quickly and didn't find anything. 

Oh and as to getting hammered, yep by some pats fans just like here, but not so much otherwise.  And some of the responses are as dumb as the ones here.  He gave Belichick a compliment and you guys are complaining.  Myopia runs rampant among some pats fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

why is this thread here its colts stuff who cares!